News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinh1000

Quote from: Trident 4609 on March 31, 2013, 10:46:15 PM
Quote from: Ashley on March 31, 2013, 09:00:39 PM
Yes the 558 and 64 are to be withdrawn on may 20th, for reasons as yet unclear, possibly to do with these additional college services starting in september, most of their drivers havent got a clue about the withdrawals as yet either

The 558/64 have Probably been withdrawn due to low passenger numbers

I don't live or usually go to birmingham so i don't know about the loadings of the 64,

What are the passenger numbers like for the 64 on average.
It can vary
Went on 4 different occassions last week
2 journeys say half full
1 journey few passengers
1 dead

These were all in middle of the day too
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

vinh1000

Today some man called Andy called me who is New Operations Manager for TGB who used to be for First Group in Redditch lol :-)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

winston

Article on The Green Bus in the latest Routeone:

Suggests the frequency of TGB 50 may be increased soon,
3 x further Tridents are due
Also pondering a strategic alliance with a big bus group to allow it to expand quickly, see's opportunities to grow in Europe & possibly North America

http://www.route-one.net/issues/481/index.html#/14/
http://www.route-one.net/issues/481/index.html#/28/

tank90

I have a funny feeling with an Ex FMR Redditch person working for them it wont be long until we see Green bus on the 57/58 and school services in Redditch.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: tank90 on April 04, 2013, 02:58:18 PM
I have a funny feeling with an Ex FMR Redditch person working for them it wont be long until we see Green bus on the 57/58 and school services in Redditch.

Quite Possible, especially if Diamond fail to sort out the over crowding/missing buses issues in Redditch. There doesn't seem to be the volume of complaints on their FB page, I'm not sure whether people have given up posting rather than the problems being resolved?

Ash

With regards to the 50 service I'm sure if diamond wanted to they could really up the competition on the 50 service against green bus similar to GRS travel on the 16. At the moment diamond seem happy to plod along on both the 16 and 50 but with the spare vehicles etc they could easily double the number of vehicles on both of these services which could lead to GRS leaving the 16 but I guess would have less effect on the 50 due to the £1 single fare and the 50A service.

winston

Quote from: Ash on April 04, 2013, 03:41:53 PM
With regards to the 50 service I'm sure if diamond wanted to they could really up the competition on the 50 service against green bus similar to GRS travel on the 16. At the moment diamond seem happy to plod along on both the 16 and 50 but with the spare vehicles etc they could easily double the number of vehicles on both of these services which could lead to GRS leaving the 16 but I guess would have less effect on the 50 due to the £1 single fare and the 50A service.

That's why Diamond are continually loosing ground, they need to up their game whilst keeping a look over their shoulder. I would imagine any Arriva expansion will more than likely hurt the likes of Diamond rather than risk starting anything with likes of NX.

Tony

It is very hard for someone like Diamond to drive someone like GRS off a route. Diamond generally try to run to their registered times while GRS register and make every effort to be just in front of Diamond vehicles, without flooding the route, which would cost an awful lot of money for very little gain with NXWM on the route as well Diamond have no legal way around dealing with someone intent on just running in front

Ash

Quote from: Tony on April 04, 2013, 03:59:59 PM

It is very hard for someone like Diamond to drive someone like GRS off a route. Diamond generally try to run to their registered times while GRS register and make every effort to be just in front of Diamond vehicles, without flooding the route, which would cost an awful lot of money for very little gain with NXWM on the route as well Diamond have no legal way around dealing with someone intent on just running in front

Fair point Tony, I saw GRS on the 16 on Monday which i thought was strange but they must run on a sunday and therefore run on bank holidays. The 4 is a prime example diamond could sit and wait at Walsall and West Bromwich until another diamond arrives but as they have to run to timetable often they just arrive sit on the stand for about 30 seconds and leave rather than sitting there trying to get a full bus and they tend to just pick the passengers up on route. I use the 4 alot and the drivers on the diamond and NXWM always to seem to wave or make a signal (not an unpleasant) one when passing so don't think theres as much rivalry as there was in  the Pete's Travel days of the 404E.

arrivaaston

I believe that E989VUK has now been sold

nitromatt1

Quote from: arrivaaston on April 07, 2013, 09:53:50 PM
I believe that E989VUK has now been sold

F313 XOF has recently been sold.

E989 VUK has been being gradually paid for by an enthusiast wanting to buy it, he should also be receiving ownership of it soon

F53 XOF is also currently undergoing work at The Green Bus depot

nitromatt1

Look out for a Metrobus, probably 313, around Maypole-Redditch area tomorrow ;)

Trident 4609

Are you going to put any photos of the buses in the garage on flickr.

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on April 08, 2013, 10:17:18 PM

Going back to what you told me earlier do you know what changes are being made to the 50A

Is it a well used route to redditch? Could they be increasing the frequency (What is the current frequency of the 50A?)

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on April 08, 2013, 10:36:55 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on April 08, 2013, 10:17:18 PM

Going back to what you told me earlier do you know what changes are being made to the 50A

Is it a well used route to redditch? Could they be increasing the frequency (What is the current frequency of the 50A?)

No it would just be alterations of the route around the Redditch area. It is planned for it to follow more of the 57/58 route which is very well used, so more passengers would be attracted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk