News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leewhayward29

Quote from: Liverpool Street on April 18, 2015, 12:25:33 PM
Interesting. Does it only take 18 buses to fully upgrade the 900 & 957? Thought it was more. Anyway; the Pershore Road requires about 24 buses at peak if I remember correctly, so it still needs about 5 Enviros from Walsalls transfer in to be fully upgraded.

4895 - 4913 = 19 buses
Say, Walsall's 4880 - 4884 transfer, that gives 24 buses in total for the Pershore Road.

Obviously this also means 24 Tridents of some description will be departing BC for pastures not-so-new, namely, most likely, the 41's. Unless they want to really tidy up BC's Trident allocation and delete such vehicles like 4218, 4315, 4316, 4317, 4318, 4320, 4321, (Possibly 4366, 67 and 68 if they were willing to let go of the Engineers done-up bus)

If not then they'd probably keep the ad-blu Trident's and deplete the rest to other depots.

How are they going to be branded for the X51, 934/5/6, 997 services?

Will the normal 51 get to see them too?

Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

BU07 LGO

Quote from: leewhayward29 on April 18, 2015, 02:03:31 PM

some night 51s come off the 935a so ...

Ally

It'd be nice if Coventry got the Geminis, they'd fit in numerically too and would create a bigger batch that could be allocated to a single service rather than them being all over the place as per the current situation. One can but wish!
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

Trident 4609

Quote from: leewhayward29 on April 18, 2015, 02:03:31 PM

I would say that branding wouldn't be needed! Platinum is a brand of its own!

Kevin

Quote from: Nathan on April 18, 2015, 06:12:28 PM
I would say that branding wouldn't be needed! Platinum is a brand of its own!

I dunno, I'd be willing to bet they'd brand them, would be good as a group branding, ie "Express along the Cov road" or "Fast to North Birmingham" or something similar, so they could get away with using any of the walsall ones on any of those 3 corridors
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Mike K

Quote from: Kevin on April 18, 2015, 11:18:22 PM
I dunno, I'd be willing to bet they'd brand them, would be good as a group branding, ie "Express along the Cov road" or "Fast to North Birmingham" or something similar, so they could get away with using any of the walsall ones on any of those 3 corridors

If the prototype example was anything to go by they will be branded, but in a subtle way, without day-glo green slapped liberally all over them. The demonstration of the livery was 'X1' branded but was more along the lines of Stagecoach gold and Arriva Sapphire, i.e. understated.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Mike K on April 19, 2015, 09:07:01 AM
If the prototype example was anything to go by they will be branded, but in a subtle way, without day-glo green slapped liberally all over them. The demonstration of the livery was 'X1' branded but was more along the lines of Stagecoach gold and Arriva Sapphire, i.e. understated.

So include it within the livery I.e. Arriva Sapphire (110) as opposed to plastering it with stick on branding.

GeminiFan1991

I get the feeling the branding won't be to dissimilar to what the 9 & 50 have on the MMCs.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

The Fox 4846

Quote from: Tony on April 17, 2015, 06:54:21 PM
The managing Director has made this announcement in his weekly business brief today

Our shiny new two-tone grey Platinum buses will start arriving very soon.

18 buses are going to Birmingham Central for services 900 and 957, arriving from early May (the existing E400s on there will be cascaded to the Pershore Road).
    40 buses are going to Walsall for the X51, 997 and 934/5/6, arriving from June. The existing fleet on there will leave Walsall for various other places including Coventry, Dundee and BC.
@Tony, when you say 'for various other places including Coventry, Dundee and BC do you mean just these garages or these garages and other garages?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Tony

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on April 19, 2015, 04:55:56 PM
@Tony, when you say 'for various other places including Coventry, Dundee and BC do you mean just these garages or these garages and other garages?

That is not 'what I say' that is the quote from the MD's business brief he sends to all staff each week. It is fairly self explanatory if you read it properly, but I don't discuss future plans until they are made public!

BU07 LGO

From what I can see they won't be branded, they are rumoured to have full size rear destinations like the go ahead group use

mranon

do drivers get to see the business brief?

Tony

Quote from: mranon on April 19, 2015, 08:52:17 PM
do drivers get to see the business brief?

It gets sent to every employee with an @Nationalexpress email address. Any driver can have one of those if they wish

CL

Quote from: BU07 LGO on April 19, 2015, 05:52:58 PM
From what I can see they won't be branded, they are rumoured to have full size rear destinations like the go ahead group use

Or Reading Buses? (I think the photo is of an E400MMC Hybrid; but the point still stands)
http://www.route-one.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Enviro400-rear-view.jpg
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on April 19, 2015, 09:25:28 PM
It gets sent to every employee with an @Nationalexpress email address. Any driver can have one of those if they wish

I had the platinum training today, to be honest most of what they said was known on here months ago

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk