News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Matt on May 09, 2015, 10:23:08 PM
"Extra leg room". In comparison to what, and how is this achieved?

Two less seats on each deck than a 61xx MMC

Stevo

I'm glad they didn't spoil the effect with the usual dark red stanchions. I think white stanchions and grab handles would improve the look of the standard interior.

BU07 LGO

Don't get me wrong it's nice but the seats look too normal I was expecting sonething special but to me the leTher enviros looked nicer inside when they was new.

The Harrogate and district geminis have much better interiors

RW

Difficult to tell from the photos but do they have full width rear route number and destination displays or a route number only display?

Liberator9

From the picture of 6702, it looks like a "full width" rear destination display.

CL

Love it! They look really smart! Props to NX on the advertising of this one - so, by these two, I gather Platinum won't be a sea of grey, route branded buses? I think the seats are perfect... And also, the "£12.50 Unlimited Travel" advert seems 'smaller' yet, very subtle... I notice, in the photo of 6702, that the fare sheet/sticker is grey, rather than red. Nice touch. Though, perhaps 'branding' could be less repetitive on the left side of the bus...

Any ideas of the actual date that these will enter service?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Stevo on May 09, 2015, 10:40:37 PM
I'm glad they didn't spoil the effect with the usual dark red stanchions. I think white stanchions and grab handles would improve the look of the standard interior.

Aren't the colours of stanchions etc covered by the DDA?
Tony

Stevo

I think it just says 'contrasting colours'. Arriva has had a sort of ivory colour for some time now and I think it looks better than red or orange. The strange thing is that Diamond's Merc Citaros have grey stanchions in a grey interior - totally non contrasting!

wmacb13

I can't quite make out the names on them (eyesight isn't what it used to be)

It looks like 6701 is 'Diana Ann'  and 6702 is 'Charlotte Ellen'

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks
Alan

Tony

Quote from: wmacb13 on May 10, 2015, 01:38:06 PM
I can't quite make out the names on them (eyesight isn't what it used to be)

It looks like 6701 is 'Diana Ann'  and 6702 is 'Charlotte Ellen'

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks
Alan

6701 - Deana Ann
6702 - Charlotte Ellen

I will put the full list on the main site soon

wmacb13

Many thanks Tony.

Alan

Bob

Are the seats like fabric versions of the leather ones on the 997 buses?  Or something  a bit more luxurious

the trainbasher

Does anyone know When they will be in service??

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

monkeyjoe

Are their likely to be any more after the Walsall lot, or will we have to wait and see. I couldn't really see which group could be next  apart from the Sutton routes.

Liberator9

Very likely there will be - I'd say the Sutton routes are a good bet actually - either them or the Harborne routes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk