News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 30th August

Started by winston, July 03, 2015, 04:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Quote from: John on August 07, 2015, 09:18:04 PM
With the first morning journey starting in Sutton at 4.36am (rather than 5am from Falcon Lodge at present)

The word in garage is that it won't be long before it becomes a 24hr service. (Now only been 3 hours between the last bus and the first the next morning)

Just like the 9 last journey gets into stourbridge at 2am starts at half 4 back to Birmingham. Tbh i wouldn't be surprised if the 9, 37s and suttons get 24hrs before the years out
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4609

Quote from: Chris on August 07, 2015, 09:57:34 PM
Just like the 9 last journey gets into stourbridge at 2am starts at half 4 back to Birmingham. Tbh i wouldn't be surprised if the 9, 37s and suttons get 24hrs before the years out

Starts at 04:03 at Halesowen towards Brum

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Solo1 on August 07, 2015, 09:53:39 PM
Why are they moving the 37   45/7 & 61/3  services about 

I assume that the 45/7 block the High St with driver changes etc, so they may be swapping them to to eliminate this. I may be wrong!

The 900 is also similar arrives in Birmingham at 01:24.The first one to depart the City Centre is a 900A at 2:55 I think this could also go 24 hours a much quicker way of getting to the Airport than the 97A.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tbh i wouldn't be surprised if the 9, 37s and suttons get 24hrs before the years out
I think the 900, 94 and 51 could also end up going 24hrs over the next few years.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 07, 2015, 01:57:02 PM
NXWM:

1 terminating at Gospel Lane, no longer going to Haslucks Green Road.
NEW 6A Birmingham to Solihull via Monkpath, possibly replacing 5A
NEW 15A/C Sutton and Erdington circle replacing 66A and 115
37 City centre stop moved to B16 (High Street, present 45/7 stop)
45/47 City centre stop moved to MS5 (Carrs Lane, present 37 stop)
NEW 50A B'ham to Wythall - peaks Mon to Fri.
NEW 52 City to Perry Beeches via Hassop Road (replacing 952)
NEW 52A City to Booths Farm Road via Turnbury Road (replacing 952)
61/63 City centre stop moved to MS5 (Carrs Lane, present 37 stop)
66 every 15 mins to Nechells and every 30 mins to Kingstanding
902/905/914 increased to every 20 mins (905 every 30 mins Sundays)
904 extended to Minworth - every 20 minutes
X51 increased to every 10 mins

ARRIVA:

1 Walsall to Cannock - reduced to every 30 minutes
33 renumbered 3 - reduced to every 30 minutes

I presume the 6A will be going to YW then? The 5A is an alright route aswell!

Those changes look pretty good, the 1 being curtailed to Gospel Oak has been spoken about in Garage for a while. The section after carries virtually nobody anyway, although I wonder where the drop back will be as it's awkward parking at the Gospel/CoOp bus stop unless your just picking up and going.

The 37 change sounds good too. It is quite annoying pulling out of the current 37 stop to join that long queue of buses at peak times (although that was probably due to the lights at Albert Street which have gone now.

Surely it spells chaos for Carrs Lane though if it's where the drivers change? Albert Street is already annoying with the BC tridents dumped around causing congestion. It'll be annoying for the 2/3 and possibly the 5/6/31 services pulling in then! Also I think the stop move to High Street might get rid of the passengers who use the service from City to Sparkbrook which is also good! (I don't like stopping on Stratford Road when on the 37)

Kevin

So they've cut the 115 link from Lichfield Rd to Erdington AND reduced the 66 to every half hour in the daytime

Disgusting
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on August 08, 2015, 09:11:30 AM
So they've cut the 115 link from Lichfield Rd to Erdington AND reduced the 66 to every half hour in the daytime

Disgusting

Oh silly me, I forgot, bus companies are supposed to run buses every few minutes even when only a couple of people use them

monkeyjoe

So does it mean that the Sutton falcon lodge walmey corridor will be a 10 min frequency from 15, but a reduction on the falcon lodge corridor with 2 less buses an hour.

B10L1473

904 very interesting timetable on NWM website journeys extended to Asda Minworth

first bus from Asda 0445 running every 20 mins daytime an hourley evenings last bus 22:52

Helpful bus for shoppers and workers and more buses through Walmley

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on August 08, 2015, 09:29:38 AM
Oh silly me, I forgot, bus companies are supposed to run buses every few minutes even when only a couple of people use them

Oh come off it, has anyone actually looked at how many people use these services? Or have they just picked one bus and based an entire days figures on that

How many people use the 7 along Summer Lane to Witton? How many people will use the 904 all the way round through Sutton to Walmley?

Do people only catch buses into the city centre then? I know, make all buses "set down only" inbound and "pick up only" outbound because no one wants to go anywhere else
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on August 08, 2015, 02:32:47 PM
Oh come off it, has anyone actually looked at how many people use these services? Or have they just picked one bus and based an entire days figures on that

How many people use the 7 along Summer Lane to Witton? How many people will use the 904 all the way round through Sutton to Walmley?

Do people only catch buses into the city centre then? I know, make all buses "set down only" inbound and "pick up only" outbound because no one wants to go anywhere else

Of course the figures have been looked at, when they look at route changes they look at every bus for several months to get averages of how many people use each bus at each time.

Timetabling isn't one bloke sat there thinking, this is a good idea, writing a timetable and running the buses

monkeyjoe

I don't think the 904 extension is designed for people to use Minworth city. I think it is more to provide new links from Falcon lodge and maintain the Walmley via Falcon Lodge corridor, that is what I am perceiving by these changes.

People who live in Walmley,or Minworth who currently only have the choice of catching the 71 who at 9PM only have the choice of getting Diamond though they have NX bus passes will find this new link youesful and those who live in Flacon Lodge now have a new link.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: MW on August 08, 2015, 01:06:43 AM
Those changes look pretty good, the 1 being curtailed to Gospel Oak has been spoken about in Garage for a while. The section after carries virtually nobody anyway, although I wonder where the drop back will be as it's awkward parking at the Gospel/CoOp bus stop unless your just picking up and going.

Personally I think the 1 should have been extended further into Shirley town centre. Maybe no-one uses it from Gospel Oak because it doesn't actually go anywhere? It was meant to replace the 3/31A and combine with the 31 to offer a 'turn-up-and-go' service between Gospel Oak and Shirley. Dumping passengers outside Hall Green Tesco (okay the stop is technically just over the boundary inside Shirley environs) and then expecting them either to walk a further ten minutes or so to actually get to Parkgate or Shirley town centre, or to change onto another bus to complete the journey, doesn't seem very useful to me.

Perhaps passengers also find it confusing, as all the printed material at stops says the 1 goes to Shirley, while the destination displays say 'Hall Green'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk