News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Kevin on November 26, 2016, 10:07:04 AM
Something I've just noticed.
PB 6819 has branding on the front window for "Unlimited bus travel in the Black Country..."
None of PBs routes let alone Platinum go into the black country so curious why this would even be put on. Maybe other buses this side of the region have it as well I've just never seen it
The 77 goes into the Black Country.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on November 26, 2016, 11:28:20 AM
The 77 goes into the Black Country.

Didn't know the 77 was a platinum route...

Quote from: Dom on November 26, 2016, 11:40:42 AM
Didn't know the 77 was a platinum route...
Quote from: Kevin on November 26, 2016, 10:07:04 AM
None of PBs routes let alone Platinum go into the black country so curious why this would even be put on.
Its not, but he said none of PBs routes go into the black country. The 77 goes to Walsall which is in the Black Country.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: 2206 on November 26, 2016, 11:42:38 AM
Its not, but he said none of PBs routes go into the black country. The 77 goes to Walsall which is in the Black Country.

That will open up a can of worms whether Walsall is in the Black Country or not!

When the 77 was at Walsall,  it did use spare Platinums at times.

Is there now spare Platinums at Perry Barr for this to continue?

I suspect not as I've only seen standard vehicles on the 77 since the change.

Where do Walsall's spare Platinums go now, or is there no such thing as a spare Platinum these days at Walsall?

Solo1

Quote from: Westy on November 26, 2016, 02:27:23 PM
That will open up a can of worms whether Walsall is in the Black Country or not!

Where do Walsall's spare Platinums go now, or is there no such thing as a spare Platinum these days at Walsall?
I've sent them on the 7 in Walsall on Saturdays

Cheese

At least 3 Platinums on the 6/7 today, had 6754 from Sutton to Walsall. The one I saw on the 7 was a 934 etc branded on I think.

GeminiFan1991

On a Saturday their probably is a spare Platinum lying around due to the lower PVR compared to Mon - Fri which is why in the past at WA they were at times found on the 77.

I find myself conflicted on a issue. I feel as though Platinum buses should be strictly for Platinum routes but then again its the age old argument, your lucky to get a bus at all and I suppose if your waiting for a bus to turn up, a Platinum bus isn't a bad consolation.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on November 26, 2016, 11:42:38 AM

Touchée. Forgot PB ran that now
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

monkeyjoe

The 377 was a prime route or what ever they called it when they upgraded the 1 , 451 @ 997 etc . Could it be related

BU07 LGO

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on November 26, 2016, 02:57:00 PM
On a Saturday their probably is a spare Platinum lying around due to the lower PVR compared to Mon - Fri which is why in the past at WA they were at times found on the 77.

I find myself conflicted on a issue. I feel as though Platinum buses should be strictly for Platinum routes but then again its the age old argument, your lucky to get a bus at all and I suppose if your waiting for a bus to turn up, a Platinum bus isn't a bad consolation.

They may aswell use them after spending £230k instead of having them sat around idle on a saturday

dingding

Don't know if reported elsewhere but I noticed yesterday that 6832 has been named Ronnie Morgan. Well done NXWM very nice touch!

Dave

James4368

6825 , 6832 and 6839 are out on 900 today
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

JoNi

Rode on 6834 on X1.
Surprisingly brighter inside without the black cove adverts and no advert over rear windows on both decks.
Next stop info showing National Express West Midlands.
Only realised there is a Platinum website when I read notice in Carrs Lane stating X63 doesn't stop here.

monkeyjoe

Well I guess that the Bristol rd have had new buses, it's got to be East Brum's turn again soon. I only say this has Bristol rd got new buses same time as the original x62/64 came out then 72 got the upgrade.If by the time I move back there might be an X72 lol. So if any type of logic is being applied East Brum most surely be in for something, or will they up grade the 33 and Sutton lines just one more time again beforehand.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 05, 2016, 08:43:43 PM
Well I guess that the Bristol rd have had new buses, it's got to be East Brum's turn again soon. I only say this has Bristol rd got new buses same time as the original x62/64 came out then 72 got the upgrade.If by the time I move back there might be an X72 lol. So if any type of logic is being applied East Brum most surely be in for something, or will they up grade the 33 and Sutton lines just one more time again beforehand.

966 is going platinum imminently, that serves a lot of east Birmingham

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk