News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Are you serious about voice recording, @Tony?

Jesus wept, what a country we're living in.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 17, 2015, 01:11:21 PM

I know, ridiculous

karl724223

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 17, 2015, 01:11:21 PM

yes we have them on our mmc,s at pensnett

Ally

I'm surprised the voice recording hasn't kicked up a fuss amongst the drivers, some from elsewhere have refused to drive buses with it fitted because it "invades their privacy", but I can see how it does come in handy where bogus complaints are concerned.

As for the free journey cards, as long as they are only handed out to people with verified complaints then it shouldn't be too bad. If they're just handed out to someone every time they scream blue murder then they'll be handing them out like crumbs to pigeons!

I've seen elsewhere complains be as silly as, and to quote: "stopping 4 inches away from the kerb", "letting his 13 year old daughter drive the bus (it was an 18 year old new starter)" and my personal favourite "running 7 seconds early!". It really get does get that bad when a freebie is concerned. - I genuinely wish I was making that up, but I'm really not...

I imagine as Tony mentioned the voice recording equipment and the traffilog system that the cards will only be handed out if either of these confirm the complaint?
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

karl724223

Mic,s in the cab like  CCTV is there for driver protection and false claims

Tony

Quote from: karl724223 on May 17, 2015, 08:06:55 PM
Mic,s in the cab like  CCTV is there for driver protection and false claims

I have been told the first prosecution for abusing a driver is already in progress

Chris2301

Quote from: Tony on May 17, 2015, 08:11:38 PM
I have been told the first prosecution for abusing a driver is already in progress

I think its a good idea for protecting the drivers video evidence without audio can only help to a certain point

Liberator9

Well it will be good if it means that it will help to prosecute those abusing drivers, as it sounds like it already has.

Liverpool Street

As long as they don't sack drivers for accidentally swearing when someone cuts them up (as a natural human reaction would be as you apply the brakes or whatever)

I certainly wouldn't want to drive a bus knowing every single little thing you do is recorded. Whoops, just farted. Sorry management.

I presume there is a camera on these mmc's pointing directly at the driver too like the buses in London?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liberator9

:) Would be a bit off putting at times knowing every thing you do is being recorded - however sure management will only listen to recordings if a complaint is made by a passenger or if a driver reports he has been verbally or physically abused. Sure normal actions such as swearing when cut up won't be found out or matter - after all we're all human.

JoNi

This just epitomises reactive cultures that exist where "evidence" is collected to deal with unacceptable behaviour by passengers. Why not have a named picture of the leader of the company whose vehicle it is stating what constitutes acceptable behaviour on his buses which is plain for all to see.

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on May 18, 2015, 12:56:34 PM
This just epitomises reactive cultures that exist where "evidence" is collected to deal with unacceptable behaviour by passengers. Why not have a named picture of the leader of the company whose vehicle it is stating what constitutes acceptable behaviour on his buses which is plain for all to see.

Why on earth would you need that?

Reasonable behaviour to others is taught to everyone from a very early age, It is just some people decide to forget or ignore it especially when in groups or after the consumption of certain products.

JoNi

Perhaps it's just me thinking outside the box (as some might say)  ;)

John

I passed a Platinum MMC on the Expressway this afternoon, on its way to Central

Tony

Quote from: John on May 18, 2015, 08:14:02 PM
I passed a Platinum MMC on the Expressway this afternoon, on its way to Central

6706/7/8 all due this week

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk