News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4778

Quote from: BusFan on May 27, 2015, 03:20:30 PM
The general consensus is that these Platinum vehicles seem to really good, living up to their hype somewhat. Guess I need to make a journey to the Airport !

Possibly worth a break of commute at BHI tonight then....
Don't you start.

Stevo

I had a couple of rides today - announcements were pretty good. I think the combination of moquette and leather is a good one. Leather alone is slippy on a bus. One thing, though: the stop before the Swan going towards Coventry is next to the premises of Platinum Executive Travel - Rolls Royces for hire. Expect the lawsuit next week, NXWM!

Stevo

One thing I noticed was that approaching St Martins church inbound the driver changed the display to Coventry 900, whereupon the next stop announcement said 'Birmingham Coach Station' though we hadn't yet arrived at Moor St.  Presumably it's worked by GPS and thought the bus was already outbound.

Matt.N0056

Timetables changed in shelters to show 900/957 as platinum services!

JoNi

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Travelled on 6705 and 6707, neither driver in suits and 6705 completely silent announcements wise, fairly impressed though with the amount of side support can see the seats actually being less comfier for the wider person

suavegarv

I was on 6707 about 1754 from the Wheatsheaf to the Swan. Nice and smooth. Like the legroom and brief use of wifi.No stop announcements but the " next stop" in continous display was "Avis Retail Park". Slight teething problems with the announcements which maybe should have been checked prior to the buses going into full time passenger service.

Solo1

6702 on 6.15 ex city on 900 service

Tony

900 is currently 100% platinum for the first time

Liberator9

Good to hear - assume the 957 may go Platinum either next week or the week after?

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 28, 2015, 11:03:18 AM
Good to hear - assume the 957 may go Platinum either next week or the week after?

6711 & 6712 may arrive tomorrow

Liberator9

@Tony

Thanks - looking forward to seeing the 957 go Platinum as well - ones on the 900 are really good.

James4368

Is 6704 out on 900?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Rob H

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on May 28, 2015, 12:18:52 PM
Is 6704 out on 900?