News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Fairly poor some of those E200s don't have the Alarms - they can come in handy. Remember the driver activating it on the 6 once when someone decided to get on without paying, and sitting in protest at the back. A flick of the switch and he soon got off as soon as he heard the words "Please call 999". The YW drivers are sometimes quite keen on using the Scanias to say hello to each other on the 6; better than using the horns on them which sound like foghorns!

domino.99

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 11, 2015, 08:12:50 PM
Quote from: NXDom on February 11, 2015, 08:10:08 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 11, 2015, 07:58:26 PM
Quote from: NXDom on February 11, 2015, 07:53:52 PM
Quote from: P419 EJW on February 10, 2015, 09:26:03 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 10, 2015, 09:04:39 PM
Quote from: John on January 17, 1970, 12:26:45 PM
I've had that problem with the door open button. People start to look at you, then you have to move them all back so I could get out of the cab and press the emergency door button to open the doors.

I also agree about the indicators, they start to flash well after the first beeping nose is heard

I went on a 49** on the 907 the other day, and the gearboxes have been programmed to get through the gears really quick to save diesel, make it even slower pulling away as the gear changes are too soon and you can not build up enough speed. I've heard that the 33 Enviro400s are also getting the same modifications

On the plus side, I do think that they are the best buses to drive though

I've noticed on new buses now the dashboard indicator light is unsynchronized with the actual rate if flash from the outside. And the beeps don't link up either. Of course the E200's don't beep at all and the B7rle flash quite annoyingly fast.

Yeah, I don't like how slow the E200s and E400s indicates... When I was visiting Nottingham and I notice their E400s indicates at a normal pace, I was surprised about that... This got me thinking - did NXWM specify to have slow pace indicating or it was the default spec?

I personally don't think the B7RLEs' indicates fast, it's at the normal pace. I like their noise 'dink dink dink'. Will miss hearing the soft beep beep from B6s and B10Ls.

If I'm honest I like the B6 'orginal' indicator, the E400/200  is ok but just boring (if you can call an indicator noise boring). I don't like when buses dont have a sound like in mercs and excels because you can't really tell when there on or not and quite strange (or the fact that i'm strange).

I thought Excels and Mercs have a very very weak 'dink dink dink' for an indicator sound? And the E200's don't have sound.

Yeah it's just the normal indicator relay sound. 831 onwards have the same sound as the E400's.

I did not know this information. Thank you for the enlightenment.  Do you know if 831+ also has a bandit alarm of correct specification?

99% sure they do. :)

P419 EJW

Quote from: Matt on February 11, 2015, 08:37:14 PM
The Tridents are the best, they ring in your ears for days!

Agreed. There were times I used to hear the alarm on the 529 in Walsall and sometimes in Wolverhampton, it was quite amusing to see the WN inspector to be alert and look everywhere to find which Trident set the alarm. :P I have a noise reduction setting on my processor but that alarm still rings so loud. ;)

Stu

Quote from: Liberator9 on February 11, 2015, 08:35:07 PM
Fairly poor some of those E200s don't have the Alarms - they can come in handy. Remember the driver activating it on the 6 once when someone decided to get on without paying, and sitting in protest at the back. A flick of the switch and he soon got off as soon as he heard the words "Please call 999". The YW drivers are sometimes quite keen on using the Scanias to say hello to each other on the 6; better than using the horns on them which sound like foghorns!

Heard this used only once on an Omnilink on the 37 late one evening, it's a voice that says "This bus is under attack, please call 999" as part of the alarm.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

Yeah it is - there's a video of it here

tank90

I must say the bandit convos is the one thing I miss while waiting for a bus home at Redditch Bus Station. First RH drivers would near enough always us them to greet or make each other jump. The Lances where also fitted with them, tho I never heard the whole alarm it was mainly the loud wheeps (not beeps as it was more of a wheep) they even had a code.........
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

andrew1991

Quote from: Stu on February 11, 2015, 09:08:53 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on February 11, 2015, 08:35:07 PM

Heard this used only once on an Omnilink on the 37 late one evening, it's a voice that says "This bus is under attack, please call 999" as part of the alarm.

The E400 MMC demo at Pensnett has the same alarm.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on February 10, 2015, 12:02:31 PM
Pulling away - Very sluggish, a 14 year old 41 hundred is quicker.
Almost on the verge of being dangerous at 5 ways island or the watering hole at Bordesley. Why is this? In todays traffic we need something that can pull away quick. Again, very annoying.

I've had a few rides on Arriva's Sapphire Enviro 400s on the 110 between Birmingham and Erdington.  They certainly don't have the 'pulling away' problem.

They seem to be livelier than NXWM's 400s on the 902 group, although they are pushed harder and don't normally carry the quantity of passengers that NXWM's do.

The Fox 4846

When will you know the fleet numbers for the MMC's?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Gareth

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on February 12, 2015, 08:03:15 PM

Have some patience! And maybe read through other topics and comments. Tony already commented that he may have them by the end of the week. When he knows and is allowed to tell us, he will.

Ronnoc

I hear you ask too many questions. Please, just be patient.  ;)

pb2012

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on February 12, 2015, 08:34:08 PM
6101 onwards on tony's fleet list.

Tony

Quote from: pb2012 on February 13, 2015, 06:23:40 PM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on February 12, 2015, 08:34:08 PM
6101 onwards on tony's fleet list.

I wondered when someone would notice!

The Fox 4846

33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk