News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on January 27, 2015, 07:47:35 AM
Anyone know anything besides 22 going to PE

No, if they did it would have been already posted

The Fox 4846

If the 50 gets new MMC's what will happen to the 57 plate enviro's that currently run on the 50?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

winston

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on January 27, 2015, 03:50:45 PM
If the 50 gets new MMC's what will happen to the 57 plate enviro's that currently run on the 50?

I wouldn't worry about that yet, as it hasn't even been confirmed whether the 50 is actually being upgraded

Tony

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on January 27, 2015, 03:50:45 PM

You could say that about the buses on any route, why pick on the 50? because I highly doubt new E400MMCs will end up on routes currently run by Mercs, B10Ls, B6s or any other buses due for withdrawal

Solo1

Sayeed

Век живи - век учись

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Solo1 on January 27, 2015, 04:08:39 PM
will the 94 get new buses

No comment could have "yeah right" but I didn't lol.

Solo1

The Fox 4846

33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Tony

Stevo

Tony

paulb1973

Quote from: Tony on February 05, 2015, 10:15:12 AM
Quote from: Stevo on February 05, 2015, 10:08:25 AM
What will the fleet numbers be?

I'll know that the end of next week

Suppose it should be 4996 onwards, but NX might opt for a different (lower or higher) number range for a new batch of buses.

don

Quote from: Tony on February 05, 2015, 10:15:12 AM
Quote from: Stevo on February 05, 2015, 10:08:25 AM
What will the fleet numbers be?

I'll know that the end of next week

Is that because the first deliveries are due then ........ Valentines Day  :o
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

B.C Driver

Drove one of these the other day for the first time in a while. A few annoying points, I'm not sure  if @2900 or @Liverpool Street or @John would agree?

The indicators - When you put the indicators on it seems there's a second delay from when you pull down or up the indicator stalk to when the indicators actually flash, the bleeping noise isnt instant like the Tridents or Volvos. There are times when you need that indicator on fast and it feels infuriating.

The door open button - 9 times out of 10 this works fine, but in some cases you press to open the doors and nothing happens, then you press it again and again and again and eventually they open with passengers looking at you as if to say what are you doing. Annoying.

Pulling away - Very sluggish, a 14 year old 41 hundred is quicker.
Almost on the verge of being dangerous at 5 ways island or the watering hole at Bordesley. Why is this? In todays traffic we need something that can pull away quick. Again, very annoying.

Those 2 front seats - Never had these on the older buses, but when passengers sit there you feel they are watching you, you dont feel relaxed, you might need to pick your nose or scratch your genatalia (ok that was too much info!) but you get where I'm coming from).

Overall - They are pleasant enough to drive, but I'm not a big fan of them.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk