News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM 2016 Orders

Started by GeminiFan1991, December 06, 2015, 05:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Chris on February 20, 2016, 12:20:58 PM
@WN in my defence i wasn't saying 60 platinums for the X96, i was merely stating potential candidates for the black country platinums. I know the b7lres are 12 plates and i don't mind them, prefer them over the mercs (my opinion). The odds are it will be the 126 as it crosses 3 of the 4 black country council areas (Dudley, Sandwell and Wolves) and runs into brum. The 4s maybe? To release the remaining 56 plate b7rles to dundee? 529 to release some of WN tridents to BC to replace the Y reg ones. The possibilities are numerous and will have to see what nx's 2016 orders bring :)
Dundee don't need any more Volvo B7RLE from the West Midlands the only single decker Dundee will need to replace in the next couple of years is 7067 which could be replaced with a Double Decker. They might get some deckers from the West Midlands next year to replace some Presidents and 7067. Its likely that all the new buses in 2016 could all be Deckers.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

JoNi

If all platinum is high backed seats and Wi-Fi then it isn't a significant passenger upgrade or brand it's just a way of giving a route a kick up the backside to increase its income.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: JoNi on February 20, 2016, 05:33:23 PM
If all platinum is high backed seats and Wi-Fi then it isn't a significant passenger upgrade or brand it's just a way of giving a route a kick up the backside to increase its income.

In my opinion, a kick up the backside would be getting new buses, new buses with more passenger related capabilities I would classify as an upgrade.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Trident 4194

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on February 20, 2016, 06:52:27 PM
In my opinion, a kick up the backside would be getting new buses, new buses with more passenger related capabilities I would classify as an upgrade.

There not even fully leather!!

Bob

Quote from: Westy on February 19, 2016, 11:16:17 PM
Why single deck Platinum spec anyway?

Nx & it's predesscors didn't exactly warm to the old style limited stop Nationals back in the day.

You never saw them much in service anyway, certainly not in Walsall as far as I remember, unless it was a specific service with a low bridge.

Same with minibuses, they never really took off in Walsall either!

They either got upgraded to proper buses or withdrawn.

I remember a DP National appearing on the 301 to Walsall from Cannock as a kid with my nan. The seats were like something out of the 1940s instead of the 70s lol mega comfy tho.  A number reappeared in the 90s at Walsall with volvo engines wish I'd of managed to get one!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 20, 2016, 06:57:01 PM
There not even fully leather!!

Better than the other seats !

I would surmise fully lethered seats would cost a lot more per bus then you take into how many buses we have/ are due then the cost will quickly escalate.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

andyr

Not at all sure what the fascination is with full leather seats. Even in high spec full air conditioned coaches there hot in the summer and cold In the winter. We have now gone to half leather halt cloth seats. Much smarter and more practical. 

BU07 LGO

I just felt quite underwhelmed with platinum when compared to other companies premium brands such as stagecoach gold or Harrogate's 36

Trident 4194

Quote from: BU07 LGO on February 20, 2016, 09:57:46 PM
I just felt quite underwhelmed with platinum when compared to other companies premium brands such as stagecoach gold or Harrogate's 36

And Arriva sapphire

don

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 21, 2016, 08:31:27 AM
And Arriva sapphire

Strangely, I had exactly the same slightly underwhelmed feeling when I went on an Arriva Sapphire for the first time the other day. I thought the interior colour scheme contributed to this, especially the seats.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

A press release issued today confirms the number of new vehicles being ordered this year, but not the make up of vehicle types/sizes
http://us10.campaign-archive1.com/?u=8cc1ac8e79c7a13999975a372&id=cf82c616a1

Dom

Quote from: Tony on February 24, 2016, 02:50:08 PM
A press release issued today confirms the number of new vehicles being ordered this year, but not the make up of vehicle types/sizes

100?! Hmm surprised considering the emissions at the end of the year

Trident 4609

Quote from: Tony on February 24, 2016, 02:50:08 PM

Same article is also on the NX Website as expected.

@WN Don't forget the existing fleet that are having exhaust traps fitted which iirc, take a bus up to Euro 6 spec?

Dom

Quote from: Nathan

@WN Don't forget the existing fleet that are having exhaust traps fitted which iirc, take a bus up to Euro 6 spec?

I know but I just didn't think rhat would be enough.

BK63 YWP

Wonder when the first deliveries will be this time last year the first 22 were revealed for the 9
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk