News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: Nathan on August 06, 2015, 11:00:24 PM
Someone who speaks sense ;) (Although i do like the Tridents on there)

Swapping B5s for inferior E400Hs? Speaking sense? Surely not. Besides, nice to have a bit of vehicle type variety in the West Mids.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Nathan on August 06, 2015, 11:00:24 PM
Someone who speaks sense ;) (Although i do like the Tridents on there)

Imagine  another upgrade for "Network Harborne", then I really would throw my toys out the pram.

Liberator9

Hope those Gemini IIs stay on the Harborne routes - wish WN had kept them - ride the 1 quite a bit and the Gem IIs were far better! Still have a feeling the Sutton corridor will kept upgraded in the next year or two - either normal MMCs or Platinums.

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 15, 2015, 09:12:18 PM
Hope those Gemini IIs stay on the Harborne routes - wish WN had kept them - ride the 1 quite a bit and the Gem IIs were far better! Still have a feeling the Sutton corridor will kept upgraded in the next year or two - either normal MMCs or Platinums.
I think that aswell platinum like the other 9** services the 97 has also got to be a candidate for MMC next year 12 year old Tridents running a 24HR service, they will be 13 this time next year @Liberator9
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

New route from merry hill to Hagley every 30 mins during the day and once an hour during the evening. Numbered 278 or 11 (if the dudley review brings simple numbering structure)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Liberator9

@2206

Yeah I could see the 97 get some normal MMCs next year - it's a major service. Saw some of the 97 branded ones today and some of them don't look great.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 15, 2015, 10:06:50 PM
@2206

Yeah I could see the 97 get some normal MMCs next year - it's a major service. Saw some of the 97 branded ones today and some of them don't look great.

As someone who's been using the 97 for the past 12 years, I hope so ! Its a frequent service so they'll need a lot but its due an upgrade although I cant really complain with the Tridents that are already on it.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liberator9

@GeminiFan1991

Well hopefully it will be - would be good for you! I'd say there's a high chance that next year the 97 and 126 will be done - perhaps one other corridor as well. Will be interesting where the 16 61/13 reg E400s from WA go.

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 15, 2015, 11:04:55 PM
@GeminiFan1991

Well hopefully it will be - would be good for you! I'd say there's a high chance that next year the 97 and 126 will be done - perhaps one other corridor as well. Will be interesting where the 16 61/13 reg E400s from WA go.
I think the 94 has a chance next year aswel with Claribels competition on there saw the Gemini with the LED display yesterday it looks a mess. Maybe the Bristol Road aswell
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Liberator9

Yeah the 94 of course - forgot about that route - so probably 97, 94, 126, Bristol Road?

trident4370

Personally I would hold a new South Birmingham Review altogether, some services now are laughable... 1s, 3s and 5s nearly always running empty every 20 minutes. You don't see buses running empty in North Birmingham, they are put to good use on routes that work well for both NX and passengers.

This is completely off the top of my head but for starters how about...
Sod the pointless 1 extension off completely and return the terminus to Acocks Green.
Shorten the 5 to run between Birmingham and Shirley Green and just run the 6A of a morning and evening peak.
Introduce a new S5 Route to operate between Shirley, Monkspath, Widney Manor Station and Solihull every half hour.
Re-extend the 3 to Solihull only operate it down Blossomfield road and retime the 76 to provide a bus every 10 minutes to Billesley (should also help improve the current crap co-ordination of the 27/76).

Sh4318

Quote from: trident4370 on August 15, 2015, 11:44:50 PM
Personally I would hold a new South Birmingham Review altogether, some services now are laughable... 1s, 3s and 5s nearly always running empty every 20 minutes. You don't see buses running empty in North Birmingham, they are put to good use on routes that work well for both NX and passengers.

This is completely off the top of my head but for starters how about...
Sod the pointless 1 extension off completely and return the terminus to Acocks Green.
Shorten the 5 to run between Birmingham and Shirley Green and just run the 6A of a morning and evening peak.
Introduce a new S5 Route to operate between Shirley, Monkspath, Widney Manor Station and Solihull every half hour.
Re-extend the 3 to Solihull only operate it down Blossomfield road and retime the 76 to provide a bus every 10 minutes to Billesley (should also help improve the current crap co-ordination of the 27/76).

Either extend it to Shirley High Street/Shirley Green, or curtail back to Acocks Green
Re-route the 2 and 3 via Moseley. The 5 & 31 can run as they are, every 10 mins along Stratford Road
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Liberator9

The 5 needs something doing - for a start it's a waste of deckers - aside from the peaks the upper deck is fresh air.

trident4370

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 15, 2015, 11:57:36 PM
Either extend it to Shirley High Street/Shirley Green, or curtail back to Acocks Green
Re-route the 2 and 3 via Moseley. The 5 & 31 can run as they are, every 10 mins along Stratford Road
Yes I agree with that, I actually like that idea. I think they proposed that in the last so called Review but never delivered it. The 31 is fine now in my opinion it seems to be doing ok considering how it started, my only other gripe is the 5 I think the buses on there now are just wasted after Shirley.

Sh4318

Quote from: trident4370 on August 16, 2015, 12:02:03 AM
Yes I agree with that, I actually like that idea. I think they proposed that in the last so called Review but never delivered it. The 31 is fine now in my opinion it seems to be doing ok considering how it started, my only other gripe is the 5 I think the buses on there now are just wasted after Shirley.

I just think the amount of buses between Sparkbook and Birmingham is massive overkill. I've never really used the 5 that much to notice. I always see the 31 with half decent loads
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk