News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Quote from: WMT3000 on January 10, 2017, 11:11:33 AM
Compensation culture and a misguided sense of entitlement?

Sounds about right

John

Quote from: WMT3000 on January 10, 2017, 11:11:33 AM
Compensation culture and a misguided sense of entitlement?

I think so. It doesn't stop you completing your journey, with a swift PAYG card, it is to your advantage anyway. With a travel pass loaded onto a Swift card, it is no difference

Dom

Quote from: John on January 10, 2017, 12:10:39 PM
I think so. It doesn't stop you completing your journey, with a swift PAYG card, it is to your advantage anyway. With a travel pass loaded onto a Swift card, it is no difference

Its  complaining for the sake of complaining as I remember him saying he gets a 4 week NX travel card, which those vouchers the therefore contribute to.

Gareth

So you get a free journey and end up £12+ in credit. And not for the first time either. No wonder my travel costs go up each year! Don't get me wrong, it's not your fault, it's the 'system', but it's a practice that needs to be stopped.

JoNi

I appreciate NX and front line staff are doing their best with life expired equipment and NX have committed to replacing the machines.

I actually get a four weekly nbus ticket so the voucher is of no value to me. I'll keep it and flog it at a bus rally in 10-20 years time!

Defective validators are one of those things that should work, just like defective Real Time Information or destination displays.
Rather than going through a labourious complaints process there should be an app similar to See Something Say Something where leaders of the local alliance should pay 10 pence for each instance out of their own pocket!

karl724223

Quote from: JoNi on January 10, 2017, 04:53:56 PM
I appreciate NX and front line staff are doing their best with life expired equipment and NX have committed to replacing the machines.

I actually get a four weekly nbus ticket so the voucher is of no value to me. I'll keep it and flog it at a bus rally in 10-20 years time!

Defective validators are one of those things that should work, just like defective Real Time Information or destination displays.
Rather than going through a labourious complaints process there should be an app similar to See Something Say Something where leaders of the local alliance should pay 10 pence for each instance out of their own pocket!
not being funny but if validator not working on one bus use the next bus to validate your smart card  can't see what the problem is  other than just a pointless moan

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on January 10, 2017, 05:47:30 PM
not being funny but if validator not working on one bus use the next bus to validate your smart card  can't see what the problem is  other than just a pointless moan

Seeing as though nx are so pendantic about faulty buses In services, should it have been kept in garage??

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 10, 2017, 06:17:11 PM
Seeing as though nx are so pendantic about faulty buses In services, should it have been kept in garage??

So you'd rather a bus doesn't turn up than having one you couldn't scan your card on?

They don't have infinite buses to send out when there's a minor defect!

Stu

If the card reader is not working, all the driver can do is wave people on. If your card carries a season ticket, you're not really losing out, so I don't think that compensation is necessary.

I remember maybe a couple of years ago now, there was a system wide failure on the on-bus ticket machines, so the drivers were instructed to just let cash-paying customers on for free. No need for compensation if you're travelling for free!

As long as any defective equipment has been reported, there shouldn't be any issues if the revenue team turn up!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

AndrewLee

If there's a problem with the wayfarer/ticket printer, in my experience the instruction normally is to take single fares but tell passengers requiring any Day tickets to purchase on their next bus. I actually disagree with this as I'm sure it's required for a ticket to be issued if one is paid for. Therefore I plug up the cash chute and everybody rides for free!!

Ashley 60171

Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 10, 2017, 06:20:33 PM
So you'd rather a bus doesn't turn up than having one you couldn't scan your card on?

They don't have infinite buses to send out when there's a minor defect!

Then the 9 or 244 doesn't turn up which leads to a different moan.

If Arriva ran your local service, given the number of times their machines don't work. If they had a similar reimbursement policy. Joni would bankrupt the bloody lot in a matter of weeks!

don

Serious commuters factor delay repay against annual train fare increases and thus always claim it - why not for buses as well if available. Most people get about 8% of the cost back (train commuting into London) - far more on one unnamed operator currently!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

37351ml

6751 noted at wb bus station today.

Solo1

Quote from: 37351ml on January 12, 2017, 05:53:11 PM
6751 noted at wb bus station today.
there  one there quite a few times can't recall why they are there

ARBB

Quote from: Solo1 on January 12, 2017, 06:10:32 PM
there  one there quite a few times can't recall why they are there

They use them for mobility scooter training

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk