News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Buz89

Extend arriva 115, Tamworth to Solihull via Coleshill, nec and airport?

Cheese

Quote from: Buz89 on July 31, 2015, 10:29:24 PM
Extend arriva 115, Tamworth to Solihull via Coleshill, nec and airport?

Considering it has just been withdrawn between Hurley and Coleshill due to low passenger usage I can't really see that working.

The Fox 4846

Firstly, As the Platinums on the Birmingham - Walsall Corridor will start very soon, I would transfer 4527 to AG then I'd transfer 4528 - 4534 to Dundee via the Paintshop, to get painted into the new Dundee livery, and then send down 4680 - 4686 to AG for the 966. This would save sending 4680 - 4686 to the Paintshop for the new Dundee livery when they have just had a repainted earlier in the year. I Would next also decrease the 66 to every 30 mins an add a new service numbered the 69. This route follows the 66 until: Court lane, then Court lane, Chester road, Jockey road, Birmingham road and into Sutton Coldfield where it will terminate this would mean 2 extra buses. I would also transfer the X56 and 4733 - 4737 to PB so Additional journeys can be made as well as adding a new service called the X53 running the same as the X56 until Queslett road where it continues on to the Queslett Island (the one with the Queslett Pub), then will go back along the Queslett road in the direction of where it had just come until there is an opening on the left which takes you onto Cooksey lane, then follow the 33 to Kingstanding Circle where the X53 will terminate. (On return, go left onto Queslett road then follow X56 route to Birmingham). I Would then extended 2 of the X51 journeys an hour (Every 30 mins) to Cannock with the other X51's terminating at Walsall Bus Station, this would require 3 extra buses, which I hope they have which could possibly be the ones of the peak journeys that go on to the X56.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Tony

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on August 01, 2015, 08:56:08 AM
My idea is to run a new service called the X54 from Birmingham- Wednesbury via Scott Arms, M5, West Bromwich and Black Country Spine Road. This would take about 2 hours and would need 6 buses at every 20 mins. My next idea is to create a 54 route from Birmingham - West Bromwich via Newtown, Perry Barr, Scott Arms and Sandwell Hospital. This would take around 2 hours and would need 4 buses at every 30 mins. My next idea is to change the 84 to U1 and have it as a 'Uni-bus' route like what stagecoach have done, I'd also have 4698 running the U1 and have 4698 branded for the U1. I'd also have the 76 re-numbered to the U2 and the WB 48 re-numbered to the U4. I'd also re number the 907 - 977 and create a new route called the 979 this route would go the same as the 977 from Birmingham - New Oscott then would go left down Kings road, then left onto Queslett road then round Old Horns Crescent and then back to Birmingham. I Would also extend the 33 to Asda Queslett (Old Horns Cres) via Hillingford Avenue, Beacon road, Queslett road, Old Horns Crescent, Aldridge road, Beacon road and the back to Birmingham. I Would also decrease the 66 to every 30 mins an add a new service numbered the 69. This route follows the 66 until: Court lane, then Court lane, Chester road, Jockey road, Birmingham road and into Sutton Coldfield where it will terminate this would mean 2 extra buses. I would also transfer the X56 and 4733 - 4737 to PB so Additional journeys can be made as well as adding a new service called the X53 running the same as the X56 until Queslett road where it continues on to the Queslett Island (the one with the Queslett Pub), then will go back along the Queslett road in the direction of where it had just come until there is an opening on the left which takes you onto Cooksey lane, then follow the 33 to Kingstanding Circle where the X53 will terminate. (On return, go left onto Queslett road then follow X56 route to Birmingham).

Who would benefit from your X54?

MW

I think it's hilarious how certain people are criticising NXWM/Centro for changing services every now and then, and in the space of a few hours, you've already had a network review on this 54/X54 route. (See the quote in Tony's post above, and then the comment above that to see what's been changed in this review lol)

Edit: in the space of half an hour should I say

Stu

The 'U2', does that go "where the streets have no name"?  ;D

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on August 01, 2015, 10:38:11 AM
The 'U2', does that go "where the streets have no name"?  ;D

Dead on time, with or without you.

My idea is to create a 54 route from Birmingham - West Bromwich via Newtown, Perry Barr, Scott Arms and Sandwell Hospital. This would take around 2 hours and would need 4 buses at every 30 mins. My next idea is to change the 84 to U1 and have it as a 'Uni-bus' route like what stagecoach have done, I'd also have 4698 running the U1 and have 4698 branded for the U1. I'd also have the 76 re-numbered to the U2 and the WB 48 re-numbered to the U4. I'd also re number the 907 - 977 and create a new route called the 979 this route would go the same as the 977 from Birmingham - New Oscott then would go left down Kings road, then left onto Queslett road then round Old Horns Crescent and then back to Birmingham. I Would also extend the 33 to Asda Queslett (Old Horns Cres) via Hillingford Avenue, Beacon road, Queslett road, Old Horns Crescent, Aldridge road, Beacon road and the back to Birmingham. I Would also decrease the 66 to every 30 mins an add a new service numbered the 69. This route follows the 66 until: Court lane, then Court lane, Chester road, Jockey road, Birmingham road and into Sutton Coldfield where it will terminate this would mean 2 extra buses. I would also transfer the X56 and 4733 - 4737 to PB so Additional journeys can be made as well as adding a new service called the X53 running the same as the X56 until Queslett road where it continues on to the Queslett Island (the one with the Queslett Pub), then will go back along the Queslett road in the direction of where it had just come until there is an opening on the left which takes you onto Cooksey lane, then follow the 33 to Kingstanding Circle where the X53 will terminate. (On return, go left onto Queslett road then follow X56 route to Birmingham).
The 84 dose not need a double decker bus it currently uses scania omnilinks and if you have ever seen this service you will know it never gets a standing load and it is usally a rather quiet and empty service It dose not even get a full seating load so dose not need double deckers.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMK

Extend the 34 to Wolves from Stowlawn via the rest of Green Lanes and the A41 (i.e. like the good ol' days when the 334 went via the same route back in the mid to late 90s).
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

The Fox 4846

Firstly, As the Platinums on the Birmingham - Walsall Corridor will start very soon, I would transfer 4527 to AG then I'd transfer 4528 - 4534 to Dundee via the Paintshop, to get painted into the new Dundee livery, and then send down 4680 - 4686 to AG for the 966. This would save sending 4680 - 4686 to the Paintshop for the new Dundee livery when they have just had a repainted earlier in the year. I Would next also decrease the 66 to every 30 mins an add a new service numbered the 69. This route follows the 66 until: Court lane, then Court lane, Chester road, Jockey road, Birmingham road and into Sutton Coldfield where it will terminate this would mean 2 extra buses. I would also transfer the X56 and 4733 - 4737 to PB so Additional journeys can be made as well as adding a new service called the X53 running the same as the X56 until Queslett road where it continues on to the Queslett Island (the one with the Queslett Pub), then will go back along the Queslett road in the direction of where it had just come until there is an opening on the left which takes you onto Cooksey lane, then follow the 33 to Kingstanding Circle where the X53 will terminate. (On return, go left onto Queslett road then follow X56 route to Birmingham). I Would then extended 2 of the X51 journeys an hour (Every 30 mins) to Cannock with the other X51's terminating at Walsall Bus Station, this would require 3 extra buses, which I hope they have which could possibly be the ones of the peak journeys that go on to the X56.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on August 05, 2015, 10:12:16 PM

I do not think 4680 - 4686 will come back down I also do not think  they will go to Walsall to go to the paint shop I think they will send them to whoever did 7001 witch did not come down to Walsall to go to the paint shop I think 4527-4534 would more likely go to AG as National Express would not send them back down just because they have high backed seats the 966 is mainly Gemini operated anyway with the odd president dose it realy matter if they have high backed seats or not as it is nothing special.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ashley 60171

Bring Metros back to life and have Tridents with roundel branding again. Then take out the MMC's one by one. Number 1 idea here I reckon.

I Would extend the 72E journey to go round the roundabout at clock Garage and go back down the Coleshill Road and terminate at the 11 stop at the Fox and Goose shopping centre. Then withdraw Diamonds 25 service and reroute the 38 to cover the Kingsbury Road to Erdington section of the 25.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sayeed

If Harborne corridor (particularly for 22, 23 & 24) get upgrades again, I would transfer BC hybrids to Dundee and send their E400Hs to WN for 59
Век живи - век учись

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk