News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: B.C Driver on March 10, 2017, 01:37:44 PM
It would have to be a short movie, from City to Frankley is only 31 mins at night!
The X61 isnt a bad route, since the X61 has been introduced smoking is almost non existant, and of course when they do smoke the driver can now use the microphone to tell them to stop which is really good. I havnt heard of any robbery or theft on the X61 or even the 61 prior to that. And any would be thief knows the cctv is crystal clear too.

31 minutes - perfect timing for most TV programmes

karl724223

6711 back at the farm hopefully fixed of its problem

JoNi

Just  received on Twitter
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/fM7AAw
Some route numbers don't go away!

JoNi

Group of elderly walkers conversation. "I thought the 900 still ran" was met with a reply "No the black one is now X1"

suavegarv

Spotted a new type of "chip and pin" style numbered card reader on an X2 earlier on today. Are they for the new ticket machine?

Dom

Quote from: suavegarv on March 30, 2017, 09:42:51 PM
Spotted a new type of "chip and pin" style numbered card reader on an X2 earlier on today. Are they for the new ticket machine?

Eh?!

Tony

Quote from: suavegarv on March 30, 2017, 09:42:51 PM

X1 accepting contactless

Solo1

Quote from: Tony on March 30, 2017, 09:59:34 PM
X1 accepting contactless
have  all the X1. &X2 now got the new ticket machines

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on March 30, 2017, 10:37:33 PM
have  all the X1. &X2 now got the new ticket machines

I've noticed the new card readers that have been installed alongside the existing ones, the ticket machines (Wayfarers) are still the same.

I'm curious to learn why the new card readers appear to have a keypad on them? As well as contactless, will they be accepting chip and PIN cards too? I think I did see a slot at the front?

I did also notice this evening as I was waiting to disembark from 6852, that inside the drivers cab, next to the Wayfarer, there appeared to be some kind of mounting bracket, like you'd have for a smartphone or small tablet in a car. It had a white sticker on it, with 6844 printed on. Not sure of the significance of this number, unless its been installed in the wrong bus?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

vinh1000

Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Trident 4194

How long are you allowed on the wifi for?

CL

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 10, 2017, 08:51:10 PM
Until you use up your bandwidth.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4194

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 10, 2017, 08:51:10 PM

Until you've used up the allocated amount.

don

Quote from: Dom on April 10, 2017, 10:21:48 PM
Until you've used up the allocated amount.

That's not a very helpful reply - do you know what is the bandwidth limit? Unusual to be limited by that - more usual for public transport wifi to be time limited (certainly is on trains, with the option to buy more. I wouldn't have thought a bus journey was long enough to use that much anyway.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk