News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM 2016 Orders

Started by GeminiFan1991, December 06, 2015, 05:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Seeing as the dawn of 2016 is nearly there and with it brings another batch of vehicles to NXWM (Fairly diverse) range fleet.

Does anyone have know anything confirmed routes/ garages where these vehicles will be new and which garages will be getting cascades ?! My personal opinion is that the Plaxtons will be rid of or at the very least be left in very small numbers and I hope the Suttons go Platinum.

Any takers and opinions ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Trident 4609

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on December 06, 2015, 05:26:13 PM
Seeing as the dawn of 2016 is nearly there and with it brings another batch of vehicles to NXWM (Fairly diverse) range fleet.

Does anyone have know anything confirmed routes/ garages where these vehicles will be new and which garages will be getting cascades ?! My personal opinion is that the Plaxtons will be rid of or at the very least be left in very small numbers and I hope the Suttons go Platinum.

Any takers and opinions ?!

I do agree, more Presidents will leave next year. I can see most, if not all of the order being Double Decker.

If i was hazarding a guess, i'd say new Double Deckers for WN (Their newest standard DD's are 11 years old!). I'd have a punt on the Suttons going Platinum.

Quote from: Nathan on December 06, 2015, 05:36:37 PM
If i was hazarding a guess, i'd say new Double Deckers for WN (Their newest standard DD's are 11 years old!).
126 possibly?
The newest Deckers at AG are also 11 years old. AG may possibly get a newer vehicle type next year.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: Nathan on December 06, 2015, 05:36:37 PM
Tbh, i don't even think NX would have decided what is on order for next year, let alone where the buses will be going.

I do agree, more Presidents will leave next year. I can see most, if not all of the order being Double Decker.

If i was hazarding a guess, i'd say new Double Deckers for WN (Their newest standard DD's are 11 years old!). I'd have a punt on the Suttons going Platinum.

Seeing as there are at least 27 Geminis now branded for the Outer Circle, if all of them were on the Circle at once, only 17 Presidents maximum could be on it.

This leaves 19 Presidents for the 1 (Gemini/President/E200 allocated) & 966 (Gemini/President), which is too much.

Basically it'll lead to either a lot of branded Geminis appearing elsewhere, or Presidents leaving real soon.

I think next year will see a new vehicle type introduced at Acocks Green though, which would be interesting.

Stu

I would expect the vast majority of new vehicles being delivered next year will be double-decks, and almost certainly will be Enviro400 MMCs.

Of course, we'll all have our own opinions on which routes will 'deserve' new buses, but I'm afraid that decision will not be down to us, but the management at NX.

No doubt the management team are already planning for the new emission requirements for double-deck buses in the SQP zone in 2017(?), so new bus deliveries and movements will be dictated by those requirements.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Dylanbusboy45

As the next oldest single decks are the 17xx I don't think there will be any new single decks unless the 17xx are sent to Dundee to replace older buses there like the B10BLEs.

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

GeminiFan1991

I think with a batch coming in with an accumulative value well into the millions, I like to think NX have a rough idea where they're going. I can't imagine they'll let them come before deciding.

It's also worth noting if the time with the Gemini 3 Demonstrator produces a few deliveries and not to mention the Streetdecks ! Enviro 400MMCs are almost guaranteed and in regards to the E200MMCs, Im sure NX would want them to come fully working this time round !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liverpool Street

No more ADL products... pleasee
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

James4368

Hopefully

Volvo B8RLE's like Trent Barton has :)
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

winston

I also expect the majority of next years orders to be double deckers and more than likely more E400MMC's.

I expect BC to gain a batch of new double deckers for either the Bristol Rd as the 97 now appears to be gaining refurbished Crimson Tridents - Y-reg Tridents out (34 still at BC)

I expect WN will gain a new Crimson fleet for the 126

YW will gain a batch of either new or nearly cascades as it must have one of the oldest double decker fleets with 13 x Presidents & 47 x Tridents (02/52 plate) = 60 from a total double decker allocation of 97. I'd expect those to go on the 2 & 3.

AG may gain a batch of new double deckers or newer cascades for the 5 & 31. Outer Circle will not receive anything new for some time with new branding only just being applied now. Presidents out

PB may gain a batch of Platinum's for Sutton Lines to compete against Arriva's 110 Sapphire route, 63 plate E400's cascaded on to 65/67 or 94 to release B7TL/ALX400's from PB

I'd expect Dundee to gain a small batch of new double deckers (max 10)

NXC may also gain a batch of new double deckers

The above will all be dependant on the outcome of the Greener Bus bids for Electric / Hydrogen Fuel Cell & retro-fitting 200 existing buses with Euro 6 traps.

bensweeney14

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 06, 2015, 06:15:28 PM
No more ADL products... pleasee

Volvo and Scania are the way forward! :D
Regards, Ben.
My Transport Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92414404@N08/

Liverpool Street

Quote from: bensweeney14 on December 06, 2015, 06:29:56 PM
Volvo and Scania are the way forward! :D

Yes! Some variation!! That's what we need now. :D
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

domino.99

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 06, 2015, 06:34:19 PM
Yes! Some variation!! That's what we need now. :D

Just not single deck Volvo's because they are shite! IMO

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on December 06, 2015, 06:36:01 PM
Just not single deck Volvo's because they are shite! IMO

You prefer e200 to b7rle? Are you ok?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk