News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on June 26, 2014, 03:43:12 PM
Quote from: Matt on June 26, 2014, 02:55:08 PM
Also 365 has been deroofed for the weekend. Was due to do PM FW5 service but been swapped at last minute as the school don't want an open topper!!

And 202's gone out on the 22

whats 365 gonna do over the weekend?

Given the weather forecast, will probably spend the weekend having it's roof put back on!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

James4368

Quote from: Matt on June 26, 2014, 03:47:00 PM
Also 365 has been deroofed for the weekend. Was due to do PM FW5 service but been swapped at last minute as the school don't want an open topper!!

All I know is someone specifically requested the open topper.

By the way, which bus spotter just phoned in asking about taxi services?
ive just phoned asking if I can look around their depot this Saturday but they said no due to limited staff
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

nitromatt1

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on June 26, 2014, 03:51:45 PM

ive just phoned asking if I can look around their depot this Saturday but they said no due to limited staff

Yes I was listening, another bloke phoned before you asking about taxis. Haven't you already been round here anyway?

James4368

Quote from: Matt on June 26, 2014, 03:53:32 PM

Yes I was listening, another bloke phoned before you asking about taxis. Haven't you already been round here anyway?
yes ive been round there before just wanted to go again
btw are you on work experience at TGB?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

nitromatt1

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on June 26, 2014, 03:55:05 PM
Quote from: Matt on June 26, 2014, 03:53:32 PM

yes ive been round there before just wanted to go again
btw are you on work experience at TGB?

No not work experience, I volunteer regularly. They've known me for ages here.

the trainbasher

Spectra on the 22 halesowen bound about 100 yards ahead of my number 9 on manor lane.

Edit - just caught up at the Manor way lights and it's 202!!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

nitromatt1

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 26, 2014, 06:39:44 PM
Spectra on the 22 halesowen bound about 100 yards ahead of my number 9 on manor lane.

Edit - just caught up at the Manor way lights and it's 202!!

Yeah, I did post when it got sent out earlier. I was surprised there was a Spectra free from private hires.

nitromatt1

By the way, 365 has gone topless as it's taking staff including myself down to Reading for the open day on Sunday.

fleetline6477

Yesterday afternoon I caught the 1454 22 Merry Hill - Birmingham which is shown on the timetable to be FW1 and operating via KEFW vSchool. It just operated the normal line of route. It dropped the last passengers off at the bottom of Jiggins Lane and didn't stop again until Town Hall.

Are Green Bus putting out any publicity encouraging people to travel to / from Birmingham on their buses to minimise delays with Tunnel closures affecting Gt. Charles Street?

Justin Tyme

Volvo Olympian 907 was on the 50 this afternoon - saw it leaving Moor Street for the Maypole around 1645.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Justin Tyme on June 27, 2014, 10:54:19 PM
Volvo Olympian 907 was on the 50 this afternoon - saw it leaving Moor Street for the Maypole around 1645.

Expect more of the same, there is a big shortage of vehicles at the moment. Private hires are completely sold out through the summer, plus First are nabbing 15 low floor vehicles for the Commonwealth Games and there'll be 3 on the Redditch - Longbridge rail rep (for which I spent Monday & Tuesday setting up drivers duties, running boards and destination displays)

Also, 113 spent this evening at KEFW school with myself, Ian and a couple of staff members promoting TGB and providing information to prospective parents about the school services. NX were also present with their 4905. I'm doing the same at KE Aston school tomorrow morning (hopefully with 121!), then on Monday evening I'm representing TGB by myself at Queen Mary's Grammar School up Walsall.

Russ Smith

Quote from: Matt on June 27, 2014, 11:50:40 PM

Expect more of the same, there is a big shortage of vehicles at the moment. Private hires are completely sold out through the summer, plus First are nabbing 15 low floor vehicles for the Commonwealth Games and there'll be 3 on the Redditch - Longbridge rail rep (for which I spent Monday & Tuesday setting up drivers duties, running boards and destination displays)

Also, 113 spent this evening at KEFW school with myself, Ian and a couple of staff members promoting TGB and providing information to prospective parents about the school services. NX were also present with their 4905. I'm doing the same at KE Aston school tomorrow morning (hopefully with 121!), then on Monday evening I'm representing TGB by myself at Queen Mary's Grammar School up Walsall.

Has the duty start and end been changed over to Longbridge now then Matt?

Solo1

Which 3 r to be used On the rail replacement
Service

nitromatt1

@Russ Smith Yes I made sure all changeovers are in Longbridge. However the buses will of course run private to/from Redditch. If I'd done it further in advance I'd have asked to register 3 early morning 50trips City - Maypole & the reverse late at night to reduce dead mileage.

@Solo1 I don't know but I doubt they'll be low floor!!

winston

Quote from: Matt on June 27, 2014, 11:50:40 PM

Surely the 15 low floor deckers working on Commonwealth Games shuttles will leave TGB only enough to cover the 50 & the 22 will have majority steppers during that period.

Have First subcontracted the Redditch rail replacement contract to TGB? as I thought they'd won it?

Is there not any likelihood of TGB buying any more low floor deckers in the near future to ensure that the 22 is consistantly allocated low floors and the could also then look at tagging on the Colmore Row loop

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk