News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: BusFan on May 24, 2015, 08:17:15 PM
I'm OCD somewhat so I'd probably change the 11A/C to resemble a circle as near as possible ! Something that bothers me is that the 11A/C doesn't go to Smethwick, why I don't know but it bothers me, circle would be more complete I suppose,

Bearwood is part of Smethwick.

The Outer Circle follows the route as it does, as it mostly follows the A4040 outer ring road around Birmingham - the main exceptions being where it passes briefly into Sandwell serving Bearwood shops, and between Kings Heath and Hall Green, and Acocks Green and Yardley, where it deviates from the A4040 to better serve shopping areas, schools and railway stations. The route is very long as it is, so I think it unlikely that it would be extended any further.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack6101

They should existed the 16 to west brom or extend the 42 to merry hill
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Sh4318

Double deckers on the 55. Every time I see that route, it's packed
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ashley 60171

Lets have NXWM back on WN62/62A.

Reinstate the 62 to Finchfield but also extend it to Castlecroft
Reinstate the 62A to serve Perton
Run the service for a greater number of hours per day.

Would actually turn a profit I bet you my winter hat on it (choice of hats available)

Gareth

Quote from: Sh4318 on June 04, 2015, 11:48:26 AM
Double deckers on the 55. Every time I see that route, it's packed

Whilst I miss double deckers on the 55, the only way to do this would be to swap routes with another garage. The only one I could think of is the 66 to BY. However that would only free up Omnilinks, so that wouldn't work. I also imagine with some 55's starting and finishing at Saltley first and last thing, it's more economical from BY.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Gareth on June 04, 2015, 08:48:25 PM
Whilst I miss double deckers on the 55, the only way to do this would be to swap routes with another garage. The only one I could think of is the 66 to BY. However that would only free up Omnilinks, so that wouldn't work. I also imagine with some 55's starting and finishing at Saltley first and last thing, it's more economical from BY.

I've always felt the 28 should go to BY being Omnilink operated not to mention, its terminus isn't to far away.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Gareth

But again, whatever route it's swapped with at PB will still be Omnilink operated. Unless any existing PB route can be single decked to allow double deckers on the 55.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Gareth on June 05, 2015, 12:01:30 AM
But again, whatever route it's swapped with at PB will still be Omnilink operated. Unless any existing PB route can be single decked to allow double deckers on the 55.

May be PB can allow the occasional decker during peak times ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

monkeyjoe

Has the X64 worked, since introduction freq reductions and as an X service doesn't seem to be that attractive down the Bristol Road really. What do people think?

CL

Theoretically speaking, ALL of BY routes (8A/C, 17, 55/A) could be operated with deckers? But are not, due to garage height. ::)

Would be strange for me to see deckers on the 8. Though, not so much, would it be the Omnicities.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

MW

Quote from: clayderman on June 06, 2015, 11:19:28 PM
Theoretically speaking, ALL of BY routes (8A/C, 17, 55/A) could be operated with deckers? But are not, due to garage height. ::)

Would be strange for me to see deckers on the 8. Though, not so much, would it be the Omnicities.

I'm sure the 17 goes under the same bridge as the 71 somewhere along the route? I'm not sure, so don't quote me on that.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: MW on June 06, 2015, 11:50:49 PM
I'm sure the 17 goes under the same bridge as the 71 somewhere along the route? I'm not sure, so don't quote me on that.

71 used to go under the Mackadown bridge but the 17 still actually does.

Westy

Extend the Walsall to Beechdale shorts to Bloxwich by turning right from Bloxwich Lane onto Leamore Lane then turn left at KFC up Somerfield Road.

Or if the bit between Beechdale & Dudleys Fields is not heavily used, change the main service to the 69, including the daytime Sunday service & retain the Dudleys Fields to Walsall link by extending the 326 from Bloxwich, again via Somerfield Road & the current 2 / 2a via Leamore shops.

Or re-extend the 25 again back onto Dudleys Fields via Central Drive, or divert a few of the 'million' 301's via Dudleys Fields then onto Mossley!

(Of course, some of these can't be done until the Central Drive / railway works are completed!)

leewhayward29

Quote from: Westy on June 07, 2015, 12:09:56 AM
Extend the Walsall to Beechdale shorts to Bloxwich by turning right from Bloxwich Lane onto Leamore Lane then turn left at KFC up Somerfield Road.

Or if the bit between Beechdale & Dudleys Fields is not heavily used, change the main service to the 69, including the daytime Sunday service & retain the Dudleys Fields to Walsall link by extending the 326 from Bloxwich, again via Somerfield Road & the current 2 / 2a via Leamore shops.

Or re-extend the 25 again back onto Dudleys Fields via Central Drive, or divert a few of the 'million' 301's via Dudleys Fields then onto Mossley!

(Of course, some of these can't be done until the Central Drive / railway works are completed!)

how would the 326 work with going to Walsall from Bilston, Willenhall and Bloxwich it would be a long route but it would be nice to have more buses going from Walsall to Bilston via Bloxwich, Dudley fields and Willenhall
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

Westy

Quote from: leewhayward29 on June 07, 2015, 02:00:44 AM
how would the 326 work with going to Walsall from Bilston, Willenhall and Bloxwich it would be a long route but it would be nice to have more buses going from Walsall to Bilston via Bloxwich, Dudley fields and Willenhall

Well that 25 takes well over an hour to do Bloxwich to Kingstanding so if a route like that can be operated .....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk