News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Lance 207 is leaving for scrap tomorrow. Also saying their final goodbyes are two Tridents and a Dart - don't know their numbers yet though.

NXWM Spectra

Wow!

Quote from: nitromatt1 on January 29, 2013, 09:40:16 PM
Lance 207 is leaving for scrap tomorrow. Also saying their final goodbyes are two Tridents and a Dart - don't know their numbers yet though.

Does anyone know who's bought 2 Tridents and a Dart? Probably ex-London knackered things.

Sad for the Lances to be leaving for scrap, having spent their whole life in the Black Country, having spent years with Diamond before moving to the Green Bus.

I wasn't expecting them to be selling Tridents either, with several Metrobuses and Olympians still in servive. I think they'd do well keeping Metrobuses for enthusiast events.

nitromatt1

I meant the Tridents and Dart are going for scrap too. I suspect the Tridents are the V-KGW ones which they've been trying to sell for months. Seems a waste but I'm glad it's them not the Metrobuses or Olympians.

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on January 29, 2013, 10:49:42 PM
I meant the Tridents and Dart are going for scrap too. I suspect the Tridents are the V-KGW ones which they've been trying to sell for months. Seems a waste but I'm glad it's them not the Metrobuses or Olympians.

But why did Greenbus think that they could sell them when Abellio couldn't?

Many of the V-KGW had been stored out of use with Abellio for up to a couple of years

Ashley

They were just parts donors

Kevin

This morning had I been on the road at the time not literally just watching my train come in I'd have had a fantastic photo of 2 Green Bus deckers passing on the bridge at Hamstead station ..... gutted
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

nitromatt1

The fleetlist needs updating as 207 left for scrap a few weeks ago, I can't find confirmation of this on the internet but I know a driver/engineer there who told me

nitromatt1

Another vehicle recently left (I believe for scrap) is Dennis Dart 501 R508 SJM.

Also, as a heads up for the future, in a couple of months' time Green Bus will be acquiring 3 Optare Spectras from Reading Buses, although they are already in TGB livery (albeit the older variation) having been working school services in the Reading area.

All are step-entrance:

711 - S879 BYJ
712 - S880 BYJ
713 - S881 BYJ

Neswulf

Quote from: nitromatt1 on January 27, 2013, 11:01:57 PM
Nowhere near as many people as there should've been, only about 12 of us on 989 today. Great fun though, will put pictures/videos on my Flickr in due course.

Quote from: Trident 4609 on January 27, 2013, 06:55:33 PM
989 was doing a tour of wolverhampton today. It was an enthusiasts tour and when i passed it today it had a fair few people on there.

Where were we when you saw us?

Matt, any idea if this was put on by The Green Bus, or if arranged (ie hired bus with people chipping in) by an enthusiast?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Neswulf on March 18, 2013, 11:58:09 AM
Nowhere near as many people as there should've been, only about 12 of us on 989 today. Great fun though, will put pictures/videos on my Flickr in due course.

989 was doing a tour of wolverhampton today. It was an enthusiasts tour and when i passed it today it had a fair few people on there.

Matt, any idea if this was put on by The Green Bus, or if arranged (ie hired bus with people chipping in) by an enthusiast?

Nope it was arranged by Matt Clarke, not really anything to do with TGB hence why there was no promotion on their website. The only place it was advertised was on the MCW Metrobus Facebook group and by word of mouth. There was a flat fare of £7, pay on the day, anyone could come.

Neswulf

Quote from: nitromatt1 on March 18, 2013, 06:39:39 PM
Quote from: Neswulf on March 18, 2013, 11:58:09 AM

Nope it was arranged by Matt Clarke, not really anything to do with TGB hence why there was no promotion on their website. The only place it was advertised was on the MCW Metrobus Facebook group and by word of mouth. There was a flat fare of £7, pay on the day, anyone could come.
Cheers. I'll keep my eyes on the FB group as mentioned.

winston

On VOSA this morning Greenbus appear to be cancelling their 64 & 558 services from 20th May,

I was under the impression the 64 was quite well used?

PD1090982/20 - THE GREEN BUS COMPANY LIMITED T/A THE GREEN BUS, 386 PARK ROAD, HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM, BS18 5ST

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Rubery (Morrisons Superstore) and Queen Elizabeth Hospital given service number 64 effective from 20-May-2013.

PD1090982/21 - THE GREEN BUS COMPANY LIMITED T/A THE GREEN BUS, 386 PARK ROAD, HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM, BS18 5ST

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Wolverhampton City Centre and Dudley Town Centre given service number 558 effective from 20-May-2013.

Sayeed

Quote from: Winston on March 28, 2013, 09:22:02 AM

Not really, since 98 been introduced people choose to travel on instead of 64.
Век живи - век учись

winston

Quote from: Sayeed_M on March 28, 2013, 10:14:59 AM
Quote from: Winston on March 28, 2013, 09:22:02 AM

Not really, since 98 been introduced peoples choose to travel on instead of 64.

Thanks for the info!

Kevin

Plus it only ran for a few hours in the daytime, presumably just to make use of the buses while not on school runs, which leads me to guess they've found another use for them?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk