News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Nathan on April 17, 2015, 08:48:20 PM
I'd imagine PE and WN would both see Tridents from BC to see off the last of Mercs, B6's and Spectra's.

I'd also imagine 4125-33 will join its sisters at WN soon too.

There is actually a good reason why not, although fare play I wouldn't possibly expect you to know why

Stevo

All we need to know now is their fleet numbers!

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on April 17, 2015, 08:51:53 PM
There is actually a good reason why not, although fare play I wouldn't possibly expect you to know why

I had 4132 tonight, it was a nice bus

don

Quote from: Tony on April 17, 2015, 08:51:53 PM

Is it because a couple have tachos for the Walsall college contract? And that one or two are early NXWM repaints, unlikely to be painted/retrimmed as they have short life expectancy. I was wondering whether some from BCs 4141 onwards batch may transfer instead?

I'm quite surprised people aren't looking broader regarding withdrawals - there are only around 80 Mercs, B6, B10 and Spectra left - and only 50 odd of 171 new buses have arrived. This must mean there will be significant withdrawal of newer stock - you would expect some of BCs more knackered, non re-engined Tridents could be candidates for withdrawal on receipt of new and transferred vehicles.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Quote from: Stevo on April 17, 2015, 09:42:59 PM
All we need to know now is their fleet numbers!

9001-9058??!

winston

Quote from: don on April 17, 2015, 11:00:29 PM
Is it because a couple have tachos for the Walsall college contract? And that one or two are early NXWM repaints, unlikely to be painted/retrimmed as they have short life expectancy. I was wondering whether some from BCs 4141 onwards batch may transfer instead?

I'm quite surprised people aren't looking broader regarding withdrawals - there are only around 80 Mercs, B6, B10 and Spectra left - and only 30 odd of 171 new buses have arrived. This must mean there will be significant withdrawal of newer stock - you would expect some of BCs more knackered, non re-engined Tridents could be candidates for withdrawal on receipt of new and transferred vehicles.

Don,

Don't forget that Dundee also have B10L / early B10BLE's that need replacing this year

tank90

Quote from: don on April 17, 2015, 11:02:37 PM
9001-9058??!

Or 5001-5058
Or even 5101-5158 to be similar to the other MMCs but different as they are a new class of bus.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

don

Quote from: Winston on April 17, 2015, 11:06:26 PM
Don,

Don't forget that Dundee also have B10L / early B10BLE's that need replacing this year

Yes - about 49 if you include all of the Presidents either there or earmarked for there.

winston

Quote from: don on April 17, 2015, 11:21:17 PM
Yes - about 49 if you include all of the Presidents either there or earmarked for there.

I doubt the Presidents will be leaving anytime soon seeing as though more are currently intended to go up/have gone up, more likely allocations will just swap around to ensure the buses on Fife School routes will comply

don

Quote from: Winston on April 17, 2015, 11:23:49 PM
I doubt the Presidents will be leaving anytime soon seeing as though more are currently intended to go up/have gone up, more likely allocations will just swap around to ensure the buses on Fife School routes will comply

We will have to wait and see - however, by my calculation,there are enough vehicles due for delivery in the next few months to replace all stock pre 2000 plus a few. This presumes that the 11 PB Bendis were replaced by some of 6101-6122. I suspect some of the older ones may actually linger whilst a few newer vehicles in worse condition are withdrawn.

tank90

Quote from: don on April 17, 2015, 11:39:15 PM
We will have to wait and see - however, by my calculation,there are enough vehicles due for delivery in the next few months to replace all stock pre 2000 plus a few. This presumes that the 11 PB Bendis were replaced by some of 6101-6122. I suspect some of the older ones may actually linger whilst a few newer vehicles in worse condition are withdrawn.

I thought the E400 MMCs for Pesnett replaced the old E400s which have moved on, as for 6022-6032 they are in the reserve fleet and have been there for a while the last one going in just before the first MMC arrived.
As for 6011-6021 I thought the plan so far was to keep them for as long as possible then replace with other DD cascades or have I misread so much info that Tony has put on here.
With the Fife School contracts the new rules mean that Dundee need some newer buses to release the Geminii to do the Schools and not to replace newish (in Dundee terms) with old presidents they are going to gain some displaced E400s from the platinum update, as well as some more presidents to reduce the number of B10s.
Or failing all of that why not give Dundee back there 10 plate Scainas if and when Acocks Green get there 50 E200 MMCs which would make sense to me, as well as the four at Perry Barr.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

pb2012

WA probably to lose 19-57 plate / 5-13 plate E400 & 15 gemini's when they get the 40 new?+ 1 extra?

Stevo

It would make more sense for Dundee to get AG's B7RLEs as that's a type operated there whereas there are no Omnilinks in Dundee.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on April 17, 2015, 06:54:21 PM
The managing Director has made this announcement in his weekly business brief today

Our shiny new two-tone grey Platinum buses will start arriving very soon.

18 buses are going to Birmingham Central for services 900 and 957, arriving from early May (the existing E400s on there will be cascaded to the Pershore Road).
    40 buses are going to Walsall for the X51, 997 and 934/5/6, arriving from June. The existing fleet on there will leave Walsall for various other places including Coventry, Dundee and BC.

Interesting. Does it only take 18 buses to fully upgrade the 900 & 957? Thought it was more. Anyway; the Pershore Road requires about 24 buses at peak if I remember correctly, so it still needs about 5 Enviros from Walsalls transfer in to be fully upgraded.

4895 - 4913 = 19 buses
Say, Walsall's 4880 - 4884 transfer, that gives 24 buses in total for the Pershore Road.

Obviously this also means 24 Tridents of some description will be departing BC for pastures not-so-new, namely, most likely, the 41's. Unless they want to really tidy up BC's Trident allocation and delete such vehicles like 4218, 4315, 4316, 4317, 4318, 4320, 4321, (Possibly 4366, 67 and 68 if they were willing to let go of the Engineers done-up bus)

If not then they'd probably keep the ad-blu Trident's and deplete the rest to other depots.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

don

Quote from: Stevo on April 18, 2015, 11:55:10 AM
It would make more sense for Dundee to get AG's B7RLEs as that's a type operated there whereas there are no Omnilinks in Dundee.

Or possibly walsall's?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk