News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

At least three doors for boarding! ADL had better build us a Borismaster  (a Boremaster, I suppose.)

monkeyjoe

winston

Quote from: Stu on January 11, 2015, 05:09:18 PM
Birmingham Connected website:
http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=SystemAdmin%2FCFPageLayout&cid=1223486345242&packedargs=website%3D4&pagename=BCC%2FCommon%2FWrapper%2FCFWrapper&rendermode=live

See document Technical Package 2, the City Link info is on pages 29 and 30, and a map is shown on page 42

Thanks for that Stu, interesting reading... pity the maps go blurred when you try & enlarge them.

Interesting the potential extension of Sprint to Halesowen, with a bus variant of the 9 running from Stourbridge to Halesowen section then Limited stop to B'ham
Also interesting, is the proposed next Sprint routes running along the A45 (to NEC & Airport) & A34 to Walsall covering the X51, 900 & 957 bus routes, which are being upgraded first to 'Platinum' before potential future upgrade to Sprint
Also the Adderley Metro Park & Ride which appears to be on the site of BC garages bus park
All buses on 'core' services will also have to be min Euro 4 by May 2017 (SQPS), as NX have a high concentration of Euro 3 deckers it looks as though the current investment levels are set to continue. NX don't have that many Euro 4 deckers, as that was during the period when the new deliveries were focused on Travel London expansion & towards the end of Euro 4 ECML/high debts

monkeyjoe

I thought it had been rumoured for ages BC was going with the extension of the Metro and HS2 coming etc.

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 11, 2015, 11:04:59 PM
I thought it had been rumoured for ages BC was going with the extension of the Metro and HS2 coming etc.

I think it was rumoured years ago that BC garage would be gobbled up by the East Side redevelopment work, but it never happened. The proposed Park & Ride site only appears to include the Adderley St bus park, not the main garage. Even that appears to be a few years away yet.

Liverpool Street

They won't close BC. At all. Ever.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

don

Quote from: arrifirststage on January 11, 2015, 04:01:29 PM
Can our resident sleuths hazard a guess as to fleet numbers?..........I predict 3001 upwards.

I can't see any reason why they couldn't start at 4996, but I tend to agree with you that a new sequence will be started - 3001 seems a good bet, but could also be 5001 (although they would need to renumber or bypass the hybrids before too long).
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 11, 2015, 11:16:09 PM

Crikey - let's hope not. These old BCT garages are becoming rare - at least one should be a candidate for listed status as part of transport heritage - perhaps Liverpool Street (the garage I mean!!)
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Kevin

Quote from: don on January 12, 2015, 12:08:47 AM
Can our resident sleuths hazard a guess as to fleet numbers?..........I predict 3001 upwards.

I can't see any reason why they couldn't start at 4996, but I tend to agree with you that a new sequence will be started - 3001 seems a good bet, but could also be 5001 (although they would need to renumber or bypass the hybrids before too long).

Surely they'll just carry on up to the hybrids, another few hundred fleetnumbers there to play with

Quote from: don on January 12, 2015, 12:13:01 AM
Crikey - let's hope not. These old BCT garages are becoming rare - at least one should be a candidate for listed status as part of transport heritage - perhaps Liverpool Street (the garage I mean!!)

Liverpool Street himself is already listed anyway, he just prefers not to talk about it ;-)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

JoNi

If the Sprint buses are based from a new site then I can't believe that all existing garages are going to survive. Isn't one of the proposed Sprint routes going to the Bristol Road?

Liverpool Street

Hmm..! I'll let that one slide ;-)

Quote from: Kevin on January 12, 2015, 06:22:13 AM
Quote from: don on January 12, 2015, 12:08:47 AM

Surely they'll just carry on up to the hybrids, another few hundred fleetnumbers there to play with

Liverpool Street himself is already listed anyway, he just prefers not to talk about it ;-)

Okay now that's just taking the mick ;-) haha

Quote from: JoNi on January 12, 2015, 10:16:47 AM

If the Sprint buses are based from a new site then I can't believe that all existing garages are going to survive. Isn't one of the proposed Sprint routes going to the Bristol Road?

This still won't mean they'll close BC for it. Slight rebuild of the already refreshed Adderly Bus Park, but the whole unit will remain.

Remember the rumours that AG would be knocked down and a Sainburys be built in its way? Remember YW to be closed because residents didn't like the engine noise?

Where will 220 buses, 600 drivers and 100+ ancillary and office staff be absorbed to?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 10, 2015, 07:45:16 PM
Quote from: Stu on January 10, 2015, 07:41:05 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 10, 2015, 07:36:48 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 10, 2015, 07:33:43 PM
Quote from: Matt on January 10, 2015, 07:25:27 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 10, 2015, 07:18:14 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 10, 2015, 07:13:50 PM
I would think the 9 will get brand new vehicles, and then the e400s which used to be on 9 can go on 141/241/140 and 246

If the 9 gets new vehicles, i would expect the Enviros to be transferred out to another garage and the Tridents be kept for the 140/1/241!

Why?

Being as the Enviros are still "relatively" new, would have thought they would replace older buses at another garage, eg: Presidents at AG for the 11? Do the 140/1/241 really need Enviro 400s?

Not really, maybe the 246 though. The 11 is just an unlucky route. It goes through rough areas so won't get respected well and the only route the presidents can go on.

The Presidents are only used on the 11 because it doesn't go into the city centre. 'Rough areas' can't be used as an excuse for not upgrading routes, look at the 74/75 which many people comment on being routes through 'rough areas'. How are the new buses doing on those routes so far? I think I saw one post here about seat handles being sawn through, so its not like they've all been trashed yet.

What about the 16!!

And the 101? And the 7? Or the 65?

They're all services which are normally B7TL allocation - which does occasionally see the light of an E400/Scania. They shouldn't be upgraded, yet. And as a regular PB bus passenger, I can say (from passenger's POV) - they still seem 'durable' for a few more years to go...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

The Fox 4846

Which routes are getting the new MMC's?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

The Fox 4846