News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oozells

What happened to the 900 and 957 type routes being changed to X1, etc? That's the impression I got from the mock-up they did.

CL

Quote from: Oozells on May 15, 2015, 11:19:47 PM
What happened to the 900 and 957 type routes being changed to X1, etc? That's the impression I got from the mock-up they did.

I'm guessing it was something to cover up which routes were to go Platinum - same when 4723 when in for it's promotional repaint... Call me late, but I don't think they're changing the route numbers - also, will cause confusion & will have to change all the bus stops, timetable sheets (not timings, just route number), etc...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Oozells on May 15, 2015, 11:19:47 PM

Is the 126 being upgraded ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Gareth

We don't know yet. It's an artists impression that's been round for months to show what the new buses and livery would be like. They needed some kind of destination to show and went for 126.

The Fox 4846

Does anyone know which routes were timesaver routes?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

domino.99

In coventry a blokes told me @Alex  that platinums are starting on June 1

monkeyjoe

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on May 16, 2015, 12:22:14 PM

901 Birmingham - Lichfield via Kingsbury Rd - Walsall (for a bit)
901a Birmingham  - LIchfield via Sutton / Roughley
900 Did extend to bearwood at one point
962 Birmingham - C Wood
964 Birmingham - Gannow
926 Birmingham - Gornal Wood
979 Birmingham - Wolverhampton via Dudley rd
966 Airport - Wolverhampton via Sutton Walsall / Cwood Collector rd

Can't be bothered to do any more bit that's a start

Gareth

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on May 16, 2015, 12:22:14 PM

Off the top of my head, here are some I can remember from over the years. 900, 926, 962, 963, 966,  950, 951, 952.

These being at different times from 1986-early/mid 1990s. And not all have similar service numbers to the 'regular' version. For example 963 was Bristol Road, yet 962 was Chelmesley Wood.

monkeyjoe

How could I have forgotten the Walsall ones. I think they have always been the busiest ones and most frequent.

Bob

At some point one of the Brum to Cannock/Hednesford ones extended to Rugeley for very occasional trips im sure. Also 952 went to Heath Hayes as well for a time. Sad these services were all killed off by the train, they died a pretty slow death to be fair. Now all weve got is a dreadful rammed train service where you cant get a seat a lot of the time and the three trips into brum and two trips out on the X51

Mike K

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 16, 2015, 12:41:25 PM

901 Birmingham - Lichfield via Kingsbury Rd - Walsall (for a bit)
901a Birmingham  - LIchfield via Sutton / Roughley
900 Did extend to bearwood at one point
962 Birmingham - C Wood
964 Birmingham - Gannow
926 Birmingham - Gornal Wood
979 Birmingham - Wolverhampton via Dudley rd
966 Airport - Wolverhampton via Sutton Walsall / Cwood Collector rd

Can't be bothered to do any more bit that's a start

It was the 951 (B'ham to Bloxwich) that went to Bearwood for a short while. 900 went through to Halesowen initially, and later as far as Hasbury.

monkeyjoe

I still think there is scope for a new 19 19s or 919 on the Hag rd.

Typhoon2000

I give it 3 months before the WiFi burns itself out.
People - The life blood of a city.
Public transport - the veins it flows by.

BU07 LGO

Apparently we will have to give out business cards if a passenger complains which will give them free travel next time as an apology. Lots of drivers aren't very happy because its like helping them to complain about you!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 16, 2015, 09:54:13 PM
Apparently we will have to give out business cards if a passenger complains which will give them free travel next time as an apology. Lots of drivers aren't very happy because its like helping them to complain about you!

Imagine the amount of people who'll try to get free travel on this plus it's not fair on the driver either !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk