News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Bob on May 13, 2015, 09:42:52 PM
Are the seats like fabric versions of the leather ones on the 997 buses?  Or something  a bit more luxurious

Half leather round edge then standard fabric for the most part. Pretty disappointing in my view.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 13, 2015, 10:33:23 PM
Very likely there will be - I'd say the Sutton routes are a good bet actually - either them or the Harborne routes.

I don't see why the Harborne it's not like they are fast/ limited stop or rail alternatives etc.

Liberator9

Yeah but they are well used, and have benefitted from regular investment over the years (Hybrids, B7s, E400s) - like the 900/957 they get good attention. So it wouldn't surprise me if they converted the Harborne corridor at some point. Would free up a sizeable batch of emission zone compliant vehicles for other Birmingham routes, which will need converting to euro 4 + compliant vehicles in the near future. You never know, perhaps that will mean you'll get Hybrids on the 97   ;)

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 14, 2015, 06:23:21 AM
Yeah but they are well used, and have benefitted from regular investment over the years (Hybrids, B7s, E400s) - like the 900/957 they get good attention. So it wouldn't surprise me if they converted the Harborne corridor at some point. Would free up a sizeable batch of emission zone compliant vehicles for other Birmingham routes, which will need converting to euro 4 + compliant vehicles in the near future. You never know, perhaps that will mean you'll get Hybrids on the 97   ;)

To me that would make absolutely no sense, the amount of investment they have had takes the mick anyway. I would see a potential Platinum network like the 90s Timesaver network if it ever takes off, however will see.

CL

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 13, 2015, 10:33:23 PM
Very likely there will be - I'd say the Sutton routes are a good bet actually - either them or the Harborne routes.
I agree with upgrading the sutton lines. Gives Arriva Sapphire a competitor. ;) Would the  485* - 49** batch be enough to upgrade 65, 67, 94, etc... ???

I'd like for the 126 to go Platinum. I believe that, from my experience, it's a highly respected service - and although a contender for regular MMC's, i'd love to see some Platinums go into Wolves, too.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

Quote from: clayderman on May 14, 2015, 06:07:18 PM
I'd like for the 126 to go Platinum. I believe that, from my experience, it's a highly respected service - and although a contender for regular MMC's, i'd love to see some Platinums go into Wolves, too.

Doubt it would, Platinum with the routes currently revealed to me says "express", so unless they make an express variant of it which seems unlikely then I'd imagine just the Crimson livery
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liberator9

I agree with upgrading the sutton lines. Gives Arriva Sapphire a competitor. ;) Would the  485* - 49** batch be enough to upgrade 65, 67, 94, etc... ???

@clayderman

Yeah it would rival the Sapphire branding - I will have a look at my 65/67 etc PVRs to see if it would be enough.

John

I could see the Suttons getting MMCs in the next few years, but personally I couldn't see them getting Platinum MMCs. Arriva are not really a threat to NX on the 110/116. The 110 does carry good loads in the peaks, but most people come from outside the NWM area. The 116 isn't really busy anytime from what I've seen

30 Enviro400s wouldn't be enough for 65, 67 & 94 combined

Liberator9

That's true - Arriva aren't really a competitor along there, so no real rush to upgrade it to MMCs for a while. Thanks @John - saved me having to find my list  :)

CL

Quote from: John on May 14, 2015, 06:34:50 PM
I could see the Suttons getting MMCs in the next few years, but personally I couldn't see them getting Platinum MMCs. Arriva are not really a threat to NX on the 110/116. The 110 does carry good loads in the peaks, but most people come from outside the NWM area. The 116 isn't really busy anytime from what I've seen

30 Enviro400s wouldn't be enough for 65, 67 & 94 combined
Should've been clearer, I was meant to say either one of them three, but thanks. Suppose PB get some more cascades, from other services, or garages, like WA - I don't see these three recieving new buses anytime soon...

As for Sapphire. I guess you're right, about NX/Arriva not having competition, but I guess there's a separate 'audience' for either operators, i.e. Where a passenger will opt for the other operator, vice versa. NX Platinum would be nice to rival Sapphire's benefits, despite not including power outlets. NX has developed a striking, if not, elegant livery which may bring new passengers to NX's many services into Sutton.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Centro and NXWM have kindly let me put some of their official publicity shots for the new Platinum buses on the main site

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6702.html

Liberator9

Excellent images of 6702 there - thanks for uploading them  :)

Sh4318

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 14, 2015, 06:23:21 AM

I disagree. If you're gonna put platinum buses on the Harborne routes, you might as well put platinum buses on the 9/126/140/141 and 82/83/87/89, cause they're all part of busy corridors, arguably busier than the Harborne.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Platinum spec buses would be a waste of excellent buses for Dudley road might as as well use dust carts with seats from I see on daily basis, personally refurbished buses plenty good enough for Dudley road, your average punter wouldn't have a clue any way.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2900 on May 15, 2015, 11:06:46 AM
Platinum spec buses would be a waste of excellent buses for Dudley road might as as well use dust carts with seats from I see on daily basis, personally refurbished buses plenty good enough for Dudley road, your average punter wouldn't have a clue any way.

I was being hypothetical.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk