News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 30th August

Started by winston, July 03, 2015, 04:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Looks like the Cannock X51 Am journeys are going back to more or less the times they were before they changed due to the current roadworks!

(NWM have put a new timetable dated 19 July at the stop outside my house!)

Tony

Yes, school holiday mean the shorter running times can be used again

John

The latest gen now is that the 904 is extended to Asda Minworth. I keep hearing end of the summer holidays for all of the Sutton changes

Dutsey

Quote from: John on July 14, 2015, 12:43:22 PM
The latest gen now is that the 904 is extended to Asda Minworth. I keep hearing end of the summer holidays for all of the Sutton changes

From Falcon Lodge?

John

Dutsey

Quote from: John on July 14, 2015, 01:29:42 PM
I believe so

I suppose it makes sense linking up Falcon Lodge and the Asda but surely the 914 would be the better fit?

Tony

Quote from: Dutsey on July 14, 2015, 01:44:14 PM
I suppose it makes sense linking up Falcon Lodge and the Asda but surely the 914 would be the better fit?

How would the 914 fit? You would have to delete part of the current route

Dutsey

Quote from: Tony on July 14, 2015, 02:03:18 PM
How would the 914 fit? You would have to delete part of the current route

I guess my thinking was to turn right onto chester road and then onto Kingsbury Road to Minworth Asda and then pick the route back up, but you would lose the Pype Hayes section which I guess is a popular part of the route.

Could the 71 not serve Falcon Lodge if there was going to be a link?

Bob

Quote from: danny on July 10, 2015, 07:01:18 PM
I'm going to assume the Staffordshire services will be school services as they begin with 8 and end at the high school, would be interesting if NXWM decided to give cannock a go again lol.

Thatll never ever happen i dont think lol

domino.99

Quote from: danny on July 10, 2015, 07:01:18 PM
I'm going to assume the Staffordshire services will be school services as they begin with 8 and end at the high school, would be interesting if NXWM decided to give cannock a go again lol.

Yes, they are for Cheslyn Hay School.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Dutsey on July 14, 2015, 02:44:10 PM
I guess my thinking was to turn right onto chester road and then onto Kingsbury Road to Minworth Asda and then pick the route back up, but you would lose the Pype Hayes section which I guess is a popular part of the route.

Could the 71 not serve Falcon Lodge if there was going to be a link?

Wasn't this the reason the 119 was withdrawn? I know it was a tender but the patronage just dropped to nothing. Unless the former 119 passengers have asked for this link.

Ossie

QuoteWasn't this the reason the 119 was withdrawn? I know it was a tender but the patronage just dropped to nothing. Unless the former 119 passengers have asked for this link.

You beat me to it, Ashley. The Diamond 119 was every 15 minutes down to Asda, IIRC, and then went to every 30 mins, but my experiences of it, as a Walmley resident, was that it rarely carried more than 4 or 5 folk between the Lodge and Asda.  I can't see the logic behind extending the 904. 

Would you route it down Webster Way and cut out Walmley Village, with all the congestion through there, or put it through the village as a sop to removing the 115 (the other rumour mentioned above, which horrifies me)?

If the 115 does go, will they upgrade the 914 frequency to 15 minutes, or are we Walmley folk going to get a reduced and inferior service into Brum? 

We've already seen the 71 frequency cut back in recent years with the demise of the 71A.  Getting a bit of a raw deal in this neck of the woods, IMHO .....   >:(

monkeyjoe

Any more insights/ rumours as what might be occurring then?

John

There will be a 15A and 15C. I'm thinking this will cover both the 115 and 66A

Also the 952 is reverting back to the 52, and there will be a 52A again (don't know the details of this though)

PM

I'm sure the 119 was every 15 mins with a half hourly exyension to Asda. It was commercial and the Asda extension originated in the old Petes 115S iirc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk