News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Quote from: clayderman on April 19, 2015, 09:39:33 PM
Or Reading Buses? (I think the photo is of an E400MMC Hybrid; but the point still stands)
http://www.route-one.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Enviro400-rear-view.jpg

Yes like that and led interior lights like the newer buses in London

Stevo

Quote from: BU07 LGO on April 19, 2015, 10:04:03 PM
I had the platinum training today, to be honest most of what they said was known on here months ago
Didn't they say the drivers would wear suits? Have you been measured for yours yet?

BU07 LGO

They're asking for my measurements but haven't done it yet, its going to be grey. i really cant see it working to be honest, look at the 997 when they tried the leather seats and tinted windows etc.

I'd have personally carried on the premier name and called it national express premier instead of platinum which has already been done by first

JoNi

Apparently Stagecoach has gold so NX chose platinum and they got the chap from Stagecoach who created Gold to implement it.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: JoNi on April 20, 2015, 12:45:11 PM
Apparently Stagecoach has gold so NX chose platinum and they got the chap from Stagecoach who created Gold to implement it.

It just doesn't seem very creative as first already use platinum.

tank90

Quote from: BU07 LGO on April 20, 2015, 02:02:06 PM
It just doesn't seem very creative as first already use platinum.

Besides the 19 in Aberdeen where else it's the brand name Platinum used in First Group?
I ask as the Excel X1 Peterborough to Lowestoft route is using premier liveried buses it's not called Platinum. So saying NX is sort of cheating it's customers by coping First is a little unfair as First Platinum is one route not the amount NX are planning and NX are using brand new buses to launch it into service not repainted and re upholstered buses, that aren't new.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

BU07 LGO

its like an easy way of copying stagecoach gold, by trying to go one better.

If they stuck to premier then it would be original and continuing on from the last two generation 997s

Tony

Fleetnumbers will be 6701-58. The new single decks at AG will be 2201-50. Full details will be on the main site when deliveries are about to start

Gareth

Quote from: Tony on April 20, 2015, 06:32:45 PM
Fleetnumbers will be 6701-58. The new single decks at AG will be 2201-50. Full details will be on the main site when deliveries are about to start

I don't think anybody would have guessed those for the Platinum vehicles! Odd choice.

BU07 LGO

Am I right in saying the bc ones are due first? With walsall's due through June

Trident 4609

Quote from: BU07 LGO on April 20, 2015, 07:30:14 PM
Am I right in saying the bc ones are due first? With walsall's due through June

Yes. BC's are due in Early May.

domino.99

NX clutching at straws for fleet numbers now, 67** and 22** very interesting choices I must say.

paulb1973

Might get to see some 67xx buses in Coventry again (ideally from 6721). Creates a nice gap [6149-6699] for plenty more non-Platinum double-decks in the future.

Kevin

Wow.
So genuinely no logic at all with the fleetnumbers then.
Why such separate numbers for the E400s when the E200's will pretty much just carry on from current single decks?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

filbus1

Quote from: Kevin on April 21, 2015, 06:22:44 AM
Wow.
So genuinely no logic at all with the fleetnumbers then.
Why such separate numbers for the E400s when the E200's will pretty much just carry on from current single decks?
Possibly because the next used number after 2201 is 4001. a large block to use. With the double deckers the next used number after 4995 is 5401 so not so many numbers to use, unless they renumber the Hybrids.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk