News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Dudley Consultation

Started by Dom, July 22, 2019, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: Nathan on December 13, 2019, 11:17:00 PM
@2206 The 8 would interwork with the X8 apparently. 6759-61 would be likely.

Thank goodness for the 228, 250 and 251 if I need to head to Corbetts from Stourbridge or merry hill to an appointment on time.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Winston on December 13, 2019, 11:23:58 PM
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/541736/
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/541735/

The 15 & 16 appear to be swapping via routes through Wombourne, but there's still the 3 individual routes 15 / 16 & 17.

i.e. 15 now via Himley & Wombourne
     16 now via Swindon & Wombourne

I thought that at first, i don't know what the current registrations read but... could Himley not just refer to the 15A? (I.e the details on the reg haven't been updated as per or it will remain serving there?)

winston

Quote from: Nathan on December 13, 2019, 11:27:57 PM
I thought that at first, i don't know what the current registrations read but... could Himley not just refer to the 15A? (I.e the details on the reg haven't been updated as per or it will remain serving there?)

No, click on the previous registration for the 16 & you'll see they've been amended.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/522673/

Trident 4609

richardjones210368

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 13, 2019, 11:24:40 PM
Thank goodness for the 228, 250 and 251 if I need to head to Corbetts from Stourbridge or merry hill to an appointment on time.
Good old Diamond Bus what would you do without them.

richardjones210368

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 06, 2019, 11:22:50 AM
It probably wouldn't have happened if buses were regulated (either franchise a la London or pre '86).

That's the problem with deregulation and capitalism. Bus companies think more about profit for shareholders than they do for passengers.
After todays  election result expect a step up of the quality partnerships across the Wesr Midlands.

Trident 4609

Reading between the lines.

The 81 is cut back to Dudley, one of the 11 or 11A extended to Merry Hill... i assume those two changes are linked.

The WN4 not only appears to be not extending to Wombourne, but also cut back to run i54 to Wolverhampton.

BH2004

Quote from: Nathan on December 13, 2019, 11:55:53 PM

The WN4 not only appears to be not extending to Wombourne, but also cut back to run i54 to Wolverhampton.

If it is cut back to Wolverhampton what would replace it for the elderly that need to get to the city centre from Sping Hill

DJ

Quote from: Nathan on December 13, 2019, 11:55:53 PM

The 81 is cut back to Dudley, one of the 11 or 11A extended to Merry Hill... i assume those two changes are linked.

Yep, 11/11A will run over the current 81 route from Dudley to Merry Hill, with a 30 minute frequency over that part, so one 11 and one 11A an hour. The 4M will likely still be a quicker direct option from Walsall. I believe it was only done as the section of the 81 from Dudley to Merry Hill wouldn't be viable on its own.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Trident 4609

Quote from: BH2004 on December 14, 2019, 10:16:16 AM
If it is cut back to Wolverhampton what would replace it for the elderly that need to get to the city centre from Sping Hill

From what a driver told me the other week, and i assumed he was just getting things mixed up with the original 4 extension proposal to Wombourne, the 15 may well operate between Wolverhampton and Spring Hill via the 4 route as opposed to Penn Road.

wulfrun

Quote from: BH2004 on December 14, 2019, 10:16:16 AM
If [N4] is cut back to Wolverhampton what would replace it for the elderly that need to get to the city centre from Sping Hill

Why just the elderly? You mean 32k who live in SW Wolverhampton - who NX Bus choose to ignore?  ;D

They way it looks to me is that N15 is going to be routed out of Wolverhampton along the route of the existing N4 via Merry Hill (Wolverhampton) to Spring Hill, where the bus will then continue along A449 following current N16 via Himley to Wall Heath, then as current N15 to Merry Hill (Dudley). This will be the core 30 min frequency.

There will be additional fillers from Merry Hill (Dudley) to Wall Heath (Blaze Park) to make that part of the route 15 min Frequency during the daytime, along with additional fillers between Wolverhampton to Spring Hill to make that part of the route 15 min frequency.

The N15A will operate on Sundays as now, but via Merry Hill (Wolverhampton) instead of Penn Road.

The N16 will operate as current N15, via Penn Road, to Swindon, Hinksford and Wall Heath, then as current N16 to Stourbridge – as per Dudley West Review. Annoying in that this will extend journey times for this important corridor. Then there is the question of frequency. The review stated the new Stourbridge service would have a 20 min frequency, hope this is met, as N16 will be the only service along entire length of Penn Road. A corridor that once saw 6 buses per hour to Penn Terminus.

This then leaves the conundrum of Poolhouse estate - a large estate with no bus service through it. The review showed interest by extending every other N4 to terminate at Poolhouse Road via Millfields Way. So will there be further changes for both N15 and N16 navigating the Blackeley Estates?
"Forward in Unity"

Westy

More opportunity for the 11 / 11a to go missing on route.

Thank God  I dont work over Wednesbury now!

DJ

Quote from: Westy on December 14, 2019, 12:39:19 PM
More opportunity for the 11 / 11a to go missing on route.

Thank God  I dont work over Wednesbury now!

The 81 doesn't really have issues over that section as most of it is along back roads, still, I don't think it'll be an improvement, but I'll give it a chance.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Roy

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 13, 2019, 10:27:30 PM
My suggestion have them off the X8 and curiously when I posted the changes were going ahead @Roy said I was mistaken it seems I was not funny that.

You really do like to distort the facts, don't you?  If you look back to reply #94, you stated the following:-

"I am not in the closet and at a meeting I attended with NXWM management on the 22nd October NXWM route planners were in the final stages of planning and were due to submit them to TfWM for their final comments I am not allowed to say yet specifically that is market sensitive information to be announced in due course by NXWM but other than the odd tweek most of the proposals are going forward" 

My reply #97 was:-

"It's strange but I was also in a meeting that included a NXWM manager on 22 October and, while I remember the cringeworthy ridiculing of the people who had the audacity to object to their bus service being removed, all the NXWM manager said was that, due to the number of responses, the changes to the network were still under investigation and any changes would not happen until January 2020 at the earliest.  There was NO indication at all at the meeting on how much of the original proposal would be retained."

Looking at the registrations, I think that anybody on this forum with an IQ greater than 3 will admit that the finalised version is just a smidgeon more than the odd tweak.

BK63 YWP

Looking at the registrations some things stick out to me

Under the 17 registrations we have 2 new routes there

17E
57 - thinking of what @wulfrun has thought of maybe the Wall Heath to Merry Hill shortens (potentially the 15/57/17 to be operated by Pensnett) with the 8 going to WN (thought where would the extra platinums come from?)

The 11/A extended to Merry Hill via the 81 route from Dudley renumbered to the 11M?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk