News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Great news for diamond on the 16 then!

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 24, 2014, 11:34:29 PM

Long Acre should take the opportunity to put out better buses over Solos which can frequently appear on the route

PM

Quote from: Winston on January 24, 2014, 11:48:05 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on January 24, 2014, 11:34:29 PM

Long Acre should take the opportunity to put out better buses over Solos which can frequently appear on the route

I agree there but more longer vehicles would have to be acquired for this to even be a possibility and I would have thought the 4/4H, 42, 43 etc are more likely recipients of newer long buses. Unless they could get some more eclipses/centros and then all of the cadets could move over to Long Acre repainted and refurbed for the 50/16 and there would probably be enough for other routes as well, including some tendered routes whose buses go onto the 108 where extra capacity is also apparently needed.

vinh1000

If you got a out of date pass , nx pass or in one case a guy who used a piece of paper swiped it over the reader and nothing happened as if it were a concessionary card grs is the bus for you

Literally was a walk on service
Didn't even need to swipe my swift or anything :)

Stu

Quote from: vinh1000 on February 01, 2014, 03:18:39 PM
If you got a out of date pass , nx pass or in one case a guy who used a piece of paper swiped it over the reader and nothing happened as if it were a concessionary card grs is the bus for you

I hope you put your SWIFT card on the reader anyway, just for your own peace of mind.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

vinh1000

Quote from: Stu on February 01, 2014, 05:54:36 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on February 01, 2014, 03:18:39 PM

I hope you put your SWIFT card on the reader anyway, just for your own peace of mind.
Yes but went RED

Solo1

Solo1

PD1084253/4 - GURDAVER RAM T/A G R S TRAVEL, 38 BLACK LAKE, HILL TOP, WEST BROMWICH, B70 0PP
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Hamstead and Birmingham given service number 16 effective from 08-Apr-2014.

winston

PD1084253/5 - GURDAVER RAM T/A G R S TRAVEL, 38 BLACK LAKE, HILL TOP, WEST BROMWICH, B70 0PP
        Registration Accepted
        Starting Point: DUDLEY BUS STATION
        Finish Point: STOURBRIDGE BUS STATION
        Via:
        Service Number: 246
        Service Type: Normal Stopping
        Effective Date: 08-APR-2014
        Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY EVERY TWENTY MINUTES

PM

Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2014, 12:00:14 PM
PD1084253/5 - GURDAVER RAM T/A G R S TRAVEL, 38 BLACK LAKE, HILL TOP, WEST BROMWICH, B70 0PP
        Registration Accepted
        Via:

Now that is a good choice of route to compete on!! Means of course that their buses don't have to comply with the sqbp rules. Hopefully diamond will do better on the 16 as a result...

Stuharris 6360

Great, we got there rubbish coming to Stourbridge!!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

fleetline6477

Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2014, 12:00:14 PM
        Registration Accepted
        Via:

AMPM had a bash at running on the 246, didn't carry many passengers and was only fairly short lived as I remember.

They did of course have far longer dead mileage from Tyseley as opposed to Bilston.

the trainbasher

I'm looking forward to using them on my commute home from work each day

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steveminor

Am pm drivers only ever ran their mileage while I was there, however since the other routes were so far away I could be in Dudley often enough to look after 2 buses. So the drivers would often cut mileage or just park up. When I was there takings were significantly higher than even the 14 but as has been said the dead mileage was quite significant

karl724223

When am/pm did the 246 there should have been two buses on but very regular there was only one on some days there was none on

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk