News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Quote from: BusFan on May 16, 2015, 09:57:19 PM
Imagine the amount of people who'll try to get free travel on this plus it's not fair on the driver either !

I know, why pay if you can get it free

the trainbasher

@BU07 LGO and what's the odds you'll have to fund the cost of dry cleaning the suits yourself

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 16, 2015, 10:11:45 PM
@BU07 LGO and what's the odds you'll have to fund the cost of dry cleaning the suits yourself

I know would rather drive an old trident around all day personally

CL

On another note, I love the Platinum branding! Certainly one done well... ;) However, I find the green & white colour choice reminds me of a London Midland vibe... Good-looking buses all round, nonetheless. :) Will be very happy on future trips to Coventry.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

monkeyjoe

Quote from: BusFan on May 16, 2015, 09:57:19 PM
Imagine the amount of people who'll try to get free travel on this plus it's not fair on the driver either !

Not fair on the driver, not sure what you mean by that. NXWM are running a business, people complain it relates to the business more often than not. When your working and people complain if people takes things personally then they need to grow up really. That is if I am reading that correctly.

All sounds like positive stuff, especially if these services charge the same fares (not sure if has been confirmed or not).

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 17, 2015, 07:22:34 AM

Not fair on the driver, not sure what you mean by that. NXWM are running a business, people complain it relates to the business more often than not. When your working and people complain if people takes things personally then they need to grow up really. That is if I am reading that correctly.

All sounds like positive stuff, especially if these services charge the same fares (not sure if has been confirmed or not).

I take on board what you mean, I meant it In the sense that some people may complain about a driver for the sake of getting free travel which may potentially affect the driver in some way.
As 1 of the younger members on this forum (I think), I know some people, especially of my generation will attempt to do something dodgy.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

Quote from: BusFan on May 17, 2015, 09:42:12 AM
I take on board what you mean, I meant it In the sense that some people may complain about a driver for the sake of getting free travel which may potentially affect the driver in some way.
As 1 of the younger members on this forum (I think), I know some people, especially of my generation will attempt to do something dodgy.

The Platinum buses have voice recording as well as CCTV in the cab area, so any complaints against a driver's attitude can be verified. It will also catch passengers abusing drivers which is what it is actually there for!

Traffilog will check for poor driving or late running

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on May 17, 2015, 09:47:54 AM
The Platinum buses have voice recording as well as CCTV in the cab area, so any complaints against a driver's attitude can be verified. It will also catch passengers abusing drivers which is what it is actually there for!

Traffilog will check for poor driving or late running

I was told the voice recording was a rumour made up by drivers with no truth whatsoever ?

Trident 4609

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 17, 2015, 10:03:26 AM
I was told the voice recording was a rumour made up by drivers with no truth whatsoever ?

6101-6148 have voice recording around the cab area also according to a sign onboard

BU07 LGO

That will just make people reluctant to help Incase anything comes back, when asked for directions etc it will be easier to say you don't know instead of opening yourself up for trouble if you give the wrong info?

notepanel

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 17, 2015, 10:19:12 AM
That will just make people reluctant to help Incase anything comes back, when asked for directions etc it will be easier to say you don't know instead of opening yourself up for trouble if you give the wrong info?

Why would anyone get in trouble for giving the wrong information with good intentions? That's surely no worse than a complaint about lack of knowledge?

If it was something obvious, such as the driver saying the 934 runs 24 hours or you can use your NXWM Daysaver on the Diamond 56, which is a clear lie, and a complaint came in regarding that information then you'd expect something to be done. But it will be quite clear to see and hear if a driver believes they are giving correct information - the worse thing that could happen is that you might have some extra training on a particular product?

Ultimately, I'd imagine the majority of complaints regarding driver conduct are at the very least slightly exaggerated and in several cases will be downright lies. In most cases it will back the driver up and prove they've done nothing wrong.

If as a driver you are doing nothing wrong in terms of your behaviour you will have nothing to worry about - if anything the CCTV should reassure you that if a complaint does come in, it will back you up.

Stevo

Doubtless all involved will monitor the working of the new systems. It's important that a driver feels valued by both employer and passengers but I too am slightly concerned about the prospect of low-lifes finding out they only have to complain to get a free journey. It reminds me that the London artics were known as the free buses by the great unwashed.

notepanel

Quote from: Stevo on May 17, 2015, 11:20:36 AM
I too am slightly concerned about the prospect of low-lifes finding out they only have to complain to get a free journey. It reminds me that the London artics were known as the free buses by the great unwashed.

Has this actually been confirmed though? I'd heard rumours about refunds if the bus was late (which would probably be covered in T&Cs as within the companies control and with a bus being considered late after a time period long enough to cover the next bus due meaning in reality it would never be used).

I stand to be corrected, but a general complaint = free journey system seems very vague and unlikely to me.

I'd imagine most people making a complaint to customer relations currently, which is then proven, get free Daysavers etc. as 'compensation'.

JoNi

I once received £10 in vouchers from NX when customer relations lost a complaint I made via the web which disappeared into the ether. Rather than giving out cards I would have thought a redeemable ticket would have been better. It's then logged on the ticket machine. It doesn't sound very practical passing cards through the assault screen to someone who's not going to very happy in the first place.

BU07 LGO

I know, time will tell but I can't see it lasting. Look at the 997 how that was upgraded and then let fall by the wayside

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk