News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

(05/06/15 and 06/06/15)
NXWM are displaying their platinum buses today from 10am at Bullring

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

P419 EJW

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on June 05, 2015, 08:59:47 AM
(05/06/15 and 06/06/15)
NXWM are displaying their platinum buses today from 10am at Bullring

6124 and 6702 are there today.

leewhayward29

when will Walsall get them?

And what route will be done 1st
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

James4368

as mentioned on route branded buses off route thread

6711 (957)-900E (Birmingham-Birmingham Airport)
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Kevin

Currently on the last 51, and curiosity got the better of me.
When Walsall get Platinum buses, will the late evening timetables have to change? Because else the 51 will be getting Platinum or the 934/935A will get lesser 51 branded Enviro400s
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on June 06, 2015, 12:22:13 AM
Currently on the last 51, and curiosity got the better of me.
When Walsall get Platinum buses, will the late evening timetables have to change? Because else the 51 will be getting Platinum or the 934/935A will get lesser 51 branded Enviro400s

I don't know how true it is, but someone has commented on my Facebook page that according to a Walsall driver, from July there will be extra evening journeys on the X51, so could well be timetable changes to keep the Platinum buses on Platinum routes.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BU07 LGO

I asked this at the platinum training and the lady doing it said she honestly didn't know and would try to find out. I think they will have to change some running boards

Trident 4609

6701 on the 957:
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/trident_4609/17896989134/

Not the best quality in the world but here is 6711 on Moor St today:

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/trident_4609/18518909115/

BU07 LGO

Is it just me or is the back destination too dull?> It doesn't stand out from the branding at all. Unless it is due to the law about having no rear facing white bulbs?

RW

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 06, 2015, 01:17:38 PM
Is it just me or is the back destination too dull?> It doesn't stand out from the branding at all. Unless it is due to the law about having no rear facing white bulbs?
Doesn't seem to be an issue with Arriva's Sapphire vehicles.

Bryan

Quite a few people appear to be excited about the introduction of these Platinum vehicles, but West Midlands PTE had similar upmarket vehicles on the 'Timesaver' routes. It has just been that over the years the services have been downgraded in vehicle specification and now, lo and behold, everyone is supposed to get excited.

Liberator9

Wasn't around at the time of Timesaver vehicles, but going by my interpretation, the Platinums look far smarter inside/externally, they of course didn't have Wi-Fi, weren't low emissions. The Platinum brand is probably a stepup on the Timesavers - and wouldn't say over the years that the main corridors into Birmingham have seen any downgrade in vehicle spec - Tridents in early 2000s, Geminis, E400s, and now MMCs.

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 06, 2015, 07:02:45 PM
Wasn't around at the time of Timesaver vehicles, but going by my interpretation, the Platinums look far smarter inside/externally, they of course didn't have Wi-Fi, weren't low emissions. The Platinum brand is probably a stepup on the Timesavers - and wouldn't say over the years that the main corridors into Birmingham have seen any downgrade in vehicle spec - Tridents in early 2000s, Geminis, E400s, and now MMCs.

Timesaver 'improvements' as far as the passenger was concerned was comfy seats. No other difference to normal buses of the time if they were used on the same routes

Liberator9

Thanks @Tony - thought they didn't have much above their counterparts at the time.

Stevo

The comparison should be between the Platinums and their contemporaries, the MMC E400s. The Timesavers, with much more comfortable seats, a four speed gearbox, higher top speed and revised interior colours were a greater improvement on contemporary Metrobuses than Platinums are over the MMC E400s  This isn't to disparage the Platinums in any way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk