News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM 2016 Orders

Started by GeminiFan1991, December 06, 2015, 05:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Was thinking E200MMC for WA for the 4/M/H and then some omnilinks to WN for 11,25,82. Before Dundeeing the remaing B7's and shipping them off to Dundee?

Sh4318

Quote from: uniquicity on December 06, 2015, 09:48:58 PM
Scanias aren't shit. The ex AG batch at WB are in great nick and will only get better being in Crimson.

Next.

I was gonna say. Send them WB for the 42/43, 45 & 49.

The 80, 83/89, 127/8 still use Euro 3 engines, although I have a feeling this won't be addressed until 2017
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

MW

Quote from: Tony on December 06, 2015, 06:49:24 PM
And most AG drivers actually give E200MMCs a glowing report

Not in my experience they don't. Turning circle is terrible, drivers seat doesn't go low enough, the actual leather or fake leather gets uncomfortable after around 3 hours, and the steering feels heavy to turn, unlike Scania/volvo where you can literally turn the wheel with one finger. Most tend to say that.

Pros are you can get some decent speed out of them on the 71, doors are faster than Scanias, heaters are good, visibility all around and mirrors are good.

Liberator9

Quote from: Winston on December 06, 2015, 06:54:15 PM
Good luck with getting Scania's, as unless the need to be gas powered you've got two hopes, Bob hope & no hope  ;)

The Scanias on the 6 are being put into Crimson I believe (I read that at some point on here I believe) so very unlikely they'll be replaced by E200MMCs - they're still excellent so no need for replacement. Much more pressing need for the Presidents to be retired at YW.

Haha - very true @Winston - only other option apart from the gas and diesel E300 is the Irizar I3 body - which I must admit though does look good!

http://www.scania.co.uk/products/buses-coaches/bus-range/irizar-i3/

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 06, 2015, 10:34:42 PM
The Scanias on the 6 are being put into Crimson I believe (I read that at some point on here I believe) so very unlikely they'll be replaced by E200MMCs - they're still excellent so no need for replacement. Much more pressing need for the Presidents to be retired at YW.

Haha - very true @Winston - only other option apart from the gas and diesel E300 is the Irizar I3 body - which I must admit though does look good!

Looks very.... continental
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 06, 2015, 10:34:42 PM

The E300 body must be on borrowed time as the E200MMC comes on stream, as that model effectively replaces the diesel E300 option. There's only really Stagecoach that order Scania/E300

@Liberator9 I'm aware of the Irizar bus option, I don't really think it's a contender for any fleet orders. Menzies @ Heathrow have taken a smaller batch, other than that not sure of many others in the UK.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Nathan on December 06, 2015, 05:36:37 PM
Tbh, i don't even think NX would have decided what is on order for next year

What's the lead time for a new bus anyway, a fortnight!
Don't you start.

JoNi

I read somewhere recently in 1980 it took seven weeks from placing the order to deliver Leyland Nationals!

winston

Quote from: JoNi on December 07, 2015, 11:45:21 AM
I read somewhere recently in 1980 it took seven weeks from placing the order to deliver Leyland Nationals!

I would guess, it may take approx 6 wks for bodying a bus, the chassis has to be made first on top of that. As there's is no shortage of orders currently, I'd be surprised if they could start production as soon as an order was placed, I would expect a 3-6 month lead time for new orders. NX have already provisionally agreed their annual bus requirements with ADL via their multi year deal, and therefore will already have a production slot allocated / booked.

The only way you would get a new bus within 2 weeks is either via rental or buying dealer stock, even that may be tight....

Stevo

Quote from: JoNi on December 07, 2015, 11:45:21 AM
I remember back in 1974 British Leyland said in effect 'you can have Nationals in 5 weeks but the Fleetlines that you really want will take 5  years'. And they did. The thing was Nationals were mass produced and all the same, more or less. We don't want to go back there!

JoNi

I drew a side view of a Leyland National to which I was told "you've left all the poxy rivets off".

Liverpool Street

Quote from: JoNi on December 07, 2015, 09:09:26 PM
I drew a side view of a Leyland National to which I was told "you've left all the poxy rivets off".

Hahahaha very apt!!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

The Real 4778

Quote from: Winston on December 07, 2015, 12:00:56 PM
I would guess, it may take approx 6 wks for bodying a bus, the chassis has to be made first on top of that. As there's is no shortage of orders currently, I'd be surprised if they could start production as soon as an order was placed, I would expect a 3-6 month lead time for new orders. NX have already provisionally agreed their annual bus requirements with ADL via their multi year deal, and therefore will already have a production slot allocated / booked.

The only way you would get a new bus within 2 weeks is either via rental or buying dealer stock, even that may be tight....

Exactly.  What I was really highlighting was the naive view that some seem to hold, i.e. that National Express hasn't considered what it's doing in 2016, less than a month before 2016 starts.
Don't you start.

winston

Quote from: The Real 4778 on December 08, 2015, 11:28:44 AM
Exactly.  What I was really highlighting was the naive view that some seem to hold, i.e. that National Express hasn't considered what it's doing in 2016, less than a month before 2016 starts.

I'd have thought that orders will have been provisionally placed & production slots reserved, allocations will still more than likely change right up to the last minute

GeminiFan1991

My personal reckoning is the Suttons going Platinum which will displace the E400s on their onto 65/67 whose Gemini's will make their way to AG alongside (Probably) the 94
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk