News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

I noticed earlier that 6719 and 6720 have the offside branding missing on both vehicle's. I might be wrong, but does anyone know if these are having ad frames installed? Or is it just panel repairs?

Dom

6795 has had its branding removed.

Solo1

Wonder if any will have an all over ad or will they be kept grey

6728 taken out of service after smashing a window against a tree in dyas road whilst doing a 997 run

Solo1

2 platinums have gained side ads 2 far to id 1 was ad for lego batman at bc

Michael Bevan

Some Walsall Platinum's have now had advert frames fitted to the offside of the vehicle. So far I've seen 6720 and 6757 (which both have an advert on the frame) along with 6758.

John

Is the X14 going to get branding? I am asking because I noticed our allocation sheets mention X14 branded Platinums as the allocation for the running boards. This just used to read Platinum before

Kevin

Quote from: John on February 12, 2017, 11:04:26 AM
Is the X14 going to get branding? I am asking because I noticed our allocation sheets mention X14 branded Platinums as the allocation for the running boards. This just used to read Platinum before

Platinum website seems to suggest it's Grey/silver
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

DeanM66A

I know its revenue to the company but having these adverts on these premium buses IMO it makes them look less premium less classy ,when platinum was launched the dark colours were meant to reflect executive cars, you don't see executive cars with garish crap plastered on its sides do you now.

JoNi

Unless it says Uber

Stevo

I think it's a shame they spoil the image like that. Fleets like Nottingham, Brighton and Hove, Reading and others can do without advertising on their entire fleets.

Roy

Quote from: Stevo on February 16, 2017, 12:51:16 PM
I think it's a shame they spoil the image like that. Fleets like Nottingham, Brighton and Hove, Reading and others can do without advertising on their entire fleets.

Unfortunately, that's not true with Brighton & Hove these days.  Most unbranded buses now have advertising frames.

Kevin

I'd be willing to bet it was an advertising company that first approached NX saying they'd pay more to put their adverts on "premium" buses, and being money NX probably hard put to say no
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Roy on February 16, 2017, 01:01:17 PM
Unfortunately, that's not true with Brighton & Hove these days.  Most unbranded buses now have advertising frames.

And on page 74 of the March edition of Buses out today is a photo of a brand new Reading Enviro 400 bodied gas Scania fitted with a advert frame

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk