News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes from 27th April

Started by winston, March 05, 2014, 10:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Steve3229vp on April 06, 2014, 08:48:48 PM
This is typical of National Express and Network West Midlands, these changes take place 3 weeks today, they always keep changes under wraps like it's a big major secret, they should be ashamed of themselves

Well this is what I'm saying. The public know the changes are due any time now, people need to arrange different times and bus changes en route and yet they still don't have any chance of knowing. I'll let them till Friday then the Formal Complaint will go in. Two weeks notice is a disgusting amount of time for a notice period. And I wholeheartedly agree, they should be ashamed of themselves.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Liverpool Street on April 06, 2014, 08:44:07 PM
Well if I don't hear anything about these changes some time this week I will be giving Centro a rollocking! Fancy like leaving the public in the dark about this, so we're going to get - what - a weeks notice? Pull your act together! Let me guess, even the drivers don't even know for certain what's going to be happening. I've never known a company so compliant about keeping everyone in the dark for the longest time possible. And not only that the staff should have at least 6 weeks notice! According to my sources, and speaking to drivers, that has yet to happen.

Overhearing a couple of AG drivers, they have a vague idea of what is happening, and they there were starting route training. The NWM site is slowly being updated - they layout is there, just no information! http://www.networkwestmidlands.co.uk/BusReview/BusReviewIndex.aspx

I did pop into the Travel Shop in Solihull, again, but I always seem to know more than them!

Also it seems the 72 has been extended to Solihull Station on a Sunday (from the Town Centre!) from today, with a slightly revised timetable. The revised timetable is advertised on NWM site but not NX, and the timetable in the Town Centre has yet to be updated, not sure aouth the rest!

JB93

The 72 has always served the station...

Trident 4609

Quote from: JB93 on April 06, 2014, 09:49:38 PM

Not on a Sunday. Only goes as far as the town centre as a 72E. (Why didn't it go to the station in the first place on a Sunday)

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Nathan on April 06, 2014, 09:56:37 PM
Quote from: JB93 on April 06, 2014, 09:49:38 PM

Not on a Sunday. Only goes as far as the town centre as a 72E. (Why didn't it go to the station in the first place on a Sunday)

Should have put on a Sunday in there somewhere!  ;)

Probably something to do with timings. They've more than likely put an extra bus on to give a bit of a longer running time/more layover

Steve3229vp

I sent a message to the Network West Midlands Facebook page about the South Birmingham changes and this is the reply I got:

"We'll be announcing them later this week - still some final confirmations to be made"

Totally Pathetic and I don't believe a word of the "still some final confirmations to be made" part of the reply !!!

JoNi

I wrote to NX customer services regarding failure to post new timetables for Coventry changes in late March. I received a reply saying I'm sorry you're upset and sent me a hyperlink to traveline. No commitment was made to do anything and the current timetables displayed are still wrong. Up to date are not even posted on many bus stops on Coventry route 10. Good luck to those expecting comprehensive up to date information in South Birmingham.

Solo1

Quote from: Steve3229vp on April 07, 2014, 10:07:46 AM
I sent a message to the Network West Midlands Facebook page about the South Birmingham changes and this is the reply I got:

"We'll be announcing them later this week - still some final confirmations to be made"

Totally Pathetic and I don't believe a word of the "still some final confirmations to be made" part of the reply !!!
.On the centro website the other  bus changes are still
showing  March changes wonder how long
before this is updated like the contracts that are changing
I know some will end october 

trident4370

As usual it looks like it is going to be a total flop then. I hope Bordesley are ready for the complaints that will probably rush in at the start of May. Centro don't appear to have taken the consultation posters down from the bus shelters yet either from before christmas, if they have then they haven't done many.

Someone else asked about the changes on the NWM facebook page this morning:
"Southern Birmingham and Solihull Bus Changes - I've found the page on the website but cannot access the information , these changes all start in 3 weeks !!!"
Network West Midlands: "We'll be announcing them later this week - still some final confirmations to be made."

the trainbasher

It wouldn't happen if the districts were in charge!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

vinh1000

Quote from: trident4370 on April 07, 2014, 01:35:48 PM
As usual it looks like it is going to be a total flop then. I hope Bordesley are ready for the complaints that will probably rush in at the start of May. Centro don't appear to have taken the consultation posters down from the bus shelters yet either from before christmas, if they have then they haven't done many.

Someone else asked about the changes on the NWM facebook page this morning:
"Southern Birmingham and Solihull Bus Changes - I've found the page on the website but cannot access the information , these changes all start in 3 weeks !!!"
Network West Midlands: "We'll be announcing them later this week - still some final confirmations to be made."
Near when I live there are still posters from older reviews way back
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Stu

Quote from: trident4370 on April 07, 2014, 01:35:48 PM
Centro don't appear to have taken the consultation posters down from the bus shelters yet either from before christmas, if they have then they haven't done many.

They're still up at the 31 stops in Acocks Green village; maybe they're keeping them up as 'evidence' for when people start complaining that they didn't know anything about a consultation!  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Matt.N0056

I thought they were curtailing the 73 to Heartlands Hospital? I know they wanted to curtail it to the Yew Tree but it seems all they're doing is extending it down Moor St!

Stu

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on April 07, 2014, 07:41:26 PM
I thought they were curtailing the 73 to Heartlands Hospital? I know they wanted to curtail it to the Yew Tree but it seems all they're doing is extending it down Moor St!

Where did you see/hear that about the 73? I also thought it was being curtailed to Heartlands Hospital-Solihull, but someone else also mentioned it was being extended again in the city centre on my FixMyTransport page:
http://www.fixmytransport.com/campaigns/explain-how-extending-the-1-to-shirl
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on April 07, 2014, 07:44:16 PM
Quote from: Matt.N0056 on April 07, 2014, 07:41:26 PM

Where did you see/hear that about the 73? I also thought it was being curtailed to Heartlands Hospital-Solihull, but someone else also mentioned it was being extended again in the city centre on my FixMyTransport page:
http://www.fixmytransport.com/campaigns/explain-how-extending-the-1-to-shirl

I asked in the Travel Shop in the Pavilions.  They have some details but not in-depth i.e 31 route change in Gospel Oak, 49 curtailed to Northifield, alternate journeys terminate at Longbridge.

Timetable should start arriving from Wednesday apparently

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk