News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Yeah heard that still wondering if this combined 966 and 72 will ever come to anything?

P419 EJW

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 05, 2016, 08:43:43 PM
Well I guess that the Bristol rd have had new buses, it's got to be East Brum's turn again soon. I only say this has Bristol rd got new buses same time as the original x62/64 came out then 72 got the upgrade.If by the time I move back there might be an X72 lol. So if any type of logic is being applied East Brum most surely be in for something, or will they up grade the 33 and Sutton lines just one more time again beforehand.

I'm assuming you meant when the 72 got upgraded with the B7RLEs mk2? If so, then the 72 has had another upgrade last year, the E200MMCs.

monkeyjoe

Well aware of that, my point is the East for a change has got to be due something else be that the 966 or some new creation. I await with baited anticipation.

Gareth

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 05, 2016, 09:23:36 PM
Well aware of that, my point is the East for a change has got to be due something else be that the 966 or some new creation. I await with baited anticipation.

I live in Saltley, I use buses everyday. The buses may not be new, but they are the smartest and cleanest they've been for years. And on the whole, they are fairly reliable most of the time. As a passenger these are the things that matter.

markcf83

Quote from: dingding on November 27, 2016, 06:33:30 PM
Don't know if reported elsewhere but I noticed yesterday that 6832 has been named Ronnie Morgan. Well done NXWM very nice touch!

Dave

It has been a couple of times but more than welcome to reiterate the point again.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on December 05, 2016, 10:43:50 PM
Most are, or will look smart but there are still some tatty B7TL ALX400 and Y reg tridents appearing on the 14, 56, 70 and 94 daily that won't repainted and refurbished now.

The Y-reg Tridents will be reduced at BC once they get all of their outstanding Platinums

Most services do, or will look smart in East Birmingham, the 28, 71, 72 and 55 certainly do. However there are still tatty Y reg Tidents appearing on the 56, 70, 73, 14 and 97 plus tatty B7TL ALX400 on the 94,  67 and the 11 daily.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Sorry but how can you complain about East Birmingham.

The latest batch of buses in the company are being used on the X1/X2

And last years MMCs are being used on routes 37/71/72 and soon 966...

Solo1

Which of the new platinum buses will branded for X1  X2  X61  I know 6836 is 1 for x61

Kevin

Quote from: MW on December 05, 2016, 11:48:57 PM
Sorry but how can you complain about East Birmingham.

The latest batch of buses in the company are being used on the X1/X2

And last years MMCs are being used on routes 37/71/72 and soon 966...

He doesn't class Cov road as East Brum
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

James4368

6841 is on X2 today

Currently on it to Solihull
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

winston

Quote from: 2206 on December 05, 2016, 11:26:39 PM
Most services do, or will look smart in East Birmingham, the 28, 71, 72 and 55 certainly do. However there are still tatty Y reg Tidents appearing on the 56, 70, 73, 14 and 97 plus tatty B7TL ALX400 on the 94,  67 and the 11 daily.

NXC, PN, WA & WN all have their share of Tatty Y-reg Tridents (as you put it) & WB with B7TL/ALX400's, they're pretty evenly spread around the various garages. Unless NXWM are given a new bus budget the size of what Trident4194 thinks they have, there's only so many buses that can be replaced each finanacial year.

GeminiFan1991

Generally speaking, NX's buses are in good condition. Compared to other bus operators, they have vehicles which are generally well. Yeah sure some buses are tatty but for a 15 year old vehicle what can you expect. Anyone who thinks NX doesn't have quality vehicles,  they need to have a go on some of AG's finest Geminis.

Strictly speaking, most buses would be better if some members of the public treated them well. Was in 1 of BC's newest Platinums a few days ago and it was festererd with trash. Buses leave the depot clean, just a shame some idiots can't take their rubbish with them.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Winston on December 06, 2016, 09:52:54 AM
NXC, PN, WA & WN all have their share of Tatty Y-reg Tridents (as you put it) & WB with B7TL/ALX400's, they're pretty evenly spread around the various garages. Unless NXWM are given a new bus budget the size of what Trident4194 thinks they have, there's only so many buses that can be replaced each financial year.

I get all that , makes sense and in terms of the East Brum I'm constantly saying is being neglected no Cov rd is not part of that, but they could more a tad more ........ Urm equally proportionate on distribution of resources. (Who knows they might even get some growth out of them).

Dare I say it lol. Can't wait to move back happy days.

I remember when Quniton closed most of those routes started getting up graded, I wrongly assumed because they had saved overheads in that part of the city and were therefore reinvesting in that area, as they had saved on overheads. Shame same can't be said when Lea Hall closed. However I guess those were the days when they were making a loss. Wish I'd actually done Bsc Transport management now.

Dom

Quote from: Winston on December 06, 2016, 09:52:54 AM
NXC, PN, WA & WN all have their share of Tatty Y-reg Tridents (as you put it) & WB with B7TL/ALX400's, they're pretty evenly spread around the various garages. Unless NXWM are given a new bus budget the size of what Trident4194 thinks they have, there's only so many buses that can be replaced each financial year.

The fact he's complaining about y reg Tridents yet the bus mentioned in his username is a y reg trident is really quite amusing.

@Dom it wasn't Trident4194 complaining about Y-reg tridents, it was '2206'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk