News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 04, 2013, 09:40:02 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 04, 2013, 09:34:39 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on October 04, 2013, 09:33:43 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 04, 2013, 07:54:14 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 04, 2013, 05:38:17 PM
Look out for TGB appearing where you might not expect them sometime soon.

Your teasing us again Matt  ;) ;) ;)

Is it the 226  :) (only joking!)

All I can do for the time being Stu ;)

You wish Tom :)

THE GREEN BUS, first bus operator to operate on the moon?  ;) ;)
Nah I'm thinking its gonna be Redditch or Worcester or even on the 144.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Lukeee

Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 04, 2013, 05:38:17 PM
Look out for TGB appearing where you might not expect them sometime soon.

Druids heath  ;)

andyr

Well it wont be any were on a hill as there buses seem incapable of climbing them !

mikestone

At least 202 and 206 on Chase line rail replacement today, along with a Central buses E200 and Midland Classic 83

nitromatt1

Centro have entirely withdrawn the subsidy for all TGB school services. The result is going to be a significant increase in child fares and pass prices. Also the Hagley services are at risk of being withdrawn as they will make considerable losses without the subsidy.

Looks like I might have to get the 9 then 276 to school soon

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 10, 2013, 05:53:24 PM
Centro have entirely withdrawn the subsidy for all TGB school services. The result is going to be a significant increase in child fares and pass prices. Also the Hagley services are at risk of being withdrawn as they will make considerable losses without the subsidy.

That's a sick joke.

Are you sure you haven't got the wrong end of the stick?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

sonic84

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 10, 2013, 06:31:45 PM

That's a sick joke.

That would be ridiculous.  I can remember when I used to get the bus from Hayley Green to Hagley to go to Haybridge High School, the fair on the 192 or the school services was £2.30 each way.  A ridiculous price for a sixth form student.

Towards the end of my 2 years there, I started just catching the 247/248 services to Pedmore and walked from there to Hagley as it was so much cheaper.

nitromatt1

That's a sick joke.

No, I have received an email from the MD explaining it all today

winston

That's a sick joke.

Could that potentially put TGB out of business or an eventual mass withdrawal of school routes?

If the fares increase significantly, I would have thought that others would follow suit & find a cheaper alternative to get to school

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richie

Have Centro given a reason for this? I personally don't agree with Centro subsidy to take kids to Haybridge, it's out the area and there is plenty of schools closer.

the trainbasher

I believe they can give subsidy to anything up to a specific distance outside the PTE boundary if it benefits the residents the PTE

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Afraid you are completely correct on this one Matt, it is an absolute mess, I already know students who have already cancelled their TGB passes, one has and I am absolutely telling the truth moved house because of it, my Dad works at KEFW where Ian Mack started it all from so get the news I really don't know what they are going to do as the prices are already extortionate and are limited in their commercial work because of their school routes/commitment any extra routes would miss both the AM and PM peak where they would make the most money unless they increase the fleet, but that would still mean lots of buses would sit doing nothing between the school runs

nitromatt1

TGB have withdrawn the Hagley services, with effect from after half term (so 2 weeks of service remaining). I had a feeling this was going to happen.

What happens after that, nobody knows.

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 14, 2013, 02:04:05 PM
TGB have withdrawn the Hagley services, with effect from after half term (so 2 weeks of service remaining). I had a feeling this was going to happen.

What happens after that, nobody knows.

Sounds as though the funding cuts are seriously going to hurt TGB's business model. I assume the school may have to part fund some replacement services as some pupils have to travel miles

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk