News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Dom on August 16, 2015, 05:14:34 PM
Only a thought, not 100% on this.

Curtail the 75 to do West Brom - Birmingham, thus removing 74E's and replacing them with the 75.
Raise the freq. of 79 to every 10 mins to make up for the removal of the 75 between WB and Wednesbury.

That way you end up with more buses than you need between Wolverhampton & Darlaston, and the people Between Wednesbury & Carters Green lose their direct bus to everywhere south of West Bromwich and I cannot see that anyone benefits?

GeminiFan1991

I like the idea of NX of having an express route to Drayton Manor, extend it maybe to Tamworth.....?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

karl724223

If I had a £1 for every one that asked me about a bus service to kiddiminster from merry hill

winston

Quote from: karl724223 on August 19, 2015, 08:32:20 PM
If I had a £1 for every one that asked me about a bus service to kiddiminster from merry hill

I'm surprised no one has tried a regular daytime service

Ronnoc

First of all, I'd give the 8C and 8A deckers, as the buses are really busy. I'd transfer the Scania's over to YW to do the 2/3.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on August 19, 2015, 09:47:53 PM
First of all, I'd give the 8C and 8A deckers, as the buses are really busy. I'd transfer the Scania's over to YW to do the 2/3.

BY can't support deckers due to height so I suppose an increase frequency may be the solution but I doubt they can support more buses either.

MW

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on August 19, 2015, 09:47:53 PM

BY can't fit any doubles in garage, due to height of depot. There's a photo of a President on the 8, back when Hockley ran the route.

j789

Quote from: karl724223 on August 19, 2015, 08:32:20 PM

Midland red used to run one in the 90s I think when MH first opened. The issue seemed to be that the free parking at MH made the car the preferred option for most and whilst at peak times there may be a decent load, in between the service wouldn't pay unless supported finiancially. Couldn't see Worcestershire council funding a route that took potential shoppers out of their county and doubt MH themselves would put up any money either.

The potential for the 147 to extend to MH in the future is good in my opinion and I think would attract passengers if it was limited stop between Halesowen and MH. Whos knows though!

winston

Quote from: j789 on August 20, 2015, 08:04:05 PM
Midland red used to run one in the 90s I think when MH first opened. The issue seemed to be that the free parking at MH made the car the preferred option for most and whilst at peak times there may be a decent load, in between the service wouldn't pay unless supported finiancially. Couldn't see Worcestershire council funding a route that took potential shoppers out of their county and doubt MH themselves would put up any money either.

The potential for the 147 to extend to MH in the future is good in my opinion and I think would attract passengers if it was limited stop between Halesowen and MH. Whos knows though!

Realistically anyone going shopping to MH from KR would go for the day, therefore you would expect it to be quiet around lunchtime.

The trouble with extending the 147 to MH is would be yet another H'owen to Merry Hill service of which there are many.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Winston on August 20, 2015, 08:14:18 PM
Realistically anyone going shopping to MH from KR would go for the day, therefore you would expect it to be quiet around lunchtime.

The trouble with extending the 147 to MH is would be yet another H'owen to Merry Hill service of which there are many.

How about Merry Hill to Stourbridge via X96 route. Then either A451 direct to Kiddy (Hourly) Or via Hagley and Blakedown to Kiddy via A456. (Every 30 mins to Hagley with hourly extensions to Kiddy)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

j789

Quote from: Winston on August 20, 2015, 08:14:18 PM

True but there is not a limited stop service which could be a selling point. I think First are in a better position to offer that than NXWM or Diamond because it is there only service in the area so wouldn't need to lead to changing currently operated services to incorporate the new route.

GeminiFan1991

What are people's views Cross city routes for Birmingham ?! I understand Wolverhampton has a few as well as other cities.

Liberator9

Complete no go for cross city routes in Birmingham - one problem on one end of the city means disruption for the rest of the route at the other end. With the traffic, really would be a nightmare.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 27, 2015, 09:20:25 PM
What are people's views Cross city routes for Birmingham ?! I understand Wolverhampton has a few as well as other cities.

A few cities do have cross city services. None of those places as big as Birmingham. The downside to them are the obvious reasons (roadworks, congestion and clampets)

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on August 27, 2015, 09:55:33 PM
A few cities do have cross city services. None of those places as big as Birmingham. The downside to them are the obvious reasons (roadworks, congestion and clampets)

Isnt roadworks and congestion a problem for many routes anyway although I see your point. A full journey would take a good while I surmise

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk