News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM 2016 Orders

Started by GeminiFan1991, December 06, 2015, 05:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Reading had gas powered omnicitys which were quickly converted to diesel

winston

Quote from: BU07 LGO on March 07, 2016, 08:46:01 PM

Reading Buses have amassed a sizeable fleet of Scania / ADL E300 GS bio-gas buses, the initial order for 20 was followed with a further order for another 14:
http://www.buszone.co.uk/Enviro300SG.html

Cheese

Quote from: Winston on March 07, 2016, 08:55:07 PM
Reading Buses have amassed a sizeable fleet of Scania / ADL E300 GS bio-gas buses, the initial order for 20 was followed with a further order for another 14:
http://www.buszone.co.uk/Enviro300SG.html

Not to mention Stagecoach Busways running 40 Scania/ADL E300 but using liquified natural gas instead.  Have got a pictures of these in Sunderland and they are quite impressive machines.

Dom

I'm surprised there has been no announcements about the next batch of new buses.

Quote from: WN on March 07, 2016, 09:28:59 PM
I'm surprised there has been no announcements about the next batch of new buses.
Well there is still just under 10 months left of 2016. Its also possible that they might not start to be delivered until the second half of 2016.
@WN
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

barry619

Quote from: BU07 LGO on March 07, 2016, 08:46:01 PM
Not quite... they were ethanol-fuelled and the issue with them was that the ethanol had to be shipped from Sweden, which hardly did their environmental credentials any good.

The announcement of winners of the OLEV funding for low carbon buses has been delayed and the latest estimation is the end of this month. I have heard two plausible reasons why: one was that someone new at the DfT is meddling with the process, and the other is that similar meddling has come from the EU. That said, it is accepted that orders will be placed for Scania's gas 'decker regardless of whether the government gets its hand in its pocket to help - but operators will not commit until they know how much (if any) money is coming from the DfT.

Re the comment about TWM not having a good experience with gas buses in the late 90s, it is worth noting that the current Nottingham City Transport Engineering Director was with TWM during that period.

Eric Shaw

The recent statements by the company about the 2016 orders mentions that by the end of 2016 all euro 2 buses will have left the fleet. I wonder does this include the ones in Dundee?

winston

Quote from: Eric Shaw on March 10, 2016, 08:46:51 PM
The recent statements by the company about the 2016 orders mentions that by the end of 2016 all euro 2 buses will have left the fleet. I wonder does this include the ones in Dundee?

100 new buses would be enough to remove all Presidents at NXWM & Dundee, it would depend on if there are any service improvements planned which could increase the overall Pvr / reduce the number of withdrawals.

Westy

I assume the Presidents are being withdrawn due to age & not another government / local authority directive over emissions or the type of wheelchair ramp used?

winston

Quote from: Westy on March 10, 2016, 10:56:23 PM
I assume the Presidents are being withdrawn due to age & not another government / local authority directive over emissions or the type of wheelchair ramp used?

I would expect it's mainly down to their age, plus there are fewer routes they can be used in due to B'ham City Centre SQPS emission rules. The Presidents were upgraded to being DDA compliant when refurbished by ADL @ Harlow in 2007/8

BK63 YWP

So the new deliveries will be 60 platinums and 40 mmcs. I would not be surprised if the bristol road gets the standard mmcs and maybe 60 too making the 14 plates e400s and any spare 13 plates moved on to the 24/29?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Sayeed

Quote from: Chris on March 10, 2016, 11:32:13 PM
So the new deliveries will be 60 platinums and 40 mmcs. I would not be surprised if the bristol road gets the standard mmcs and maybe 60 too making the 14 plates e400s and any spare 13 plates moved on to the 24/29?

Errrm, 14 plates are meant to be for the 24. 61 plates is good enough for the 60
Век живи - век учись

Tony

Quote from: Chris on March 10, 2016, 11:32:13 PM
So the new deliveries will be 60 platinums and 40 mmcs.

I'm sorry but where have you got this information from, because it is complete crap before anyone else takes it as gospel

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on March 11, 2016, 08:00:11 AM
I'm sorry but where have you got this information from, because it is complete crap before anyone else takes it as gospel

It was my own opinion. I just thought with new regs coming in place for double deckers i presume it would e400 mmcs for the other 40 new buses as 60 have been said for the platinum spec
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: Chris on March 11, 2016, 10:06:28 AM
It was my own opinion. I just thought with new regs coming in place for double deckers i presume it would e400 mmcs for the other 40 new buses as 60 have been said for the platinum spec

Nowhere is 60 Platinum quoted

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk