News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM 2016 Orders

Started by GeminiFan1991, December 06, 2015, 05:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Winston on February 19, 2016, 08:35:37 PM
It used to have a limited stop section when first re-numbered X96, but hasn't had for some time

See what the dudley review brings would be nice to see E200MMC platinum spec buses for X96
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

winston

Quote from: Chris on February 19, 2016, 08:38:32 PM
See what the dudley review brings would be nice to see E200MMC platinum spec buses for X96

It doesn't need any new buses, the current ones are only 12 plates. Plus NXWM doesn't need any more single deckers, only double deckers need replacing primarily on central B'ham routes

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Winston on February 19, 2016, 08:42:41 PM
It doesn't need any new buses, the current ones are only 12 plates. Plus NXWM doesn't need any more single deckers, only double deckers need replacing primarily on central B'ham routes

Maybe do a platinum little brother like arriva max?

X10 Gornal Wood

winston

Quote from: Chris on February 19, 2016, 08:55:36 PM
Maybe do a platinum little brother like arriva max?

Platinum is effectively the same as Max, as Platinum doesn't come with the power sockets, I doubt we can expect that much from the Dudley review, probably a bit of tweaking here & there again.

Dom

Quote from: Winston on February 19, 2016, 08:35:37 PM
It used to have a limited stop section when first re-numbered X96, but hasn't had for some time

And it was pointless as half the drivers didnt stick to it.

BU07 LGO

All Platinum is, is high backed seats and wifi!

Nothing new for 997 passengers that had better spec enviro's with fully leather seats!

ARBB

Quote from: Chris on February 19, 2016, 08:38:32 PM

GET LOST!!!

If that happens i'm gone, they may not be popular with enthusiasts but I love the B7's and there's no need to replace them.

Trident 4609

Quote from: pndriver on February 19, 2016, 10:32:44 PM
GET LOST!!!

If that happens i'm gone, they may bot be popular with enthusiasts but I love the B7's and there's no need to replace them.

I would agree. The X96 is fine with its B7RLE's in my opinion. As stated previously, NXWM need the focus on replacing/removing older Euro 3 vehicles off B'ham City Centre services. Wouldn't be surprised if every new bus this year were double deckers.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: pndriver on February 19, 2016, 10:32:44 PM
GET LOST!!!

If that happens i'm gone, they may not be popular with enthusiasts but I love the B7's and there's no need to replace them.

I happy with the b7rles just suggusting the routes that may get the 60 platinums but it will probably be the 126/529

X10 Gornal Wood

Dom

Quote from: Chris on February 19, 2016, 10:51:36 PM

I happy with the b7rles just suggusting the routes that may get the 60 platinums but it will probably be the 126/529

60 Platinums for the X96? Wtf you on?

Mike K

Quote from: WN on February 19, 2016, 11:06:34 PM
60 Platinums for the X96? Wtf you on?

Nowhere did he say that 60 buses were due for the X96.

Westy

Why single deck Platinum spec anyway?

Nx & it's predesscors didn't exactly warm to the old style limited stop Nationals back in the day.

You never saw them much in service anyway, certainly not in Walsall as far as I remember, unless it was a specific service with a low bridge.

Same with minibuses, they never really took off in Walsall either!

They either got upgraded to proper buses or withdrawn.

don

Quote from: Westy on February 19, 2016, 11:16:17 PM
Nx & it's predesscors didn't exactly warm to the old style limited stop Nationals back in the day.

You never saw them much in service anyway, certainly not in Walsall as far as I remember, unless it was a specific service with a low bridge.

WMPTE was rather proud of and liked its coach seated and special liveried Nationals. They were used extensively on limited stop services in Birmingham and on private hires at other times. Part of the stipulation for Government grant aid to purchase them was that they would be used for a proportion of their time on bus services. Whilst a number were allocated to Birmingham garages for the limited stop  services (upgraded from rather Spartan but quick Ford buses) it should be remembered that WMPTE inherited dual purpose single deckers from Midland Red and provided the Nationaks for private hire work.

Walsall CT had a couple of coach seated single deckers when WMPTE took over (808 and 810) which were used for private hire. Any dual purpose Nationals at Walsall would have been used on private hire - not sure what bus services they appeared on though.

Then there were the 50 Timesaver coach seated Metrobuses - used extensively on limited stop services.

However like Winston, I'm very doubtful NXWM will be buying more single deckers for the moment as the existing ones are relatively new and having increased the percentage of double deckers are very unlikely to reverse that.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

BU07 LGO

The last premium single deckers was the leather omnilinks for 934

BK63 YWP

@WN in my defence i wasn't saying 60 platinums for the X96, i was merely stating potential candidates for the black country platinums. I know the b7lres are 12 plates and i don't mind them, prefer them over the mercs (my opinion). The odds are it will be the 126 as it crosses 3 of the 4 black country council areas (Dudley, Sandwell and Wolves) and runs into brum. The 4s maybe? To release the remaining 56 plate b7rles to dundee? 529 to release some of WN tridents to BC to replace the Y reg ones. The possibilities are numerous and will have to see what nx's 2016 orders bring :)

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk