News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s94

Quote from: Andrew on June 29, 2014, 06:37:33 PM
Perhaps they should re route it through saltwells now to cover the 297 section being cut.
Yep, can't believe NXWM are going to leave this section without a replacement as I know for a fact it's well used by people there.

the trainbasher

I don't think the 22 will run at all by this time next year...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on June 29, 2014, 08:43:47 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on June 29, 2014, 08:25:37 PM
Diamond do have some loyal customers on the 50.
Diamond 50 is the only 50 I use unless im filming a rare olympian so Id notice!  Hopefully Diamond are slowly pulling back some passengers with the 2 journies for £2 offer. Imagine how boring the 50 would be for us enthusiasts if it was just enviros and knackered ex london rubbish on it! I do think it's only a matter of time before nxwm respond. One other thing I would say is have green bus given a thought to stops MS1 and MS2 in town, it is bad enough watching buses now trying to get a space let alone once the frequency has gone up!

I agree-it is totally ridiculous especially when drivers sit on stand and fill out VCR's. Diamond have tried to ease the problem by ensuring driver changes are not done on those stops...

How is copying the 002 useful @Matt? When diamond already offer cheaper returns what USP is there?

I agree @the trainbasher!! I also wonder if upping the 50 frequency could cause a NX reaction as well which could not ultimately be advantageous.

I'm surprised though that the TGB 22 was one minute said to be carrying decent loads/attacking diamond etc and now it's a big loss maker?!!! That sure changed fast or perhaps it has been a dead route all along as I and others suggested!!

trident4370

Couldnt agree more @DiamondDart truth be told with the 50 I think TGB will become their own worst enemy but others will disagree and say Im talking cobblers. I also wonder if Centro will intervene regarding the stops in town, surely it can only get worse.

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on June 29, 2014, 09:52:40 PM
Couldnt agree more @DiamondDart truth be told with the 50 I think TGB will become their own worst enemy but others will disagree and say Im talking cobblers. I also wonder if Centro will intervene regarding the stops in town, surely it can only get worse.

It seems like the worst possible place to have such busy stops as well. For a start, the sheer number of people waiting in such a small space often make it hard to actually walk past down to the stops below. I wonder if the 50 could be moved back up where the 16/424 etc now stop?

nitromatt1

@DiamondDart many passengers hate Diamond on the 002 due mainly to their basic inability to run to a timetable. I still believe Diamond are open to attack on the 002 but to maximize revenue from the route customers would need to be made aware in as many ways as possible that the big  green buses they see running around are simply the new & improved version of the 002! The service provided must also be of as high a quality as TGB are capable of, at the moment I don't think it is but with a bit of work it could be.

trident4370

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point either the 50 or the 35/126 were moved tbh

PM

Quote from: Matt on June 29, 2014, 09:59:15 PM
@DiamondDart many passengers hate Diamond on the 002 due mainly to their basic inability to run to a timetable. I still believe Diamond are open to attack on the 002 but to maximize revenue from the route customers would need to be made aware in as many ways as possible that the big  green buses they see running around are simply the new & improved version of the 002! The service provided must also be of as high a quality as TGB are capable of, at the moment I don't think it is but with a bit of work it could be.

Surely if TGB ran the 002, they would also fall victim to the traffic between Merry Hill and Halesowen which affects all operators.

The issues with the 22 were as follows Matt:

1) Poor launch-no publicity, just random buses running round letting people on.

2) Poor vehicles-enthusiasts like lances/step entrance olympians but do members of the public with prams/OAPs etc?

3) No-one really knew, weeks after the launch, what the frequency was.

4) Poor route-tagging two routes together ended up trying to satisfy so many people it actually ended up not satisfying anyone.

And no, @trident4370-it seems like that could be a solution, as especially the 126 stops with the 61/3 etc by the station anyway.

gac_uk

Quote from: Winston on June 29, 2014, 07:25:16 PM
Quote from: Russ Smith on June 29, 2014, 06:51:56 PM
50 is to be every 6 minutes with slightly longer operating hours, to Maypole only. 22's peak-only as a commuter service, between Halesowen and Birmingham only, four journeys daily (can't remember, but I think some of these four are Bartley Green part routes anyway). Terminus is still Town Hall.

I would think that NX may well respond to that frequency increase

Maybe they already have responded with the introduction of the 24/7 timetable from 20th July?

Trident 4609

Quote from: trident4370 on June 29, 2014, 10:00:50 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if at some point either the 50 or the 35/126 were moved tbh

They've already changed the 126 enough as it is! ;)

trident4370

Seeing as It has almost been like a game of musical bus stops on routes since the murder of Corporation St, One more change to the 126 would be nothing in Centros eyes! Plus the 10H could easily use the 16 stop by the Pavillions, infact it would make more sense.

nitromatt1

@DiamondDart I agree entirely with all points you make there. They are amongst the issues which must, have and will be addressed. Publicity in particular was a bit of a non-event. The company has huge potential though, as long as the 'basics' can be nailed.

It is also worth remembering that local bus services are a tiny proportion of the company. The failure of the 22 is a mere drop in the ocean.

the trainbasher

Don't forget @DiamondDart the oversaturation of buses between Halesowen and Merry Hill (002 4bph, 004 2bph, 22 2bph, 141 2bph = 10bph between Merry Hill, Quarry Bank and Halesowen)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

I am surpised that TGB did not look at the 35 instead of the 22

trident4370

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 29, 2014, 10:33:00 PM
I am surpised that TGB did not look at the 35 instead of the 22

Please no!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk