News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

I have boarded on 6707 from Birmingham, very impressed with the bus. Comfortable seats. I like how the stair handle or the glass lights blue - couldn't see where it was coming from when briefly going up the stairs.

JoNi

She noticed it was 15 minutes late and real time wasn't working at the stop. Who ever makes the announcements he only recounts the stop names and never says what you can reach at a stop e.g. markets,  shops etc. They have an excellent turn of speed and plenty of legroom too.

t.w.moore

I photographed  possibly the first of the new black/charcole Envir'o buses coming into Coventry today. And I ask. Do we really want black buses on our routes?
The bus was YX15 OXU 6702 OK it looks smart well appointed and there's red on it to give some relief, but would prefer the Birmingham red and dark red. I have emailed a picture taken at 8.45am for the dforum.

John

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on May 25, 2015, 11:18:48 AM
they should've put plug sockets in though

They'd soon get vandalised. If people can't go 90 minutes without using their phone if it runs out of charge, it shows how sad some people are

the trainbasher

@John on the other hand what about those who's phone battery doesn't work properly, cutting out after 30 minutes of usage, and can't swap batteries because the phones are "sealed units"?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

B.C Driver

Quote from: John on May 25, 2015, 12:44:33 PM
They'd soon get vandalised. If people can't go 90 minutes without using their phone if it runs out of charge, it shows how sad some people are

True, I could imagine them poking stuff inside the socket holes.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

CL

Speaking of which, does the driver control next stop announcements? I mean, from the cab? If so, the driver on 6704 has left it on 'The Burges' for quite a while now - from Coventry...

6704 seems to have lost the red plastic covering the stop button - downstairs on the priority seats bell (left side)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

B.C Driver

4944 on the 900? Nice to see an old bus on there!  ;D
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

BU07 LGO

I was hoping to catch one today but ended up working :( will try for thirsday

@John yes it was confirmed no plug sockets

danny

Just got on 6705 from cov audio announcement not on screen stuck on perimeter road airport way, must say out of the two journeys I've made I an very impressed well done NXWM.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Gareth

A couple of observations from my two short trips today.
6705 from Birmingham to Yardley. First impressions were excellent. Lots of 'oohs and aahs' from passengers. Next stop display was working, but the audio didn't come on until the stop after the coach station. And no problems with the wifi.

6707 from Yardley to Birmingham. No audio and the display was stuck on Belgrade theatre for the whole journey.

Bus stop displays were no showing real time, but I'd imagine in a day or two that will be sorted. I'm surprised that timetabled times were not showing instead. Looked as if no 900's were running.

The seats are not really 'extra comfy'. They are still comfortable, but so are most brand new buses. Padding seemed the same as any bus. Nothing will ever beat the comfort on the old Timesavers.

The MMCs have an air circulation system, and although it can be heard on most buses, it seemed extra loud on 6707. Maybe I was sat near the vent? (Near the rear upstairs?) it was almost like white noise!

All in all, great buses and welcome additions to the fleet. I think deep down though if I had to pick between these and the original 6705/7 then there's no contest! 😝

James4368

Quote from: Matt on May 25, 2015, 03:58:22 PM
My 900 to Coventry was 4944 and my 900 back is 4898. Guess I'll have to try again another day LOL
im gonna try Wednesday hopefully no BX13/SL14 appear on 900
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on May 25, 2015, 03:58:22 PM
My 900 to Coventry was 4944 and my 900 back is 4898. Guess I'll have to try again another day LOL

Bad luck, champ.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

suavegarv

I also had a non platinum day . Let th
e 13:20 at the swan  pass cos it wasn't new!! Nipped into tesco and missed the next one cos my watch was wrong. Crossed over to go to town on the 14; 04. Gave up at 14:20 cos it disappeared off the real time display. As I got over the road,  it appeared!  It wasn't to be. The ones I saw all seemed rammed.  :-(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk