News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Dudley Consultation

Started by Dom, July 22, 2019, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on December 18, 2019, 03:51:51 PM
What happens to the 17

I'm not quite sure with this change so we'll have to  wait for official confirmation from the operators website before sumising on any other changes on this consultation. I know everyone wants to know before the official business is done.  Not trying to say we can't have opinions on this but there is no official information on any other changes other than the things on the Gov website. Which the gov website isn't always correct.

Stuharris 6360

To be honest, think it was a bit naughty of Staffordshire CC to publish this, before National Express revealed all the changes!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Sh4318

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on December 18, 2019, 03:51:51 PM
What happens to the 17

Surely a frequency increase to every 20 minutes?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Roy

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 18, 2019, 10:58:45 PM
Surely a frequency increase to every 20 minutes?
But as far as Stourbridge?  The original plan was for a 20 minute service to Stourbridge which the 16 will provide.  One possibility could be a rush hour service through to Stourbridge to cater for commuters and college students, with off-peak services running as 17E.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 18, 2019, 10:40:04 PM
To be honest, think it was a bit naughty of Staffordshire CC to publish this, before National Express revealed all the changes!

To be fair though if the CC have had conformation from the TC that the 15 and 16are definitely changing what's to stop them from publishing their changes?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 19, 2019, 09:05:43 AM
To be fair though if the CC have had conformation from the TC that the 15 and 16are definitely changing what's to stop them from publishing their changes?
The moment the registeration is with the traffic commisioner and placed with H M GOV it is in the public domain its an indication to me of what is so wrong with NXWM which is so out of touch with its passengers that it does not announce the changes officaly at the same time avoiding speculation the mandate is now there after the election as The Buses Act was in the Conservative manifesto this operator needs QEP's  from TfWM on its whole operations led by the Mayor & the sooner the better.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 19, 2019, 10:14:06 AM
The moment the registeration is with the traffic commisioner and placed with H M GOV it is in the public domain its an indication to me of what is so wrong with NXWM which is so out of touch with its passengers that it does not announce the changes officaly at the same time avoiding speculation to me that is why now the mandate is there after the election this operator needs QEP's  from TfWM on its while operations led by the Mayor.

You are probably right but I do some work for another website and the person who runs that website doesn't like to put the changes up until the official announcement. So either if the CC (Thus being Staffs) or NX announce it then it's official and in the public domain. As I've said in a previous post the Gov website may be correct sometimes but it doesn't mean the reg won't be changed at the last minute/4 weeks before the change happens.

Cheese

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 19, 2019, 10:24:30 AM
You are probably right but I do some work for another website and the person who runs that website doesn't like to put the changes up until the official announcement. So either if the CC (Thus being Staffs) or NX announce it then it's official and in the public domain. As I've said in a previous post the Gov website may be correct sometimes but it doesn't mean the reg won't be changed at the last minute/4 weeks before the change happens.

Why wouldn't Staffs publish the changes, it's a public document. Just because NX haven't done anything on their website doesn't mean a local authority can't publish details for residents.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Cheese on December 19, 2019, 05:00:21 PM
Why wouldn't Staffs publish the changes, it's a public document. Just because NX haven't done anything on their website doesn't mean a local authority can't publish details for residents.

I said nothing of the short of what you posted. I was referring to the Gov website. The Gov website is sometimes correct but not always. So when the operator or CC (thus being Staffs) publish the changes then it becomes official.

Stu

The Vehicle Operator Licensing Service website is provided by the DVSA (Driver And Vehicle Standards Agency), formerly VOSA.

Its purpose is simply to list any new service registrations, as well as 'variations' to existing registered services, recorded with the Office of the Traffic Commissioner.

What it doesn't tell anyone is exactly what route or timetable changes are taking place. That will be up to the individual operator or local authority to publicise.

In many cases, a 'variation' might just mean a minor tweak or alteration to the timetable.

People should try not to read too much into registered service changes that appear on the DVSA website, have a little patience and wait for any official announcement.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on December 19, 2019, 05:48:02 PM
The Vehicle Operator Licensing Service website is provided by the DVSA (Driver And Vehicle Standards Agency), formerly VOSA.

Its purpose is simply to list any new service registrations, as well as 'variations' to existing registered services, recorded with the Office of the Traffic Commissioner.

What it doesn't tell anyone is exactly what route or timetable changes are taking place. That will be up to the individual operator or local authority to publicise.

In many cases, a 'variation' might just mean a minor tweak or alteration to the timetable.

People should try not to read too much into registered service changes that appear on the DVSA website, have a little patience and wait for any official announcement.

The BUSES Act now allows all stakeholders to be informed more dilligently if EPS & QEPS are adopted following the election of the new government which lays down the future pathway on this matter as referenced too in todays Queens Speech

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on December 19, 2019, 05:48:02 PM

You are absolutely correct and that's what I was trying to say. Although is the DVSA the same website as the Gov website (Bus reg pages)?

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 19, 2019, 05:59:53 PM
You are absolutely correct and that's what I was trying to say. Although is the DVSA the same website as the Gov website (Bus reg pages)?

Yes, the GOV.UK domain name is for the UK Government, and all Government departments, agencies and services have their own subdomain.

If you look at the bottom of any page on the Vehicle Operator Licensing website, it does state that it is "Built by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richardjones210368

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 18, 2019, 05:07:56 PM
I'm not quite sure with this change so we'll have to  wait for official confirmation from the operators website before sumising on any other changes on this consultation. I know everyone wants to know before the official business is done.  Not trying to say we can't have opinions on this but there is no official information on any other changes other than the things on the Gov website. Which the gov website isn't always correct.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/west-dudley-and-south-wolverhampton-service-changes-from-26th-january-2020

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk