News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: don on April 11, 2017, 12:38:05 AM
That's not a very helpful reply - do you know what is the bandwidth limit? Unusual to be limited by that - more usual for public transport wifi to be time limited (certainly is on trains, with the option to buy more. I wouldn't have thought a bus journey was long enough to use that much anyway.

I think you may be allowed 40 minutes a day

Trident 4194

Quote from: John on April 11, 2017, 09:28:00 AM
I think you may be allowed 40 minutes a day

40 mins a day is about right as I got timed out after having been on the bus 35 mins.

With journeys such as the X1 this means you only allow half your journey on wifi

andyr

Just sitting on WN 6769 on a 529 service. The bus itself seems clean and tidy although I am sitting downstairs. Just a pity that the driver is not smartly dressed as they were when Platinum service was first introduced. Seems to let down the image.

ARBB

Quote from: andyr on May 27, 2017, 04:41:22 PM
Just sitting on WN 6769 on a 529 service. The bus itself seems clean and tidy although I am sitting downstairs. Just a pity that the driver is not smartly dressed as they were when Platinum service was first introduced. Seems to let down the image.

What would you class as smartly dressed ? @andyr

karl724223

Quote from: pndriver on May 27, 2017, 06:57:23 PM
must admit wolves drivers do look scruffy on the 126

Westy

The regular driver on the morning Plattie I catch never wears one.

Think I've only ever seen one Walsall driver wear the proper Plattie uniform & that was early in the Walsall Platties life!

ARBB

Quote from: Westy on May 27, 2017, 11:04:18 PM
The regular driver on the morning Plattie I catch never wears one.

Think I've only ever seen one Walsall driver wear the proper Plattie uniform & that was early in the Walsall Platties life!

They're not issuing the uniform anymore, just 2 ties and a pullover

winston

Quote from: pndriver on May 27, 2017, 11:13:14 PM
They're not issuing the uniform anymore, just 2 ties and a pullover

Cost cutting?

andyr

Quote from: pndriver on May 27, 2017, 06:57:23 PM

ironed shirt and a tie neatly tied. a aknowledgment when you board the bus not a indifferernt scowl

MW

Quote from: andyr on May 28, 2017, 01:53:26 AM
ironed shirt and a tie neatly tied. a aknowledgment when you board the bus not a indifferernt scowl

I don't understand passengers like you. I could complain about passengers not wearing a ironed shirt and a neat tied tie. You seem to think you're boarding a Rolls Royce.

It's a bus.

You're paying under a fiver.

karl724223

Quote from: andyr on May 28, 2017, 01:53:26 AM
look at other bus company drivers  jeans and t shirt  or shorts this weather  radio plugged into one ear

monkeyjoe

I see both sides, however if NX are putting in significant investment in trying to create and brand image and increase passengers, the drivers should follow the basic standards if they are on those routes. The same way the people in other service industry jobs are expected too. I've never been on one of these buses and not sure if they brought them to my area would make me ditch the uber, be interested to see how newish routes x61 & x12  & the Platinum sub brand overall performs when they release end of year figures.

andy41

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 28, 2017, 10:18:35 AM
I see both sides, however if NX are putting in significant investment in trying to create and brand image and increase passengers, the drivers should follow the basic standards if they are on those routes. The same way the people in other service industry jobs are expected too. I've never been on one of these buses and not sure if they brought them to my area would make me ditch the uber, be interested to see how newish routes x61 & x12  & the Platinum sub brand overall performs when they release end of year figures.

I don't think NX are likely to break their figures down into Platinum operations and non Platinum. But you can draw some conclusions from the facts that Platinum has been around for a couple of years now and that in that time NX's figures have revealed a consistent, if very minimal, drop in revenue at U.K. Bus. At the same time there is also a very sudden and unexpected rationalisation programme (i.e. East Birmingham ) and a move towards discounting, a policy NX have rarely if atall resorted to so widely as they appear to be now. So perhaps there are conclusions to be drawn from that evidence.

winston

Quote from: andy41 on May 28, 2017, 10:42:01 AM
I don't think NX are likely to break their figures down into Platinum operations and non Platinum. But you can draw some conclusions from the facts that Platinum has been around for a couple of years now and that in that time NX's figures have revealed a consistent, if very minimal, drop in revenue at U.K. Bus. At the same time there is also a very sudden and unexpected rationalisation programme (i.e. East Birmingham ) and a move towards discounting, a policy NX have rarely if atall resorted to so widely as they appear to be now. So perhaps there are conclusions to be drawn from that evidence.

Plus Platinum buses have had ad frames / adverts fitted to increase revenues (Something you'd never see on Megabus Gold or Sapphire), the Platinum uniform appears to be being dropped, NX have been upgrading elderly Tridents & B7TL's that are worthy of Crimson refurbs with full Euro 6 upgrades & there's still no sign of a new bus order.

NX UK bus is the only division within NX that isn't growing profits, they are in fact reversing.... it will be interesting to see what further changes UK coach management make within UK bus to reverse it's fortunes.....

andy41

Quote from: Winston on May 28, 2017, 11:03:54 AM
Plus Platinum buses have had ad frames / adverts fitted to increase revenues (Something you'd never see on Megabus Gold or Sapphire), the Platinum uniform appears to be being dropped, NX have been upgrading elderly Tridents & B7TL's that are worthy of Crimson refurbs with full Euro 6 upgrades & there's still no sign of a new bus order.

I think those (and particularly the last one) points are especially significant and indicative. When you upgrade and rebrand in such a fashion as Platinum, the investment is supposed to be rewarded with passenger growth and increased revenue in order to help cover it. On bus advertising should be a seperate revenue stream and should certainly not be occupying space on vehicles that you invested in specifically to increase your own marketing and brand awareness, it's almost an admission that you're not pushing the brand anymore and are just looking to recoup the costs of the vehicles in other ways.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk