News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Quote from: Kevin on August 11, 2013, 05:27:42 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 11, 2013, 04:58:20 PM
Quote from: Kevin on August 11, 2013, 03:23:56 PM
A Decker passes me at Scott arms earlier, turning from Newton rd to Walsall rd, seemed to have fleet no. 206 but looking at the fleet list that's a Lance... also seemed to have about a dozen enthusiasts / staff on board. Anyone know any details?

Yes, 206 was a Lance L206 YAG, but that was scrapped several months ago. 206 is now an Optare Spectra, S881 BYJ. All of 201-206 should be in school service when school restarts in September.

I had not heard of any enthusiast event, are you sure the enthusiasts weren't just staff not in uniform?

No I'm not sure, hence I put "enthusiasts / staff"

Oh sorry, thought you meant enthusiasts and staff.

Will see if I can find out what was going on.

vinh1000

Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 11, 2013, 05:33:22 PM
Quote from: Kevin on August 11, 2013, 05:27:42 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 11, 2013, 04:58:20 PM
Quote from: Kevin on August 11, 2013, 03:23:56 PM
A Decker passes me at Scott arms earlier, turning from Newton rd to Walsall rd, seemed to have fleet no. 206 but looking at the fleet list that's a Lance... also seemed to have about a dozen enthusiasts / staff on board. Anyone know any details?

Yes, 206 was a Lance L206 YAG, but that was scrapped several months ago. 206 is now an Optare Spectra, S881 BYJ. All of 201-206 should be in school service when school restarts in September.

I had not heard of any enthusiast event, are you sure the enthusiasts weren't just staff not in uniform?

No I'm not sure, hence I put "enthusiasts / staff"

Oh sorry, thought you meant enthusiasts and staff.

Will see if I can find out what was going on.
It was parked up in Perry Barr One Stop having their break
Yes staff were all in uniform
Blinds blank
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on August 18, 2013, 11:27:18 AM
On the Birmingham Mail website today:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/discounted-bus-fares-scheme-pupils-5745652

Sounds as though TGB may be forced to operate more commercial services during the day to help cover the costs of the school services now the reimbursement has been capped?

Stu

Quote from: Winston on August 18, 2013, 12:17:16 PM
Quote from: Stu on August 18, 2013, 11:27:18 AM
On the Birmingham Mail website today:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/discounted-bus-fares-scheme-pupils-5745652

Sounds as though TGB may be forced to operate more commercial services during the day to help cover the costs of the school services now the reimbursement has been capped?

Or they'll have to increase the price of the child passes they currently offer?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Solo1

Kevin_Brum12

£250,000 (the money TGB claims they will lose in the Mail article is an awful lot of money to make up in a short time - plus the legal costs from the case as well.

Putting up the price of the child passes is an option, but it may result in some parents deciding that their children will travel to school by other means. 

I think TGB will have to look at other options - running more commercial services (maybe along the 9 route using the buses employed to take students to the Hagley Schools, or in the Redditch area), and bidding for tender contracts from the likes of Centro and Worcestershire County Council as and when they come up.   

Lukeee

p452 (the ex Diamond Lance) seen driving around duddeston at approx. 11:30AM and again at Witton at 15:30 Approx, both times with people aboard. Any ideas?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Lukeee on August 18, 2013, 08:52:29 PM
p452 (the ex Diamond Lance) seen driving around duddeston at approx. 11:30AM and again at Witton at 15:30 Approx, both times with people aboard. Any ideas?

was thinking Football services, but don't think there were any matches today.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 18, 2013, 09:06:10 PM

If you are on about Villa they played yesterday

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 18, 2013, 09:18:15 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 18, 2013, 09:06:10 PM

If you are on about Villa they played yesterday

I think TGB do football bus services for Birmingham City & WBA!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

nitromatt1

No way would the Lance be used on football services.

452 is seatbelted so it was most likely on private hire when you saw it. If the party hiring a bus is small then no reason not to use the Lance and keep a decker available.

gac_uk

Route training most likely; Green Bus will be covering some of the rail replacement diagrams on the Birmingham - Walsall - Rugeley line next weekend

Kevin

Quote from: gac_uk on August 19, 2013, 06:16:42 AM
Route training most likely; Green Bus will be covering some of the rail replacement diagrams on the Birmingham - Walsall - Rugeley line next weekend

You mean they have a specific route to train drivers on? Last time I caught the green bus as a replacement bus from Hamstead to town he seemed to be making it up as he went along
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk