News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes from 27th April

Started by winston, March 05, 2014, 10:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Smith

Seems as though the changes have come a few weeks early! 49, 63 and 144 extended through Rednal!

(I joke, roadworks on the Bristol Road, but I can only dream of the day that Lickey Road gets a real bus service.)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Russ Smith on April 07, 2014, 09:26:23 PM
Seems as though the changes have come a few weeks early! 49, 63 and 144 extended through Rednal!

(I joke, roadworks on the Bristol Road, but I can only dream of the day that Lickey Road gets a real bus service.)

Lickey Lane [/Road] is getting the 98 and the 45 from the 27th April. Of course, the 45 turns off at Low Hill Lane...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Russ Smith

Yeah, personally I don't think Cofton Hackett deserves 10 buses per hour to town, can't really see the thought behind the extension, is it just to make the 45/47 interwork do you know?

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Russ Smith on April 07, 2014, 11:15:30 PM
Yeah, personally I don't think Cofton Hackett deserves 10 buses per hour to town, can't really see the thought behind the extension, is it just to make the 45/47 interwork do you know?

I imagine it;s to cater for the new estate which is being developed in the area etc.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 08, 2014, 06:13:40 AM
Quote from: Russ Smith on April 07, 2014, 11:15:30 PM

I imagine it;s to cater for the new estate which is being developed in the area etc.

Not so much that, it was to make the 45 directly serve the Longbridge Sainsburys & Bornvile College, in addition to making the duties easier the 45 & 47 would have to interwork at the outer termini as well as the inner. I have to admit, I do detest the 45 & 47 routes now; Pershore Road is constantly congested, the clientèle are extremely low quality for the most part, there's a constant mirage of roadworks and most journeys I travel on seem to experience the pleasures of Job Seekers stale spliffs. In consideration it's every 6 minutes during the day, every bus seems to be packed and they seem to stop at every poxy stop, and the bus stops along the city side of the Pershore are placed so close together the buses rarely get up to speed before having to stop again. Late night buses are amazingly worse, also each service is only 30 minutes each and are usually late; having spoke to some Late Night drivers they get only 3 minute dropback at Cofton, and with ridiculous running time they're usually leaving the outer late and can not make up time without breaking laws. Couple those above points with the detestable schools and colleges en route, the Pershore Road is both a genuine passenger, and driver nightmare. I'm ever so glad I don't have to drive on that crap heap any longer!!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Matt.N0056

NWM site has been updated!!!

only some pages though, I've just found out. And the timetable for the 1 is from 2009!

Busmapper

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on April 08, 2014, 10:42:33 AM
NWM site has been updated!!!

only some pages though, I've just found out. And the timetable for the 1 is from 2009!

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/BusReview/BusReviewIndex.aspx - A work in progress...

I see that neither the 2 or 3 are to be diverted via Moseley, and on Sundays the 3 continues to terminate at the end of Haslucks Green Rd.

Stu

The route info for the new 1 service looks wrong:
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/BusReview/southern_birmingham/bus_service1.aspx

The page says that it will serve the new development in Shirley, but the map and route state that it terminates and begins from the Tesco in Hall Green!

Also the route towards Birmingham shows that it doesn't even serve Acocks Green village!

Also disappointing to see that both the 1 and 31 are actually seeing decreases in frequency (daytime 1 is currently every 15mins, but will be reduced to every 20mins, daytime 31/31A currently provide combined 15 min frequency, but new 31 will have 20min frequency).
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sayeed

Finally NX will be operating 99 on Sundays!!
Век живи - век учись

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Stu on April 08, 2014, 06:45:06 PM
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/BusReview/southern_birmingham/bus_service1.aspx

The page says that it will serve the new development in Shirley, but the map and route state that it terminates and begins from the Tesco in Hall Green!

Also the route towards Birmingham shows that it doesn't even serve Acocks Green village!

Also disappointing to see that both the 1 and 31 are actually seeing decreases in frequency (daytime 1 is currently every 15mins, but will be reduced to every 20mins, daytime 31/31A currently provide combined 15 min frequency, but new 31 will have 20min frequency).

Sneaky buggers, not enough profit what with all these new bus orders. Probably more to come.

Sh4318

Interesting to see that the 31 will now run to Solihull on Sundays
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Quote from: Sh4318 on April 08, 2014, 07:27:53 PM

Interesting to see that the 31 will now run to Solihull on Sundays

That was something positive, although it's Sunday daytimes only.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

trident4370

Having had a proper look at the changes now, it's nice to see an earlier Sunday 35 journey has been added, although I wonder if this was influenced more by Simon's promise to look into it, in the old "Questions to NX Director" as opposed to directly from the review itself.... Shame to see many missed opportunities with the 2/3 and 76 but at least the chosen changes are improvements nonetheless. I'm also glad the 45 will see a frequency boost as in my experience it is just as well used as the 47. The only thing baffling me is why they chose to extend the 1 to Shirley, apart from 3 replacement in Gospel Oak, I can't see the point of that at all but that's just my opinion. I'm also a bit confused as to why the 5 is now terminating in Solihull Town Centre when it has a generous 10 minute layover in the station as it is, surely there can't be much more time to be gained.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: trident4370 on April 08, 2014, 08:18:51 PM
Having had a proper look at the changes now, it's nice to see an earlier Sunday 35 journey has been added, although I wonder if this was influenced more by Simon's promise to look into it, in the old "Questions to NX Director" as opposed to directly from the review itself.... Shame to see many missed opportunities with the 2/3 and 76 but at least the chosen changes are improvements nonetheless. I'm also glad the 45 will see a frequency boost as in my experience it is just as well used as the 47. The only thing baffling me is why they chose to extend the 1 to Shirley, apart from 3 replacement in Gospel Oak, I can't see the point of that at all but that's just my opinion. I'm also a bit confused as to why the 5 is now terminating in Solihull Town Centre when it has a generous 10 minute layover in the station as it is, surely there can't be much more time to be gained.

Solihull Town Centre could prove to be very interesting, with the increase of the 31, 5 being terminated in the Town Centre as well as the 30 laying over there!

Looking at the 5 & 31 timetable, they both seem to have 13/14 mins layover during the day? if i've worked it out right - which I probaly haven't! - things are going to be even worse in the Town Centre!

trident4370

Not to mention the amount of 71/71E that have a habit of blocking that stand off too! I also think a big mistake has been made dropping the 49 to every 15, especially when the Solihull College mob descend, granted there are some extra journeys from around 3:00-3:30 on that timetable, but I'm pretty sure some come out later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk