News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Dudley Consultation

Started by Dom, July 22, 2019, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

It's interesting that the 5 is shown as being cut back to operate Dudley to Kingswinford (Manor Park).  I guess that the Stourbridge to Kingswinford section (the old 267) will be part of the 17/17A/17E/57 registration.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/541725/

richardjones210368

Quote from: Roy on December 14, 2019, 02:17:23 PM
You really do like to distort the facts, don't you?  If you look back to reply #94, you stated the following:-

"I am not in the closet and at a meeting I attended with NXWM management on the 22nd October NXWM route planners were in the final stages of planning and were due to submit them to TfWM for their final comments I am not allowed to say yet specifically that is market sensitive information to be announced in due course by NXWM but other than the odd tweak most of the proposals are going forward 

My reply #97 was:-

It's strange but I was also in a meeting that included a NXWM manager on 22 October and, while I remember the cringeworthy ridiculing of the people who had the audacity to object to their bus service being removed, all the NXWM manager said was that, due to the number of responses, the changes to the network were still under investigation and any changes would not happen until January 2020 at the earliest.  There was NO indication at all at the meeting on how much of the original proposal would be retained."

Looking at the registrations, I think that anybody on this forum with an IQ greater than 3 will admit that the finalized version is just a smidgeon more than the odd tweak.
@Roy I dont follow the original proposals  as far as I can see for the West Dudley Review are GOING AHEAD it hasn't been withdrawn albeit tweaked as I said so where is anything in my post that is incorrect & how have I distorted any facts when my perception of the meeting has in the end been proved correct unless I have missed something -Definition of Tweak:
"improve by making adjustments to it"
now you may think the perception that the changes proposed  are understood by someone with an IQ of greater than 3  well I understand them the original proposals have been tweaked I stand by the definition of my original post unless you can prove otherwise and lets face it petty points scoring is a waste of time I personally would never dream of making any criticism of  you in any manner I fully respect you and the comments you make at our meetings and fully value the contributions you make no matter how stupid they appear at times all I want is to work towards a better bus service for all. On the West Dudley review it is for others to decide if the planned proposals are suitable I do not use the network enough save the 8 & X8 interworking planned so I will leave it to others more suitably qualified to comment and decide.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Roy on December 14, 2019, 09:13:41 PM
It's interesting that the 5 is shown as being cut back to operate Dudley to Kingswinford (Manor Park).  I guess that the Stourbridge to Kingswinford section (the old 267) will be part of the 17/17A/17E/57 registration.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/541725/

I quite enjoyed having the extend 5 but afternoon peaks have been affected if dudleys or Stourbridge has bad congestion
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

DJ

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on December 14, 2019, 09:09:32 PM
The 11/A extended to Merry Hill via the 81 route from Dudley renumbered to the 11M?

It wouldn't work, as it's one 11 and one 11A an hour extended. You'd need an 11M and an 11AM or something for that.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bus Man K2

Bus Man K2

Stourbridge service 7 is revised.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/541726/

Don't know if this is anything to do with the West Dudley though.

Stuharris 6360

I think the revised 8 service to be honest will be a disaster, I can see buses at peak times terminating at Stourbridge and Wollaston Farm having big gaps in service!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 15, 2019, 04:34:18 PM
I think the revised 8 service to be honest will be a disaster, I can see buses at peak times terminating at Stourbridge and Wollaston Farm having big gaps in service!

The only way the 8 to Wolverhampton could work is if wollaston farm was split off to run as a self contained circular interworked with with xx05 28s for driver changeover at MH

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 15, 2019, 04:43:52 PM
The only way the 8 to Wolverhampton could work is if wollaston farm was split off to run as a self contained circular interworked with with xx05 28s for driver changeover at MH

The 20 service maybe like the good old 293 and 21 service like the 294/5 was giving the 7 just operating between Stourbridge and Dudley?

X10 Gornal Wood

the trainbasher

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on December 15, 2019, 05:19:16 PM
The 20 service maybe like the good old 293 and 21 service like the 294/5 was giving the 7 just operating between Stourbridge and Dudley?
or give the Norton one the number 20A/C and Wollaston Farm number 30A/C (you see what I did there?)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

TT90

I thought maybe the Wollaston Farm part of the 8 could be added onto the PN7 seen as it terminates at Wollaston Junction, and have the 8 terminate at Stourbridge ?

As others have said, I think the 8 will have reliability issues WN side and will also make the MH / Stour side struggle too. Just hope they've built decent running time and layover to account for this ?. You'll have X8 and 8 running late on the same WN rota.

richardjones210368

Quote from: TT90 on December 15, 2019, 08:12:06 PM
I thought maybe the Wollaston Farm part of the 8 could be added onto the PN7 seen as it terminates at Wollaston Junction, and have the 8 terminate at Stourbridge ?

As others have said, I think the 8 will have reliability issues WN side and will also make the MH / Stour side struggle too. Just hope they've built decent running time and layover to account for this ?. You'll have X8 and 8 running late on the same WN rota.
I might be on holiday but what did you say about the X8 from 26th January............

Bus Man K2

The following service changes have now been announced on the Staffordshire CC website. Which means they are defiantly going ahead.

4 shortened to run I 54-Wolverhampton only.

Service 15 will operate Merry Hill-Wolverhampton as it does now but instead of operating via Hinksford and Swindon it will be revised to do the 16 route via Himley.

Service 16 will operate Stourbridge-Wolverhampton as it does now but instead of it doing Himley it will be revised to do the 15 route via Hinksford and Swindon.

So both the 15 & 16 will do a swap round.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 18, 2019, 01:01:27 PM
The following service changes have now been announced on the Staffordshire CC website. Which means they are defiantly going ahead.

4 shortened to run I 54-Wolverhampton only.

Service 15 will operate Merry Hill-Wolverhampton as it does now but instead of operating via Hinksford and Swindon it will be revised to do the 16 route via Himley.

Service 16 will operate Stourbridge-Wolverhampton as it does now but instead of it doing Himley it will be revised to do the 15 route via Hinksford and Swindon.

So both the 15 & 16 will do a swap round.

The 15 will also replace the 4 between Wolverhampton and Spring Hill/Penn Road island. It's going to be every 20 minutes (the Wall Heath shorts are ditched) So Himley village, who were at risk of losing their service completely will actuall have a more frequent bus. I assume the 15A will still operate via the A449 on Sundays? The downside is that Penn Road lose a bus an hour, as does Merry Hill to Wall Heath, although overall the amount of buses between Wombourne and Wolverhampton will increase from 4bph to 6.

BK63 YWP

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk