News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squiz1971

Quote from: Dom on January 07, 2017, 05:21:05 PM
What do you mean by didn't have to restart?
The driver must of overrode the stop/start system to avoid having the bus stop and start everytime they pulled up at lights or any bus stops

Dom

That doesn't mean that the drivers have adjusted to the buses better though. They just don't wish to use the stop start so they override it. Simples.

CL

Quote from: Dom on January 07, 2017, 05:21:05 PM
What do you mean by didn't have to restart?
I reckon, by "restarting", he means the ability to override the stop/start feature? That's what I would assume, anyway. ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

andyr

I follow the Sutton Lines 5 days a week and they all stop start at bus stops from what I can tell. As I have previously posted it also causes no delay on departure from stops. I also think the Platinum buses look superb. The presentation on the Sutton Lines is always good. The 110 Saphire in Sutton look dirty and drab in comparison the last week or so.

Stevo

Am I right in thinking the stop/start only works when the driver applies the parking brake? In that case a driver sitting on the footbrake at stops would prevent it working.

John

Quote from: Stevo on January 08, 2017, 07:59:58 PM
Am I right in thinking the stop/start only works when the driver applies the parking brake? In that case a driver sitting on the footbrake at stops would prevent it working.

The doors can not be opened without the handbrake applied

MW

Quote from: John on January 08, 2017, 08:02:47 PM

That's weird, they can in the E200s, or at least they could

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on January 08, 2017, 08:02:47 PM

They can on ours :p

don

Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 09, 2017, 11:24:47 PM
They can on ours :p

What is the point in the company investing in fuel saving and emissions saving technology if the driver can routinely override it? And apart from certain situations why would they want to override it.

If the system is anything like those in modern cars, when it senses an instance like engine not up to temperature, or a higher load such as air conditioning on, then the system doesn't operate anyway.

I really don't see what the problem is - my car had this, automatic braking and electronic handbrake amongst other gizmos - yes difficult for about 2 hrs - then second nature. In fact when I had a 'normal' hire car for a day recently, with DSG gearbox, I tried to drive with the handbrake on for the first couple of minutes - not used to one any more!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

MW

Quote from: don on January 10, 2017, 01:01:11 AM
What is the point in the company investing in fuel saving and emissions saving technology if the driver can routinely override it? And apart from certain situations why would they want to override it.

If the system is anything like those in modern cars, when it senses an instance like engine not up to temperature, or a higher load such as air conditioning on, then the system doesn't operate anyway.

I really don't see what the problem is - my car had this, automatic braking and electronic handbrake amongst other gizmos - yes difficult for about 2 hrs - then second nature. In fact when I had a 'normal' hire car for a day recently, with DSG gearbox, I tried to drive with the handbrake on for the first couple of minutes - not used to one any more!!

The start stop in your car will no doubt be a lot quicker than the ones on the MMCs. It feels like an age to switch back on.

I'm not 100% but I think they can also be overridden if you put your foot on the accelerator

JoNi

6847 validator stated dead, carry on mate, probably why the real time didn't work either! No wonder the driver didn't look happy. Another £10 travel voucher.....

The Real 4778

Quote from: JoNi on January 10, 2017, 06:48:10 AM
6847 validator stated dead, carry on mate, probably why the real time didn't work either! No wonder the driver didn't look happy. Another £10 travel voucher.....

Well I'm glad we got that cleared up!   :D
Don't you start.

BU07 LGO

Why would the driver care? Makes loading faster? Assuming validator is the card scanner ?

P419 EJW

I don't quite understand why you are complaining about the scanner not being functional? You had free travel after all. It's NX who is losing money if the scanner is broken.

WMT3000

Quote from: P419 EJW on January 10, 2017, 10:32:37 AM
I don't quite understand why you are complaining about the scanner not being functional? You had free travel after all. It's NX who is losing money if the scanner is broken.
Compensation culture and a misguided sense of entitlement?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk