News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Dylan4579 on December 29, 2013, 04:04:18 PM
They'll probaly merge with Joes

That's really not a bad call Dylan as they already seem to share depot space and exchange vehicles. Still surprised GRS chose the 16 to compete on...

And wasn't aware of that trainbasher but thanks for the info :)

37351ml

Where is the GRS depot these days as the old place by potters lane in wednesbury does not seem to be used anymore.

fleetline6477

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 29, 2013, 04:08:02 PM
Quote from: Dylan4579 on December 29, 2013, 04:04:18 PM
They'll probaly merge with Joes

That's really not a bad call Dylan as they already seem to share depot space and exchange vehicles. Still surprised GRS chose the 16 to compete on...

And wasn't aware of that trainbasher but thanks for the info :)

The guy who owns GRS worked for BCC / Diamond for several years on the 16 and I think was known to passengers as did the old guy with the trilby hat who sadly had the RTA a few months back. maybe that was the reason. When they first started they ran all day as 16A to Scott Arms which was trying something a bit different.

Steveminor

When an operator signs up to the SQP they are signing the undertakings with both centro & the tc. Any breaches will firstly be dealt with by centro any continuous breaches will be reported by centro to the tc. It is then upto the tc to decide what action to take & I believe loss of BSOG is one of the lighter fines that can be given with worst cases being the loss of the TMs repute.

Tony

Quote from: 37351ml on December 29, 2013, 07:34:05 PM
Where is the GRS depot these days as the old place by potters lane in wednesbury does not seem to be used anymore.

Just before you get to Bilston on the 39/79 heading towards Wolverhampton

sarai949

They share it with Joe's Travel!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarai949

Any updates on the public inquiry?

Steveminor

From what I hear he has to remove 2 buses from the 16

PM

Quote from: Steveminor on January 10, 2014, 10:49:02 AM
From what I hear he has to remove 2 buses from the 16

Good news for Diamond then. Clearly they were found to have done something wrong then? Anyone know what it was?

Eric Shaw

It could be that, as his buses are Euro 2, he should not be running any more than every 30 mins.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: John on December 29, 2013, 02:34:22 PM
Quote from: Solo1 on December 29, 2013, 02:16:38 PM
What about GRS Travel running in other operators
livery like the 2 x ampm & the x warrington
one also some have no blinds Will that be included in the pi
aswell or is that a matter for network westmidlands

This can not be an issue, as a certain other operator runs buses will full fleetnames and route branding of the old operator on them and have done for years now

The 'no blinds' bit can, as it is classed as a 'non-compliant' journey.

vinh1000

I notice two of their buses in red have now obtained electronic blinds
Is this a result of TC outcome?
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

the trainbasher

Public Inquiry (47704) held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL on 09 January 2014 at 10:30 hours

(Previous Publication:(2192)
PD1084253          SN
GURDAVER RAM T/A G R S TRAVEL
38 BLACK LAKE, HILL TOP , WEST BROMWICH B70 0PP

- That the licence is reduced from 5 vehicles to 4 vehicles with effect from 14 January 2014;
- That the operator's repute is retained albeit tarnished;
- That the operator no longer satisfies the requirement of professional competence under Section 17(1)(a) and 14ZA(3)(b) of the Act as his TM has lost his good repute and professional competence as a Transport Manager.
- That the operator is granted a period of 3 months grace to appoint a new Transport Manager;
- That adverse findings are made out under Sections 17(3)(a), (aa), (b), (c) and (e) of the Act;
- That no adverse findings are made out on effective and stable establishment and financial standing;
- That adverse findings are also made out under Sections 26(1)(a), (b) and (c) of the 1985 Act and that a financial penalty of £2,750 is imposed (£550 x 5) under Section 155 of the Transport Act 2000, which is to be made payable to the 'Secretary of State'. The fine is to be paid in full within 3 months and failure to do so goes towards the repute of the operator;
- That an order is made out that by 12 January 2014 all PSV vehicles will run in accordance with the Statutory Quality Partnership Scheme as a complementary (compared with core) service as defined in the Birmingham SQP scheme. This means that the operator will not be departing from the area of the SQP more than twice an hour, other SQP rules will continue to apply;
- That formally the short notice variation of registered timetable is approved by the Traffic Commissioner w.e.f Sunday 12 January 2014 – slots are to be agreed with Centro.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Other decisions...TM Enquiry

TM Public Inquiry (EpisodeId:2302 DecisionId:1402) for GURDAVER RAM held at The PI Room (Birmingham) 38 George Road Edgbaston Birmingham B15 1PL, on 09 January 2014 at 10:30 (Previous Publication:(6093))
Declared Unfit under Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 1071/2009

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mikestone

I can't see how they can allow Mr. Ram  to carry on as transport manager for three months - or am I misunderstanding the decision.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk