News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

there blue and white dart broke down.. towed away from stour bus station tonight

Stuharris 6360

Interestingly, saw a GRS bus on the 246 in Stourbridge bus station this morning, there was a queue of around 20 people waiting but only one got on the bus. As soon as it had left, an NE 246 came in and everyone got on that.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

HTA844N

Saw an advert on the bus today 'follow us on twitter / Facebook'  Facebook.com/grstravelblackcountry Only got 4/5 likes so far. Don't know what the twitter link is.... Can't find it!

Stu

https://www.facebook.com/grstravelblackcountry

Love it! Cover photo shows tatty old bus with paper route number in windscreen, and profile pic shows route they no longer operate! Classy!  :D

(Liked as my page, just for amusement!)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CL

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 22, 2014, 02:52:21 PM
Interestingly, saw a GRS bus on the 246 in Stourbridge bus station this morning, there was a queue of around 20 people waiting but only one got on the bus. As soon as it had left, an NE 246 came in and everyone got on that.

This always happens, it's sort of similar to when VIP ran the 101. If one shows up, a NX one is not far behind! :D ::)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

domino.99

Has this thread just turned into us just slagging off pointing out the faults with grs

Steve6544

Intrestingly on the 246  I saw a grs travel dart with about 9 people on and a paper number in the side screen  there was a paper bus number

When did grs travel start the 246 ?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Daniel w on April 26, 2014, 08:12:59 PM
Intrestingly on the 246  I saw a grs travel dart with about 9 people on and a paper number in the side screen  there was a paper bus number

Early April Daniel, when they pulled off the 16 in Birmingham.

I don't like keep slatting operators, but would have thought they would have got the destination displays sorted out by now, seeing bits of paper stuck in the windows doesn't look very professional.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steve6544

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 26, 2014, 08:17:12 PM

I don't like keep slatting operators, but would have thought they would have got the destination displays sorted out by now, seeing bits of paper stuck in the windows doesn't look very professional.
Although you said a bout the destination displays the front was led screened but the side by the doors was a paper number and the back nothing at all
wonder how long the operator will last though?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Daniel w on April 26, 2014, 08:20:28 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 26, 2014, 08:17:12 PM

Although you said a bout the destination displays the front was led screened but the side by the doors was a paper number and the back nothing at all
wonder how long the operator will last though?

The one i saw in Stourbridge this morning had a paper 246 in the front window.

How long they will last for is a difficult one, it was mentioned on here that they are doing better on this route than they were on the 16, not surprising considering that NE & Diamond are also on the 16. If they are serious on wanting to compete on the 246, then they need to get all the destination screens working, smarten there buses up a bit and maybe even up there frequency slightly.

the trainbasher

Looking at it, the Marshall Dart has a BrightTech destination display system

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

domino.99

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 26, 2014, 11:03:31 PM
Looking at it, the Marshall Dart has a BrightTech destination display system
Whats that??

vinh1000

Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

andrew1991

T202 AFM currently blocking stand S and the lane that runs down the side of it in Dudley bus station

HTA844N

I have been reliably informed that GRS are serious about staying on the 246. They have had some timetable issues with Centro but that has now been resolved. GRS also has plans to expand onto other services around Dudley in the near future. They have recently acquired 1 or maybe 2 low floor vehicles previously with Joes Travel (which have recently had their licence surrendered). Work is being carried out on these buses and once they have recruited enough drivers, keep your eyes open for them on route 222.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk