News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Why can't they use one of west Bromwich envrio's deckers for training instead

The Real 4778

Quote from: pndriver on January 12, 2017, 08:42:25 PM
  mobility scooter training

I thought all the Solos had been withdrawn now  :P
Don't you start.

windy miller

I notice several platinum's appear to be causing a few problems recently?.... and not just one garage either.. 6804 failed with no lights (907) earlier in the week, 6791 (126) failed on Saturday around 4.10pm just short of Wolverhampton town centre.. accompanied by more 'yellow coats' than Maplins!. :).and  6840 was another casualty an hour later (X61).. blocking the through lane at the smallbrook Queensway traffic lights although they did manage to move it to the other end of the tunnel ??? ???
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Stevo

There was an X1 yesterday with hazard lights going near the bottom of Carrs Lane.

dw1308

It seems that the platinum vehicles are suffering I was following 6705 on the 966 earlier today and noticed that on all 4 of the led brake lights there was a strange lightning bolt shape of dead LEDS I know it's not a mechanical failure and purely a cosmetic one but for a 15 plate vehicle costing in excess of £150,000 you would expect better build quality other than that I think the batch of platinums  (6701-6710)  that were transferred to AG are some of the best of the bunch and that includes the crimson standard spec vehicles.

(Sorry for the long winded reply guys had a lot to say 😂)

Dutsey

How is the X1 performing on going down the Coleshill Heath Road?

YN64AOG

Which Platinum route goes to Coventry?

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

Trident 4609

Quote from: YN63 BYJ on January 16, 2017, 11:42:11 AM
Which Platinum route goes to Coventry?

X1 (formerly the 900)

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

X1 branded bus on the 24 broad st about 1725 going to town

John

Noticed today rather strangely, 6854 only had an ad frame on the offside, and had been branded as normal on the nearside and rear. Surely it would look better with ad frames on both sides and smaller Platinum branding around the frames?

Westy

Any reason why the 529's don't audio announce the next stop until you're actually on top of the stop?

Me & my brother sat at the front of one tonight, going to Monmore Green & we had to change seats so we could see when to get off at Hickman Avenue.

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Westy on January 22, 2017, 01:09:33 AM
Any reason why the 529's don't audio announce the next stop until you're actually on top of the stop?

Me & my brother sat at the front of one tonight, going to Monmore Green & we had to change seats so we could see when to get off at Hickman Avenue.

Also, both Eastbound, the display shows 'Churchull Road' and Queen Elizabeth Drive'. Both correct West bound!
Tony

JoNi

6852 has advert frame on offside and has gained yellow Batman advert!

CL

6718 on the X10; I presume this is the same case on all Platinums, where "Art Gallery" and "Municipal Offices" (not sure of inbound stops) are announced by Phil Upton. Hate to nitpick, especially since the announcements do work as advertised - but I can't help but justify the blatant inconsistency - especially when stops such as "Broad Street, Sheepcote Street" are announced with the new voice. ???
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk