News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

They are in $]it basically then, i guess political uncertainty can't be helping either. Does the drop in the value of the pound effect these guys at all, although there as been some recovery. 

So we think that new orders for this year have had the plug pulled? Darn to think the 94 was going to upgraded will now probably get the 51 plates again after the 4th lol.

winston

The fall in the pound has benefited NX Group, as over two thirds of their revenue is generated in Dollars & Euro's.

Plus this year, the benefits from fuel hedging at much lower prices from 12 months ago will start to positive a positive impact on profits.

I suspect there will be new buses late this year, possibly in smaller quantities & most likely delivered in the last quarter of the year

monkeyjoe

So with all that background margin enhancing stuff going on, the bus group must be more in the ..... than we thought then.

Or could just be a new management taking a different strategic direction.

The Tesco staff called their CEO Dave Lewis Drastic Dave, maybe that is what the new UK BUS boss is having to do.

winston

UK Bus revenue only grew by £400k in the last financial year, whilst profits fell by £2 million. UK bus growth has stagnated & passenger numbers are falling overall despite growth on Platinum routes.

Whilst UK coach profits grew by £1 million on increased revenues of £1.5 million.

Latest NX Group report here:
http://www.nationalexpressgroup.com/investors/reports/

Stu

Quote from: andy41 on May 28, 2017, 11:17:18 AM
When you upgrade and rebrand in such a fashion as Platinum, the investment is supposed to be rewarded with passenger growth and increased revenue in order to help cover it.

I believe it was initially reported that following the Platinum launch on the then 900 and 957, passenger numbers did increase.

The problem as I see it is that passenger numbers on the whole are decreasing, mainly due to unreliability caused by traffic congestion. And in the case of the X1 and X2, when large gaps in service appear, I'll just get the 58/59/60 instead, whichever comes first.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Westy on May 27, 2017, 11:04:18 PM
The regular driver on the morning Plattie I catch never wears one.

Think I've only ever seen one Walsall driver wear the proper Plattie uniform & that was early in the Walsall Platties life!

I disagree. I see quite a few Walsall Platinum drivers wearing the proper Platinum uniform  (blazer, jumper, shirt and tie). A lot of drivers do take pride in their appearance on Platinum routes. I remember hearing a story on the first day about one driver who got himself smartly dressed in his Platinum uniform, had a shave and haircut to make himself look smart...only to get  a 42** on the 997(E)/X51... 

Jack

Quote from: Westy on May 27, 2017, 11:04:18 PM
The regular driver on the morning Plattie I catch never wears one.

Think I've only ever seen one Walsall driver wear the proper Plattie uniform & that was early in the Walsall Platties life!
I agree. Even though I don't use the 997 that often because of the slugs that are used on their, the drivers seem to be wearing the usual red tie and no blazer. I haven't see a Driver wear the Platnium Uniform since the Platniums started service at Walsall.

Stevo

Quote from: andyr on May 28, 2017, 01:53:26 AM
ironed shirt and a tie neatly tied. a aknowledgment when you board the bus not a indifferernt scowl
The trouble is drivers are only human and the vast majority of passengers don't even glance at the driver when boarding as they have passes, cards or tickets. So if you're regarded as unimportant you'll behave like that.

Jack D

Platinum question:
When is X12's next stop announcements going to work.
Also when is X12 buses going to be X12 branded?

Squiz1971

Quote from: Jack D on June 10, 2017, 02:36:43 PM
Platinum question:
When is X12's next stop announcements going to work.
Also when is X12 buses going to be X12 branded?
Give NXWM a chance the route has only been going a week & they have to sort out what colour and style the X12 branding will eventually be

Stu

Quote from: Squiz1971 on June 10, 2017, 07:51:52 PM
Give NXWM a chance the route has only been going a week & they have to sort out what colour and style the X12 branding will eventually be

It was a valid question. After all, NX have known about the X12 for several weeks. OK granted they may not have wanted to brand up the buses in advance, however they could have at least had all the audio/visual announcements sorted out well in advance ready to go from the start.
My locals:

Squiz1971

Quote from: Stu on June 10, 2017, 07:57:44 PM
It was a valid question. After all, NX have known about the X12 for several weeks. OK granted they may not have wanted to brand up the buses in advance, however they could have at least had all the audio/visual announcements sorted out well in advance ready to go from the start.
True @Stu I may of been a bit hasty with my comment and granted have not used the X12 yet only the X70 but agreed the next stop announcements should of been sorted when they updated the blinds ready for the start of the X12 last weekend. Unless it is not that simple a job to undertake in a short space of time

Mike K

Quote from: Squiz1971 on June 10, 2017, 07:51:52 PM

It's red according to the network map. No reason it couldn't have been sorted, given the reduced PVR in the run up to the changes. X61 branding was sorted prior to that being launched.

Stu

Quote from: Squiz1971 on June 10, 2017, 08:11:48 PM
True @Stu I may of been a bit hasty with my comment and granted have not used the X12 yet only the X70 but agreed the next stop announcements should of been sorted when they updated the blinds ready for the start of the X12 last weekend. Unless it is not that simple a job to undertake in a short space of time

Again, they've known about the X12 for weeks. The equipment is already installed in the buses. It could have all been set up and preloaded in advance, just wouldn't have done anything until the driver sets the displays to the X12 route. (If, as I understand correctly how this works, it is linked to how the driver sets the Hanover display)

I can understand the delay to getting the X1 and X2 announcements updated, as its updating data for current routes. But I can't see any reason why the X12 couldn't have had working audio/visual announcements from the date of launch.
My locals:

Jack D

Apparently theres something wrong with them but will be on within the next couple of days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk