News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiamthebusGuy

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on August 05, 2015, 10:58:51 PM
Bring Metros back to life and have Tridents with roundel branding again. Then take out the MMC's one by one. Number 1 idea here I reckon.

So you are:

a) going to hit rewind on the company
b) going to get rid of brilliant buses

YOU MANIAC!

LiamthebusGuy

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on August 27, 2015, 09:55:33 PM
A few cities do have cross city services. None of those places as big as Birmingham. The downside to them are the obvious reasons (roadworks, congestion and clampets)

what are clampets?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liam on September 16, 2015, 10:18:55 PM
So you are:

YOU MANIAC!

As much as i like Tridents,  You can't beat a Metrobus (Well for me personally)

the trainbasher

Quote from: Liam on September 16, 2015, 10:22:15 PM
what are clampets?

The only Clampits I know of are the private parking lot that used to clamp cars

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Liam on September 16, 2015, 10:22:15 PM
what are clampets?

Clampets is a black country term for chavvy, dippy, thick people.

Quote from: Liam on September 16, 2015, 10:18:55 PM
So you are:

YOU MANIAC!

I'd be re living the best days and getting rid of vehicles which are the future but if there's not as much fizz then you have nothing. In the same way that a lack of nostalgia leads you to nothingness.

GeminiFan1991

I quite like the idea of a Chelmsly Wood - Brownhills via Chester Road

Just a thought !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Steveminor

Can't see there being any need for that one. I mean have you ever heard anyone in Brownhills say "hey love where you fancy going this afternoon, (reply) how about chelmsley wood darling ain't been there for ages" pmsl

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Steveminor on September 20, 2015, 09:59:58 PM
Can't see there being any need for that one. I mean have you ever heard anyone in Brownhills say "hey love where you fancy going this afternoon, (reply) how about chelmsley wood darling ain't been there for ages" pmsl

That's made me laugh trying to imagine that conversation lol.

Sayeed

Quote from: Mike K on August 15, 2015, 03:34:31 PM
Swapping B5s for inferior E400Hs? Speaking sense? Surely not. Besides, nice to have a bit of vehicle type variety in the West Mids.

With appalling seating lay out at the back of the lower deck and break no thank you I am very much happy with inferior E400Hs
The only thing I love about those buses is the body, WG2

Been on 5405 & 07 yesterday, god how I miss them and considering they got more seats than B5LH on top deck, it still has decent leg rooms  ...well for me
Век живи - век учись

Mike K

Quote from: Sayeed on September 25, 2015, 05:19:16 PM
With appalling seating lay out at the back of the lower deck and break no thank you I am very much happy with inferior E400Hs
The only thing I love about those buses is the body, WG2

Been on 5405 & 07 yesterday, god how I miss them and considering they got more seats than B5LH on top deck, it still has decent leg rooms  ...well for me

I was thinking more of build quality, reliability, suspension, comfort, leg room. Don't get me wrong I liked the E400Hs but the B5LH seems all round the better option.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Mike K on September 26, 2015, 09:30:21 PM
I was thinking more of build quality, reliability, suspension, comfort, leg room. Don't get me wrong I liked the E400Hs but the B5LH seems all round the better option.

I agree here, this is where I give the my thumbs to Volvo compared to ADL, I'll take a Gemini or B7RLE over an Enviro 200/400 anyday, Im starting to like the new deckers but the single decks still have their problems. I hope our time with the demonstrator proves fruitful for future purchases !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Steveminor

Trident 4194

Steveminor

Well with the darts parts are available from a number of different suppliers whereas for vol vo you must go to volvo for the majority of the parts. Also adl products are less electrically intensive than other manufacturers I.e the dafs we have got are all electronic controlled gizmos even for the lighting so if you have a problem it's computer diagnostic & wiring rather than the bolts & spanners the darts need. Not a criticism as such but if a daf has a fault on road it has to return to the garage 9 times out of 10 so it can be plugged in to fault find whereas 9 out of 10 problems with darts can be sorted on road.

Trident 4194

To be honest if I could have my own bus business I would chose Volvo products or scania products. I know cost can play a major part in the decision of purchasing vehicles. I will hopefully have or be part of the bus industry, but I will focus on my accountancy/financial career first to create stable fundings

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk