News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service Changes from 27th April

Started by winston, March 05, 2014, 10:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex BC driver

Quote from: Roy on March 06, 2014, 12:38:33 PM

2. PD0001111/112 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ

Variation Accepted: Operating between Birmingham, City Centre, Corporation Street and Gannow, Crompton Road given service number 61/63 effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Timetable. 

Corporation Street?

Roy

There are now a few more on VOSA.  I have trimmed them down to just show the number, route and change.  The problem with VOSA registrations is that route numbers and routes may be out of date.  It will be interesting to see when the changes are announced.  If previous reorganisations are anything to go by, Centro will probably not announce anything until they organise roadshows a week or two before 27 April.  Then you can go along and find out that some of the new timetables haven't been printed yet. 
Both Bristol and Brighton have large changes starting on 13 April - in both cases, the changes are already posted on the internet with timetables promised during March.  I bet it doesn't happen here.

1   Birmingham, City Centre, Town Hall and Acocks Green Village, Haslocks Green Rd    Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.
2    Birmingham, Carrs Lane and Maypole, Maypole Lane   Timetable
3   Birmingham, Carrs Lane and Shirley, Green Business Park   Route, Stopping Places and Timetable
5/5A   Birmingham, Carrs Lane and Solihull Station   Route, Stopping Places and Timetable
6   Birmingham City Centre, Corporation Street and Solihull, Rail Station   Timetable
18/18A   Yardley Wood Garage and Bartley Green, Romsley Road   Timetable
22/23/23a   Birmingham, City Centre, Colmore Row and Kitwell, Herlech Close    Timetable
24   City Centre, Colmore Row and Woodgate Valley North ,Simmonds Dr   Timetable
29/29A/29S   Birmingham, City Centre, Colmore Row and Frankley Holly Hill    Route, Stopping Places and Timetable
31   Birmingham, Corporation Street and Solihull/Shirley   Route, Stopping Places and Timetable
35   Birmingham, City Centre, Corporation Street and Birmingham, Hawkesley Shannon Road    Timetable
45/47/47S   Birmingham, City Centre, High Street and Cofton Hackett   Route and Timetable
49   Jaguar Landrover and Northfield Shopping Centre   Route, Stopping Places and Timetable
55   Birmingham City Centre, The Priory and Chemsley Wood, Interchange   Timetable
61/63   Birmingham, City Centre, Corporation Street and Gannow, Crompton Road   Timetable
X64   Birmingham, City Centre, Corporation Street and Woodgate, Wood Lane and Woodcock Hill Moors Lane    Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.
73   Birmingham, Heartlands Hospital and Solihull Station   Route and Timetable
76   Solihull and Queen Elizabeth Hospital   Timetable
94   Birmingham City Centre, Priory Queensway and Chelmsley Wood, Interchange   Timetable
98   Birmingham, Corporation Street and Rubery Great Park, Parkway   Timetable
99/98   University Station, Queen Elizabeth Hospital and Rowley Regis Station(/Hagley Road Haley Green    Timetable

winston

Quote from: Roy on March 06, 2014, 03:01:11 PM
There are now a few more on VOSA.  I have trimmed them down to just show the number, route and change.  The problem with VOSA registrations is that route numbers and routes may be out of date.  It will be interesting to see when the changes are announced.  If previous reorganisations are anything to go by, Centro will probably not announce anything until they organise roadshows a week or two before 27 April.  Then you can go along and find out that some of the new timetables haven't been printed yet. 
Both Bristol and Brighton have large changes starting on 13 April - in both cases, the changes are already posted on the internet with timetables promised during March.  I bet it doesn't happen here.

1   Birmingham, City Centre, Town Hall and Acocks Green Village, Haslocks Green Rd    Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.
2    Birmingham, Carrs Lane and Maypole, Maypole Lane   Timetable
3   Birmingham, Carrs Lane and Shirley, Green Business Park   Route, Stopping Places and Timetable
5/5A   Birmingham, Carrs Lane and Solihull Station   Route, Stopping Places and Timetable
6   Birmingham City Centre, Corporation Street and Solihull, Rail Station   Timetable
18/18A   Yardley Wood Garage and Bartley Green, Romsley Road   Timetable
22/23/23a   Birmingham, City Centre, Colmore Row and Kitwell, Herlech Close    Timetable
24   City Centre, Colmore Row and Woodgate Valley North ,Simmonds Dr   Timetable
29/29A/29S   Birmingham, City Centre, Colmore Row and Frankley Holly Hill    Route, Stopping Places and Timetable
31   Birmingham, Corporation Street and Solihull/Shirley   Route, Stopping Places and Timetable
35   Birmingham, City Centre, Corporation Street and Birmingham, Hawkesley Shannon Road    Timetable
45/47/47S   Birmingham, City Centre, High Street and Cofton Hackett   Route and Timetable
49   Jaguar Landrover and Northfield Shopping Centre   Route, Stopping Places and Timetable
55   Birmingham City Centre, The Priory and Chemsley Wood, Interchange   Timetable
61/63   Birmingham, City Centre, Corporation Street and Gannow, Crompton Road   Timetable
X64   Birmingham, City Centre, Corporation Street and Woodgate, Wood Lane and Woodcock Hill Moors Lane    Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.
73   Birmingham, Heartlands Hospital and Solihull Station   Route and Timetable
76   Solihull and Queen Elizabeth Hospital   Timetable
94   Birmingham City Centre, Priory Queensway and Chelmsley Wood, Interchange   Timetable
98   Birmingham, Corporation Street and Rubery Great Park, Parkway   Timetable
99/98   University Station, Queen Elizabeth Hospital and Rowley Regis Station(/Hagley Road Haley Green    Timetable

Roy,

I'd already tagged them on to your original post

Liverpool Street

So my routes are 100% changing then. The 49 is a new registration details and same for the 45/47. Good bit of stuff for April then :) Maybe the Sunday timetables will now be possible to follow?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Roy

Quote from: Winston on March 06, 2014, 03:16:03 PM
Roy,

Sorry about that Winston.  I hadn't looked back to the previous page.

I notice that, of the routes in the original consultation document, there are no changes (yet?) for the 8A, 8C, 58, 59 or 60.

nitromatt1

I'm intrigued by the 98/99 going to Rowley Regis station & Hayley Green?

winston

Quote from: Roy on March 06, 2014, 04:35:09 PM
Quote from: Winston on March 06, 2014, 03:16:03 PM
Roy,

Sorry about that Winston.  I hadn't looked back to the previous page.

I notice that, of the routes in the original consultation document, there are no changes (yet?) for the 8A, 8C, 58, 59 or 60.

No worries Roy, I probably should have posted something to let people know that had already seen your post, thought it was best to keep them altogether......

Quote from: Matt on March 06, 2014, 04:39:27 PM
I'm intrigued by the 98/99 going to Rowley Regis station & Hayley Green?

Matt, don't get too intrigued  :P

it's VOSA again. Those registrations date back to pre the current 99 when the 636 & 637 used to run there

bususer12

I thin the 297 registration says it is inbetween Dudley and Stourbridge, depsite the fact its been changed so much, both terminus are different.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Liverpool Street on March 06, 2014, 10:05:49 AM
Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 06, 2014, 09:59:21 AM
I have to agree, the previous numbering system of 200's (Dudley), 300's (Walsall), 400's (Sandwell), 500's (Wolverhampton) was a good system, it should have been left alone, I saw an OAP picking up a 7 timetable in Walsall Bus Station, I just noticed that it was the City to Perry Common service 7 where as she wanted the 7 Walsall to Castlefort service. All this could have been avoided.

I know right? Did people really find it so hard to remember one additional number? Again, it's graduates with degrees in power. As I'm sure you can imagine, I'd much further respect management when they've worked up from the bottom of a business. Not come in upper management straight from a poxy University. The old way was the best way.

I vehemently concur. I prefer the 2/3/4/5/600's system because it was easy to recognise the numbers and which area it served. It didn't cause confusion. I was and still am confused as to why the system got scrapped and changed to similar numbers. That number system was great... They should have left it as it was! It is evident that there are confusion caused by the preposterous and pointless transition of the number system.

Stu

Some interesting changes here, so the 1 is going to get extended to Shirley then? (presumably only during daytimes). And the 31 is only going to Solihull, with the 3 going to the Green Business Park.

Not quite the major changes I was expecting, but there may still be more to come!

I wonder if the 49 journeys to Land Rover in Solihull will just be occasional journeys, same as you get on the 37.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Stu on March 06, 2014, 06:27:20 PM
Some interesting changes here, so the 1 is going to get extended to Shirley then? (presumably only during daytimes). And the 31 is only going to Solihull, with the 3 going to the Green Business Park.

Not quite the major changes I was expecting, but there may still be more to come!

I wonder if the 49 journeys to Land Rover in Solihull will just be occasional journeys, same as you get on the 37.

Stu where you getting the first paragraph from, is that just guessing or have I missed something.

Also wondering if that could first deliveries of some new buses for 2014 ? Well  just making that up.

monkeyjoe

Ignore my last post, i see it on the VOSA site dur on my behalf, it's been a long day.

filbus1

Quote from: P419 EJW on March 06, 2014, 05:59:11 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on March 06, 2014, 10:05:49 AM
Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 06, 2014, 09:59:21 AM
I have to agree, the previous numbering system of 200's (Dudley), 300's (Walsall), 400's (Sandwell), 500's (Wolverhampton) was a good system, it should have been left alone, I saw an OAP picking up a 7 timetable in Walsall Bus Station, I just noticed that it was the City to Perry Common service 7 where as she wanted the 7 Walsall to Castlefort service. All this could have been avoided.

I know right? Did people really find it so hard to remember one additional number? Again, it's graduates with degrees in power. As I'm sure you can imagine, I'd much further respect management when they've worked up from the bottom of a business. Not come in upper management straight from a poxy University. The old way was the best way.

I vehemently concur. I prefer the 2/3/4/5/600's system because it was easy to recognise the numbers and which area it served. It didn't cause confusion. I was and still am confused as to why the system got scrapped and changed to similar numbers. That number system was great... They should have left it as it was! It is evident that there are confusion caused by the preposterous and pointless transition of the number system.

Someone did ask me in Selly Oak where he could catch the 49. Did they mean the WB 49 or the YW one. I did ask him which one but he could easily have been sent a long way from where he wanted to be.

winston

No existing services have been cancelled and there doesn't appear to be any new ones to date

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on March 06, 2014, 08:08:46 PM

No existing services have been cancelled and there doesn't appear to be any new ones to date

Would expect some more registrations are due, i wonder whether the 8 will go untouched or have they decieded to reroute it?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk